Torque wrench is an essential tool of every toolbox whether it is a toolbox of a common person or a professional. And fastening of bolts and screws is nothing more than a breeze with these gadgets.
There was a time when simple wrench were utilized but with the passage of time different types of wrench took their place in the industry and now people are using a variety of wrenches like simple wrench, digital or electric wrench, beam wrench etc.
So the best torque wrench for the money is one that suits to your needs perfectly.
Features To Consider For Best Torque Wrench
It can be an uphill task to select the best torque wrench specifically if you are not well aware of the features that you need to consider before having it in your tool kit.
In market, a huge range of torque wrenches is available according to consumer’s needs. Now, it depends upon you for which purpose you want to use it and which wrench fits well to your requirement.
Here, we will discuss some important factors that will help you to choose the appropriate torque wrench.
Important Factors For Torque Wrench
The first important point that you need to consider is the size of the wrench. Basically, torque wrenches come in four different sizes. They are compatible for varying torque ranges and can be utilized for different purposes.
Firstly, we will talk about 1/ 4 inch drive which suit well to small bolts and nuts for example motorcycles, bicycles and other garden tools. As far as, their torque capacity is concerned, they generate 4 to 21 pounds. Another size is 3/8 inch which is most suitable option for approximately all automobiles.
This wrench size produces 15 to 75 pounds torque which is the basic requirement for cars, trucks and other passenger vehicles. It is considered the most versatile wrench and offers a huge range of functions.
Next one is 1/ 2 inch drive which can tight bigger nuts and bolts like in heavy engines and suspension. Last but not least is the ¾ inch drive which is really helpful in exceptional applications like in tractor trailers and big aircraft.
So always focus on the size of the wrench before making a final decision as it will save your time and energy.
This is another major point that cannot be ignored. Four different types of torque wrenches are available. If you talk about the beam torque wrench, it is the oldest one but some advanced versions like electrical and digital ones are the latest torque wrenches.
In terms of efficiency, digital wrench includes the feature of great memory and has a louder sound when the exact torque is applied. Most of the consumers prefer this wrench for their automotive work. Last one is an interchangeable torque wrench which is commonly used all around the globe.
It is necessary to select a wrench that offers an accuracy of minus or plus 5%. If you are planning to have a torque wrench, just see the calibration for the date and precision according to the company’s setting.
A storage case is the basic requirement to keep your tools protected. Some brands offer a storage case, in case it is not provided, try to purchase it to shield its calibrations.
If you are concerned about the material of the torque wrench, keep this vital point in your mind, it should be composed of high quality metallic because it will enhance its durability and it can stay with you for longer.
On the other hand, plastic wrench is a total waste of your money and definitely it will not be the best torque wrench.
Best Torque Wrench Review
In the market available Different Types of Torque Wrench and Digital wrench is a tool that has been designed for the precise measurement and it has multiple applications like it can be used in automotive, industrial, aerospace and in many more other fields.
Budget friendly wrenches are the ultimate choice of every user. Here we are going to review the features of some best torque wrench understanding of our reader.
Pro Bike Tool 1/4 Inch is among one of the best budget torque wrench that has been designed keeping in view the user safety. It provides torque from 2.0 to 20 Nm and it also allows the micro-adjustments of 0.1. This tool makes it sure that the bolts and fittings of your bike are done accurately and securely.
Pro Bike Tool ¼ inch is a dual direction torque wrench that eliminates guesswork and provides accurate services if you follow the exact settings provided by the manufacturers. This tool comes with a High-contrast Nm scale so the feature of readability is high in case of this wrench.
This Pro Bike Tool ¼ inch provides multiple Hex, Torx and it also comes 100mm extension that greatly facilitates the working of its users in case of tight spaces.
- It is not only easy yet secure to use this wrench.
- Its accuracy rating is quite good in context of the higher torque settings.
- High-quality storage case is provided with this product that allows the proper storage of this tool.
- You can lock your torque to avoid any accidental change in setting during your work.
- Its anti-clockwise accuracy setting is 6% that is a little bit low.
TEKTON 24340 is a ½ inch drive click torque wrench that offers dual-range scale. This high-contrast scale is very easy to read and you can read it even in the dim light or darkness.
This budget-friendly wrench comes with a reversible ratchet head so you can drive it into both directions like back and forward.
This torque wrench offers all-steel construction so the feature of durability is high and it can withstand against wear and tear easily.
This is a suitable wrench for tractors, cars, trucks and other large equipments. It gives you an ultimate confidence of perfect fastening of bolts and nuts.
Its torque limits range from 25-250 ft.-lbs. This tool makes it sure that all parts are perfectly attached without stripping any material. The torque calibrated accuracy of TEKTON 24340 is +-4%. The weight of this product is 4.41 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 26*3*2.5 inches.
- Its high-contrast scale is worth praising as it helps you to read the scale easily.
- It can be used with different types of nuts and bolts.
- It can be handled conveniently during work.
- In case of higher torque setting, it may not work properly.
eTORK Click-Style Torque Wrench is another budget-friendly torque wrench that has been designed to screw nuts and bolts without any trouble.
By paying attention to the wrench clicks, users can understand that the pre-set torque value has been achieved. Its calibration accuracy is +-3 % in CW (clockwise) direction which is mostly +-4 % in case of other models.
eTORK Click-Style Torque Wrench is a tool that fully complies with the requirements of American National Standard.
The weight of this product is 3.31 pounds and the other dimensions of this wrench are 20.5*1.5*1.5 inches. Alloy steel construction helps this tool to stand against wear and tear during use.
This is an ergonomically designed product that has a soft-grip handle so it is convenient to hold this product as your hand does not get slipped off this tool.
- It is possible to lock selected torque to prevent accidental changes in setting during work.
- Its ball-bearing release mechanism is worth mentioning.
- It is easy to perform counter-clockwise and clockwise operations in a tight space due to its 45 tooth ratchet head.
- Protective carrying case is provided with this budget wrench.
- It works both in clockwise and counter clockwise direction easily.
- This wrench is bulkier than many other models.
GEARWRENCH 85077 is an innovative and the latest digital torque wrench that has been designed to perfectly facilitate the measurements. This tool is very light in weight as its weight is just 3 pounds. The other dimensions of this product are 25.6*2.9*3.3 inches.
GEARWRENCH 85077 expresses measurements in the form of four units like Nm, kgf-m, kgf-cm, in-lbs and ft-lb. This is a tool of professionals that offers 72 tooth ratchet mechanism. Its 5-degree swing arc has been designed to move fasteners even in the confined spaces.
This is an oil-resistant tool so you can expect that it will serve you for more number of years. It is convenient to hold this tool for extended time due to its comfortable grip handle.
The torque accuracy of GEARWRENCH 85077 is +-2% clockwise, +-3% counter clockwise and 20% to 100% is the full scale accuracy. This digital torque wrench is available in ½ inch and 3/8 inch drives.
- It is convenient to hold this product due to its light weight.
- This is an easy to use torque wrench.
- You can perform fastening tasks even in tight spaces with the help of its 5-degree swing arc.
- This flex head wrench is present in ½ inch and 3/8 inch drives.
- You need time to get use to of this tool.
Neiko Pro 03709B is a ½ inch drive adjustable torque wrench that can be used by the professionals for their working. This wrench comes with a multiple torque settings and its torque ranges from 50 to 250 foot ponds. This is an amazing product that provides dual reading like Newton-meters and foot-pounds.
Users can make it sure that the bolts and nuts have been fastened properly because they can hear click when this torque wrench achieves its pre-set torque value. All-steel construction of Neiko Pro 03709B enhances the feature of durability of this product.
The weight of Neiko Pro 03709B is 6 pounds whereas the other dimensions of this product are 26.2*3.2*2.6 inches. Its corrosion-resistant chrome-moly ratchet head helps to make your investment long-lasting. Its textured grip handle, prevents your hands from slipping during work.
- It is quite easy to use this product due to its anti-slip textured grip.
- All steel construction makes this product long-lasting for its users.
- Feature of reversible lock setting allows the use of this wrench in reverse and forward direction without any trouble.
- Its low to high settings are difficult to find in any other torque wrench.
- You can easily store this wrench at lowest setting when there is no need of this wrench.
- This is a heavy torque wrench in comparison to the other models.
TEKTON 24335 is an amazing ½ inch drive click torque wrench that creates the sound clicks for the proper understanding of users. While using this wrench, you can not only hear but also feel the clicks when the real value is accessed. This wrench comes with a dual-range scale that can be easily read even in the dim lights.
TEKTON 24335 is a proficient torque wrench that prevents its user from over-tightening of fasteners. You can easily tighten the screws of vehicles and make it sure that they are fully secured and no damaged is caused to them during work.
The weight of this torque wrench is 2.2 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 18.5*1.9*1.4 inches.
This is a durable tool as it has a complete steel construction and steel can withstand wear and tear easily. This product offers dual range torque like 10-150ft.-lbs so this is an ideal tool for cars, garden equipments and trucks.
- This is a very lightweight torque wrench.
- It is easy to hold this tool as users feel no fatigue during work due to its low weight.
- All-steel construction enhances the feature of durability of this too.
- A perfect tool that facilitates the fastening without damaging or stripping the bolts or nuts.
- Due to high contrast dual scale range, it is quite easy to read this tool.
- Some users complain about its torque setting.
Industrial Brand CDI Torque 2503MFRPH is a ½ inch adjustable micrometer torque wrench that has been designed to avail the torque that ranges from 30 to 250 foot-pounds.
This wrench comes with a dual scale so the feature of calibrated dual direction makes this product more useful.
There is a spring pull down lock ring and feature of positive lock has been introduced with this ring to enhance the usage of this torque wrench.
This is a great wrench that works very fast and you can set it without any trouble. The weight of this torque wrench is 4.3 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 21.2*2.8*2.4 inches.
There is a quick-release button too that facilitates with good socket retention. This is an easy to use wrench and because of its ergonomic design, it is very convenient to hold it during work.
- This is a user-friendly torque wrench so it is very easy to use this product.
- It works really fast in comparison to other products.
- This is an ideal tool for DIY enthusiasts and homeowners also like this tool for their working.
- It is easy to hold this wrench for extended time as it is an ergonomically designed product.
- It is very easy to read this ½ inch wrench.
- This wrench needs special care and maintenance.
ACDelco ARM601-4 1/2″ is a great tool and its torque ranges from 4 foot pounds to 99 foot pounds. LED flashlight or you can call it buzzer alarm that informs you when the targeted value of torque is achieved by this tool.
It is very convenient to read the measurements due to its LCD display and measurements are expressed in the form of 4 units like km-cm, in-lb, N-m, ft.-lb.
This digital torque wrench offers multiple setting functions like Peak and Trace, torque, measurement and the mode settings. The accuracy range of this tool is +-2% clockwise and +-3 CCW is its indicated value.
This is an ideal tool that provides not only professional but also the precise fastening services. The weight of this product is 4 pounds and the other dimensions of this wrench are 1.5*1.5*17 inches.
ACDelco ARM601-4 1/2″ utilizes a Lithium Ion battery that enhances the feature of durability of this tool. This is a perfect tool for car mechanics or car owners.
- This is quite light in weight and overall it is a durable product.
- It facilitates different functions that make it more useful.
- LED flash light helps to know about the targeted torque.
- It requires three AAA batteries for work.
- It is a bit expensive wrench.
CDI 1002CF3 is a simple digital torque wrench that represents torque value into four different figures or units and they are in.lbs, ft.lbs, kg.cm, and Nm. Once the torque is set, force is applied till the LED light turns into green and shows that the pre-set value has been achieved.
This is an ideal tool that can be easily utilized for aircraft, automotive, industrial and watercraft applications. The torque of this tool ranges from 10 to 100 foot-pounds.
CDI 1002CF3 features a sleek design and it offers a 15 degree flex ratcheting head that is just amazing for solving different fastening problems.
Its digital display is worth mentioning here because it is very easy to read its dial. In this digital wrench, Lithium-Ion batteries are used so these batteries provide a long life to this tool.
This is a very lightweight product as the weight of this product is 2 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 19.5*4.3*2.4 inches.
CDI 1002CF3 offers a rubberized grip so it is easy to hold this tool for a longer time.
- This is a light weight digital wrench that can easily become a part of a professional tool box.
- Torque value can be expressed into four different units.
- Rubberized grip helps to hold this tool tightly during work.
- It is a bit difficult to replace the batteries.
Different Types of Torque Wrench
Torque is known as a twisting force or a force that is applied by a person to loose or tighten the nuts and bolts. It is an essential part of every toolbox and a good torque wrench is always the first preference of every professional mechanic.
But it is very important to know the different types of torque wrench first before making an appropriate selection. There are four basic types of torque wrench,
This is the most common yet popular type of torque wrench that produces a reasonable noise or click when the pre-set value of torque is achieved. It is quite easy to use this wrench. Click type wrench is comparatively cheap too in comparison to the other models.
This type of wrench utilizes a beam that is attached to its head and there is a scale too beneath it near the handle. Reading of scale is quite similar to other weighing scales and its pointer indicates the amount of torque that is applied during work. This type of wrench offers simple design and it utilizes physics to provide precise readings.
This type of toque wrench provides more accurate readings and it is the first choice of those who want perfection in their work. This type of wrench utilizes batteries for work. In some digital wrenches, you can set multiple torque settings for your convenience.
These are simple yet very effective torque wrench and once the pre-set value of torque is achieved, you lose the grip to avoid excess torque. There is a tooth in its head that guides that at what torque, the slip grip point will activate.
The Complete Guide to the Best Torque Wrench
Everyone will agree with me that toque wrench is the most important component of every tool kit as we said before. That is why, it is necessary to consider some basic points while buying the best torque wrench for your toolbox. Here we will discuss some points that will truly help you in making a right choice.
This is the most important factor that should be kept in mind while buying a torque wrench. Accuracy means the measurements that a wrench gives during your work. So you must check the wrench from the accuracy point of view.
Certification definitely comes from accuracy. There are many models that offer certification so you can go for a wrench that possesses a certificate of accurate measurements.
There are plenty of cheap torque wrench models that are available in the market and definitely they are made of some plastic or other material rather than steel. So if your budget is high then select a wrench that is made of steel. Steel enhances the feature of durability and your investment will prove a long term investment.
You must consider the scale readability feature at the time of buying. Scale that is hard to read is not a good one. Wrench with the LED screen is definitely a right choice because it is easy to read the dial or torque setting.
Grip must be comfortable
Last but not the least is the grip. Before buying a wrench, hold it into your hand and check how comfortable its grip is? If it will be slippery or uncomfortable, you would not be able to perform your tasks perfectly.
In short, the best torque wrench for the money is one that caters your fastening needs perfectly without stripping the working surfaces and materials. Once an appropriate wrench is selected, it can solve all your fastening problems in no time.
- Features To Consider For Best Torque Wrench
- Best Torque Wrench Review
- 1. PRO BIKE TOOL 1/4 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench Set
- 2. TEKTON 1/2 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench (25-250 ft.-lb.) | 24340
- 3. eTORK Click-Style Torque Wrench (1/2-Inch Drive)
- 4. GEARWRENCH 1/2″ Drive Electronic Torque Wrench, 30-340 Nm – 85077
- 5. NEIKO PRO 03709B 1/2” Drive Adjustable Click Torque Wrench
- 6. TEKTON 1/2 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench (10-150 ft.-lb.) | 24335
- 7. Industrial Brand CDI Torque 2503MFRPH 1/2-Inch Torque Wrench
- 8. ACDelco ARM601-4 1/2″ Digital Torque Wrench with Buzzer
- 9. CDI 1002CF3 Drive Computorq 3 Electronic Torque Wrench, 3/8-Inch
- Different Types of Torque Wrench
- The Complete Guide to the Best Torque Wrench