Feature and Specifications Black and Decker Drill LDX120C
BLACK and DECKER LDX120C is a portable and compact drill machine. This drill cum driver comes without any power cords. It features a Lithium-ion based battery which is known for fast charging and durability. LDX120C is very sleek in size which makes it easy to carry and work.
Most importantly, it is a well-balanced tool making it ideal for drilling on to a variety of materials which includes plastic, metal and wood. This drill/driver can also be used for many screw driving tasks. In addition to it, this 20V Max drill/driver features a clutch with 11 position points which provides extreme control on the machine for drilling and screw driving. The tool also comes with a most promising feature which is the variable speed option. Variable speed option enables countersinking without damaging the material you are working on.
As the drill/driver is compact, it makes it easy for a user to reach confined spaces which are difficult to reach otherwise. Furthermore, as the tool is lightweight (weighs only 3.2 pounds); it reduces fatigue which user has to bear otherwise with heavy drill machines.
The product dimension is 10.6 x 3.7 x 8.5 inches. This 1500 watt drill/driver has a torque of 115in-lb. BLACK+DECKER LDX120C comes with a speed of 650 RPM. The measurement system incorporated in the tool is the Metric system.
Besides that, BLACK and DECKER Drill LDX120C kit comes with 20-Volt Max Lithium Drill/Driver, one Lcs20 charger, Lbx20 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Battery and one double ended bit. The average life of the battery is one hour. LED work light is another prominent feature of this drill/driver.
- First of all, this drill cum driver is very lightweight which makes it absolutely easy to hold and work for a longer period of time.
- Besides that, the battery employed in BLACK+DECKER LDX120C drill/driver is made of lithium-ion. Lithium-ion based batteries charge at higher speed and even with overcharging; they do not get damaged.
- As the drill uses battery so there is no need of socket to plug in. This cordless tool makes the job easy as no wires will be hanging along.
- Moreover, the drill driver comes with a built-in LED work light that helps illuminate dark places to work comfortably.
- The handle of this portable drill is very user-friendly. It is made of rubber which does not slip and helps control the machine with balanced pressure.
- The chuck is keyless and it can be adjusted on 11 different positions which make various applications easy.
- As the drill is very compact in size so it makes it easy to reach otherwise difficult areas.
- Another important pro of this machine is that it can be used for drilling on a variety of surfaces including plastic, metal and wood.
- Moreover, BLACK+DECKER LDX120C provides variable speed options that user can adjust according to their requirement of the task. In addition to it, the speed is adjustable if you just put adequate pressure on the trigger button.
- Although BLACK+DECKER LDX120C is a very compact and lightweight machine but as it does not come with any casing so it cannot provide any protective storage for the machine after use.
- There is only one battery provided with the LDX120C kit.
- Another con of this machine is that it is not suitable for heavy duty task. The machine is very feather-like; therefore it cannot sustain pressure of heavy duty drilling.
Buying a drill machine according to your requirements for tasks at hand is an important decision. It is of great importance to first know that what type of drill machines is available in the market. Likewise, how many different functions a drill machine can offer so that a better decision can be made before making a purchase.
There are four types of drill machines which include
- Drill Drivers or dual functional drills
- Combination Drills or triple functional drills
- Self Direct System Drills
- Percussion Drills
Weight and Size
- Small ergonomic drills
- Heavy drills
Cordless and corded drill machines: Cordless drill machines come with battery and charger whereas corded machines need continuous power to work.
Additional features to look for in a drill: Chuck: ¼ inch chuck is good for light duty tasks whereas ½ inch chuck is better for heavy materials.
RPM : It is known as Revolutions per Minute. The higher the RPM, the better would be its efficiency.
Gear : If a drill machine has more than one gear, it helps getting job done at a faster speed. A multifunctional drill should have more gears. One gear works well for tasks at low speed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Does BLACK+DECKER LDX120C come with an extra battery?
No, this drill cum driver comes with only one battery. No extra batteries.
- Is it okay to leave it on charge overnight?
Yes, you can leave the battery to charge overnight. The battery incorporated in LDX120C is Lithium-ion based which is not damaged by extra charging.
- Does this come with the case?
No, the machine does not have a case for storage.
- What is included in the BLACK+DECKER LDX120C kit?
The BLACK+DECKER LDX120C kit includes drill driver, a charger, battery and a double ended bit.
- What is the size of chuck?
The chuck is 3/8″ in size.
BLACK+DECKER LDX120C is a very compact drill/driver which is most suitable for DIYers. Most importantly, it provides varied speed options which help to complete tasks in a better way. The machine due to its size can fit into awkward and small angles providing precision and accuracy. This machine can work on many surfaces which make it very suitable for many home repair tasks.
However, having no casing even for this compact drill machine is a big disadvantage as no proper storage is available after use. Moreover, this is not suitable for heavy tasks as it cannot sustain pressures.