Electrical drills are amazing tools that do not only perform multiple tasks efficiently but also effectively. In market two types of electrical drills are offered to the users according to their power source and these are corded and cordless/battery powered drills. Handy men, contractors and home owners use both type of drills for completing their projects.
Both of the drills provide amazing results but when we talk about power vs. convenience, they start to differ from each other. Corded drills offer more power as compared to the cordless ones but cordless drills are more convenient for working as they work with the help of battery.
Corded vs Cordless Drill? Let Us Try To Find Its Answer
- Power: Corded drills are definitely better than the cordless ones because they offer great power. Corded drills provide great consistency in torque. Although there are some cordless models available in the market that compete with the corded drills in power but still corded drills are better in driving and drilling. Corded drills apply a constant torque due to the constant flow of electricity so users do not experience any delay or interruption in their working.
- Convenience: There is no doubt about the convenience of cordless drills. They are highly portable products so they can be carried anywhere without a problem. As they are battery powered products so once the battery is charged fully, you can use them easily for any outdoor working.They are also an ideal product for confined place where it is hard to find a socket like tunnels, tight spaces etc. On the other hand, corded drills are less portable as they need to be plugged in for performing any drilling task. So you can say that on the basis of convenience, cordless drills are better than the corded ones.
- Durability: As we know that corded drills do not have a battery. They have a cord that needs to be plugged in a socket for working. So corded drills are more durable products as compared to the cordless ones. Battery of cordless drill gets old with the passage of time and its efficiency also gets affected due to the wear and tear. And users need to change the battery after some years. So we can say that corded drills are more durable than the cordless ones and their efficiency remains the same over the years.
- Light in weight: Corded drills are generally light in weight because they do not have an inside battery. Users can use it for longer time without any fatigue. On the contrary, cordless drills work with the help of batteries. Due to battery, the weight of cordless drill is more than the corded ones. So it is not only difficult to store these drills but also users feel fatigue during work due to their more weight.
- Consistent torque: Corded drills provide more consistent torque in comparison to the corded ones. Once you have plugged in the cord then you can carry on your work without any interruption and amount of torque also remains consistent whereas cordless drills offer limited run time so amount of torque also gets low when the battery is low.
- Multiple uses of battery: This is another point that also makes a difference between these two products. As we all know that cordless drills are a power packed product but there are many people who do not know that these batteries can be used for more than a single purpose. Battery of a cordless drill can be used for powering your circular saw and impact driver. This use makes the cordless drills more useful and it is quite economical to use a single battery for powering different products whereas in corded drills there is no battery. So here cordless drills have an edge over corded drills.
Now we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of these two to have a clear view that whether corded drill is better than the cordless or not.
- It offers more torque as compared to cordless drill.
- It maximizes your productivity and reduces the down time.
- It is light in weight so it is easy to store.
- It is always ready for use.
- It is cheaper as compared to cordless drill.
- You can continue your work till the job is done.
- It is a durable product.
- It needs socket to plug in.
- It is not an ideal product for outdoor use.
- Level of portability is very low.
- It cannot be used in narrowed areas for drilling.
- These are highly portable products.
- They are compact in size.
- Storage friendly.
- Ideal product for outdoor drilling activities.
- They are less powerful as compared to corded drills.
- Battery needs replacement after some years.
- Torque affects due to low battery.
- It is expensive.
- Offers less run time and needs charging after some time.
In short, cordless power drills are convenient to use as they are battery powered product and they are compact in size. It is also easy to use cordless drills in the outside areas as there is no need to plug in these drills.
A power drill with double lithium Ion batteries is quite suitable for outdoor drilling activities as it provides more run time. On the other hand, there are corded drills that need to be plugged in for use but the most prominent advantage of these drills is that they offer unlimited run time.
You can carry your drill until the job is done. They are light in weight and the drilling power is amazing. So you can say that corded drills are much better than the cordless ones in terms of efficiency, power and durability and you can never go wrong with a corded drill.