Features of the DEWALT DC970K-2
DEWALT DC970K-2 has been manufactured to deliver optimal performance. It has double speed range with 0-450/0-1,500 RPM. It has been built in a way to reduce user fatigue and provide a hustle free drilling experience.
The product’s dimension is 14.8 x 13.5 x 4.7 inches. Two 18 Volts of Ni-Cad batteries
with 1.2 ampere-hours provides enough charging for continuous drilling. It has features a DC970 Drill/Driver Charger. It also features ½ (half) inch key-less single sleeve ratcheting chuck to provide tighter bit grip. It provides better precious and accuracy.
The design of DEWALT DC970K-2 is very lightweight to avoid fatigue and give better drilling experience, as it only weighs 4.7 lbs. It also features a top performance motor which delivers the maximum power of 380 unit watts. A soft contractor bag helps to transport drill driver from one site to another.
DEWALT’s DC970K-2, an 18-volt drill driver kit comes in a small package with a big punch. A double-ended screwdriver bit also comes with the box. An excellent powerful and high-performance motor has been placed inside the compact design of the drill to provide ultimate performance. Its compact design especially helps during long working hours to hold due to lesser weight and works efficiently in tighter spaces. DEWALT’s DC970K-2 is compatible with both DIYers and professional contractors.
This drill driver is very useful for drilling on a range of materials which include metal, wood and plastic. It provides excellent help with the application of cabinet installations and framings.
DEWALT’s DC970K-2 is a cordless drill driver which reduces user fatigue of adjusting cords and finding sockets. It has the only 9-inch length which makes it highly suitable for awkward angles. Dewalt dc970 and Dewalt dc970k-2 their name is closer but there feature is different.
- Most of the features of DEWALT’s DC970K-2 work as a pro for this tool. It has been designed in a very compact manner with a very lightweight which makes it one of the few best drill-drivers. The drilling machine is made of high-quality plastic which makes it sturdy yet very lightweight. It is easy to carry around, and you can work for more extended hours. It is ideal for both expert and amateurs.
- Another positive feature of this drill is that it can be used for multi-functions and on a variety of surfaces. It is best to use for woodwork, cabinet installation, and framing.
- What makes it one of the best drill drivers is that it has a high powered motor and two batteries, despite its very light and compact design. 18-volt NI-CAD battery usually is known for its quick charging and durability. This is why you won’t have to sit around and wait to charge. While one battery is charging, you can start work with another one.
- The DEWALT’s DC970K-2 features a two drill speed and a user can choose the desired speed according to the nature of work. Lower speed features enhance higher handling ability of the machine while high speed helps in quickly finishing a task.
- This drill driver can fit into small spaces, therefore helping driller to work in awkward angles and otherwise difficult to reach spots.
- The grip and comfort of this tool are fantastic which make work less stressful and help you have good control of the drilling process.
- The main disadvantage of DEWALT’s DC970K-2 is that it does not come with a hard case. Although the machine is lightweight and easily transportable but the soft bag does not seem to provide protection to the drill driver. The hard case packaging can provide more support and safety.
- This kit is not very suitable for heavy-duty drilling. Its design is compact and weighs less, making it less suitable for heavy drillings. It is not recommended to use it for commercial purposes.
Why Should You Buy This Product?
Before making a decision about which drill model should you buy, it is important to know different varieties of drill machines based on their functions.
Types of drills
There are four main types of drills which include
- Drill Drivers
- Combination drills
- Rotary Hammer Drills/SDS Drills
- Hammer Drills/Percussion Drills
Corded and cordless drills
Corded drills need continuous charging with wires hanging along while cordless drills come with batteries which need charging after regular use. Size and weight of drill machines are also of great importance while making a decision about buying a drill. If you are buying for household and regular use, lightweight and compact drills are great. But if you intend to do some heavy duty job, you should choose heavy and big drills to sustain pressure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is the battery charger of DEWALT’s DC970K-2 operates on dual voltage?
Ans: No, the battery charger of DEWALT’s DC970K-2 does not support dual voltage. It operates only on 110 volts.
- What does the package of DEWALT’s DC970K-2 include?
Ans: The package includes a drill, charger and two batteries.
- Does the DEWALT’s DC970K-2 drill come with a hard case for safely carrying around?
Ans: No, the drill comes with a soft bag.
- Which type of battery has been used in the machine?
Ans: Two 18 volts Ni-Cad batteries have been incorporated in the package of DEWALT’s DC970K-2.
- What is the size of the chuck?
Ans: Its size is ½ inch.
- Is the battery Lithium-ion based?
Ans: No, the battery is Ni-Cad (nickel-cadmium) based.
DEWALT’s DC970K-2 is a very compact and lightweight drill machine which can help you with daily fixing and drilling task. This cordless drill with two extra batteries reduces worry to charge instantly. When compared to its size, the motor used in the drill is very powerful which helps with home repairs and small and medium scale installations. But a cordless drill machine is never as powerful as the one with wires. The extra battery makes you less worried about charging and you can work without intervention. It is not recommended to use it for commercial purposes.