Choosing a right dry cut metal chop saw is an uphill task as you need an excellent saw for this purpose for the sake of precision in your work. In the market a lot of saws are available but here we will discuss some best dry cut metal chop saw for the knowledge of our readers.
7 Best Dry Cut Metal Chop Saw Review
DEWALT Chop Saw Old Model (D28715) is a quick change 14 inch chop saw that has been designed to provide excellent performance. This product comes with a 15 amp powerful motor that provides great speed for working. Its blade changing system is quite good as it is really simple and it saves your times and energy too. Wheels can be changed without the need of any wrench.
This is a good product that allows you to have precise and accurate angle cuts with the adjustment of its fence. You can adjust its fence up to 14 degrees. Clamping is also so easy with the help of its quick lock vise feature. The weight of this chop saw is 44. 9 pounds and the other dimensions of this tool are 24*15*16.5 inches. On the whole, this is a good chop saw if you want to perform medium to heavy duty tasks.
- Feature of quick blade change is very promising as it does not involve the use of any wrench.
- This is an easy to hold product as it possesses an ergonomically designed handle that protects you from discomfort.
- This product comes with a very powerful motor and delivers excellent service.
- This chop saw offers great cutting capacity to its users.
- It is a bit hard to cut at 45 degrees angle with this chop saw.
This is a heavy duty chop saw that is an ideal tool for cutting metals. This product features a 15 amp powerful motor that delivers excellent performance and makes you amaze with its service. This is a highly portable chop saw as it is quite light in weight.
The weight of this chop saw is 50.9 pounds and the other dimensions are 20.8*12.2*16.2 inches. There is a chip deflector that allows the easy removal of chips away from the operator, thus it diminishes the cleaning time of this saw.
This product offers a blade that is made of tungsten carbide. So this blade represents the newest dry cutting technology and performs really very well. The good this about this blade is that it greatly helps to avoid sparks. This chop saw makes angle cutting just a breeze for you. Smooth cuts provide great finish to your work.
- Such a light weight chop saw that is easy to carry everywhere.
- Provides instant workable finish to your work.
- This is a heavy duty chop saw that is an ideal product for the toughest industrial works.
- It is easy to remove chips for cleaning and thus users can save their time easily.
- This is a pricey product.
Among the well known products of DEWALT, DEWALT Metal Cutting Saw, 14-Inch (DW872) also marks a good place in market. This is an efficient product that comes with multiple cutters and it allows you the cutting of multiple materials like non-ferrous or ferrous metals without any trouble.
It also features carbide tipped blade that serves you over the years without any decay in the quality of its working. Another good thing about this 14 inch chop saw is that it cuts four times quicker or faster in comparison to the other saws and it is eight times quicker in comparison to the other band saws and this feature is really worth praising.
The weight of this chop saw is 55 pounds and the other dimensions of this saw are 24*15.25*18.5 inches. This is an ergonomically designed chop saw that does not put any stress on your wrists and prevents you from fatigue during work.
- A great product with multiple cutters that make your working a lot easier for you.
- It can cut ferrous or non ferrous metals without any problem.
- This is a perfectly build product that helps to save your time and energy.
- It is quite easy to hold this saw.
- Some users complain about its fence.
This is another good addition in the industry. This amazing tool features a 15 amp powerful motor that works @120 volts. This tool has a potential to cut four times faster in conduit, angle iron, tubing, light pipes and channels in comparison to the other abrasive cutting saws.
This tool offers a faster or instant release support fence that gets adjusted from 0 to 45 degrees for the sake of miter cutting. This is an ergonomically designed metal cutting saw that comes with a D shaped handle. This shape facilitates an easy gripping and it enhances the control of users over this tool. The weight of this saw is 42.5 pounds.
The other dimensions of this tool are 13.78*22.56*17.32 inches. Its carbide tipped blade is fast enough to make cutting experience a breeze for you. Its lock off button is very handy as it helps to avoid accidental starts. Overall this is a good saw.
- This is a powerful and faster cutting saw that cuts four times faster.
- This product offers smart features in comparison to the other saws of its range.
- This is a high quality product with the innovative features.
- The tray of this tool does not collect the dust articles properly.
PORTER-CABLE Chop Saw(PCE700)also comes with a 15 amp motor that works at the speed of 38000 RPM. The good thing about its motor is that it allows the replacement of brushes.
When you feel a change in performance, you can change brush for the improvement of the performance. So the feature of durability remains really high in case of this saw. This high performing saw comes with a faster release material clamp. This feature has been introduced to provide quick cutting facility into the different materials. You can adjust its cutting fence up to 45 degrees angle with the help of miter adjustment.
The weight of this saw is 32 pounds that shows how light it is. The other dimensions of this tool are 22.69*14*17.06 inches. For the sake of safety, spark deflector has been introduced in this product that provides you a clear view of your working area.
- This is a really powerful saw that makes your cutting experience very good.
- Feature of brush replacement is worth mentioning here.
- At a reasonable price, this tool offers great feature.
- This is a highly durable product as it is made of very fine material.
- Some users complain that this tool has a small handle so it is a bit difficult to hold its handle properly.
Evolution Power Tools RAGE4 is another well known dry metal cutting saw that is quite light in weight. Its weight is just 19 pounds that shows how light it is and how easy it is to carry this saw everywhere.
There is no coolant required for this saw and it does not produce any spark too. People who have used this saw, they claim that it is really easy to use even it is more user friendly than a hacksaw. Evolution Power Tools RAGE4 is really compact in size so the feature of portability remains high. The dimensions of this tool are 19*7.75*14.75 inches. High quality construction enhances the feature of durability of this tool.Another good thing is that it does not get heat up even when you cut the steel with this tool.
- This is quite light in weight so the feature of portability is really high.
- Does not get heat up during work.
- Light in weight so prevents its user from fatigue during work.
- Easily cut through the different materials like steel, wood, aluminum etc.
- This is an ideal tool for professionals who want their working smooth and trouble free.
- This tool has an ability to cope up with high working demands.
- Overall this is a good product that has no visible con that could be mentioned here.
Proxxon 37160 KGS 80 MICRO Chop Saw has been designed for the safe and clean miter cuts in to the non ferrous metals, wood and plastic. For miter cuts, this tool is considered as an ideal product.
The good thing about this tool is that the head of saw does not swivel. In actual, the table with the clamped down piece of work is twisted or turned. The saw head that moves later, it helps to avoid the collision of saw blade with the jaws.
Proxxon 37160 KGS 80 MICRO Chop saw is a well built product with the normal weight. This compact size saw weighs only 13.2 pounds that show how light it is. The other dimensions of this tool are 16*16*14 inches. It works at 4000 RPM and it takes 120 V for working. It has ability to produce 45 degree miter cuts in both of the directions without any trouble.
- Such a light weight saw that offers the high feature of portability.
- Feature of miter cutting in both the direction is really worth mentioning here.
- There are the positive stops at the interval of every 15 degrees.
- Carbide tipped blade is really good for cutting.
- Some users complain about the power of this product.
Features To Consider For Best Dry Cut Metal Chop Saw
Accuracy and safety measures are the two main factors that everyone should consider before buying the best dry cut metal chop . As far as, metal cutting jobs projects are concerned, somehow, it becomes difficult to get the appropriate tool. So it is very important to understand which tool suits well to your job and how it can deliver your desired results. Here, we will discuss some important points that will help you to resolve this issue.
The most important feature that cannot be ignored is its torque capacity. Commonly, they offer a huge amount of torque which assists in enhancing the quality of cuts particularly when you are going to cut steel, aluminum and other metals. This tool is the most suitable option for such projects.
Durability is another important feature that you should definitely look for in the best dry cut metal chop saw. It is composed of high quality base that makes it durable and you can use it for ages. In terms of maintenance, you do not need to spend money on it time and again. Minimal repairs are enough to make better use of it.
If you are concerned about its blade, let me tell you one thing, it can make 1000 cuts, later on, you may replace them accordingly. This feature makes it budget friendly as you can use it for multiple cutting applications and you do not need to buy variety of tools for this purpose. As far as, blade’s material is concerned, some of them are engineered with bevel and miter, which makes it good enough for wood or metal cutting.
Another question that comes to your mind is what should be the technicalities of its motor in a good metal chop saw? If you have to cut tubes on regular basis, in that case chop saws that feature 4hp and 15 amp motor are considered best and provide full efficiency. It is highly recommended to try to buy a chop saw that has a solid motor but with low speed.
The reason is that it will not result in spark. Most of the metal chops possess spark deflectors. Its main purpose is to avert sparks from encircling materials and people so if you are looking for metal chop saw, do consider this important feature while making a purchase.
Next, you need to think about its fence. As far as, its function is concerned, it is specifically designed to provide an accurate cutting edge between the plane of the stretched work piece edge and the plane of the blade. Otherwise, you would not be able to make great cuts.
Security is the major highlighting feature of a good metal chop. It must come with a blade watch or an eye security plate. A tight clamp is something that is additional but it is mandatory for a super metal chop to give it a secure look. Some chop saws offer a snappy lock. Do not forget to think about this feature before finalizing your decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a chop saw be used for metal
A chop saw is a type of saw that is used to make cuts in wood. However, a chop saw can also be used to make cuts in metal. This is because the teeth on a chop saw are very sharp.
Can you cut steel with a chop saw
When it comes to using a chop saw, most people think of it as a tool for cutting wood. However, there are other materials that can be cut with a chop saw, such as steel. If you have access to a chop saw and are able to properly use it, you can cut steel with it. This is because the teeth on a chop saw are specifically designed for cutting metal. In fact, if you’re careful when using the tool and follow the instructions that come with it, you can even make cuts that are straight and true.
Can you use a wood saw on metal
Yes, you can use a wood saw on metal if you are careful and follow the instructions that come with the tool. However, because the teeth on a wood saw are not specifically designed for cutting metal, the results may not be as accurate or straight as they would be with a chop saw.
Can I cut metal with wood blade
No, you cannot cut metal with a wood blade. When using a chop saw to cut metal, it is important to use the correct blade for the task at hand. A blades for metalcutting should have a sharp edge and be made from high-quality steel.
Steel is one of the toughest metals available in market and there is definitely no easy way for its cutting. But if you invest good money in some of the best dry cut metal chop saw, you can cut this metal with all the ease in the world.
There are a wide range of metal chop saws available in market, make sure that you buy the one which fulfills all your steel cutting needs and matches your budget and can make as many cuts as possible with one time purchase.
- 7 Best Dry Cut Metal Chop Saw Review
- 1. DEWALT Chop Saw, Quick-Change, 14-Inch, Old Model (D28715)
- 2. Evolution S355CPSL – Heavy Duty 14 Inch Metal Cutting Chop Saw
- 3. DEWALT Metal Cutting Saw, 14-Inch (DW872)
- 4. Makita LC1230 12″ Metal Cutting Saw
- 5. PORTER-CABLE Chop Saw, 15-Amp, 14-Inch (PCE700)
- 6. Evolution Power Tools RAGE4 7-1/4-Inch TCT Multipurpose
- 7. Proxxon 37160 KGS 80 MICRO Chop Saw
- Features To Consider For Best Dry Cut Metal Chop Saw
- Frequently Asked Questions