- What Are The Limitations of a Cordless Drill
- Best Cordless Drill Under $50 Reviews
- What Are The Key Characteristics of a Cordless Drill
- Best Cordless Drill Under $50 Buying Guide
In past few decades, drilling industry has been greatly revolutionized and manufacturers have bombarded the markets with a huge variety of tools. In the modern times, cordless drills have greatly replaced the corded d ones because they are highly light in weight and the feature of portability is also very high.
When we look into the market, we come to know that there are plenty of budget friendly cordless drills like there are so many best cordless drill under 50 that can help you to accomplish your tasks perfectly. So you just need a wise selection and other things will become easy itself.
What Are The Limitations of a Cordless Drill
Cordless drills are considered one of the most efficient tools for do – it yourself tasks. They are good enough for variety of applications and circumstances. There is no doubt, cordless drills are really convenient but at the same time few limitations are associated with them. Now, the first question that comes to your mind is what are the drawbacks? So, let us discuss about some of the limitations that can mar its performance.
Although, they are power tools but few pitfalls are also linked with this product. As far as, its battery is concerned, it is large and heavy and is usually fixed to the handle. Somehow, this may not be the most positive feature depending on your job type. Its huge size becomes problematic while fitting into narrow spaces. In that case, you require a corded drill to finish your task with accuracy.
The main consequence of having a large battery is that, the drill becomes bulky and heavier. If you have to spend a whole day working with drill, obviously, your arms will be strained and you will be tired within few hours.
Another downside of having a cordless drill is that generally, it is rechargeable so when its charging is over, you have to wait for power, so in that situation, another battery is mandatory. Therefore, you will have to spend some extra pennies to continue your work and more expenses will be added to this tool.
Best Cordless Drill Under $50 Reviews
Here we are going to review the best cordless drills under $50 to enhance the knowledge of our readers.
BLACK+DECKER BDCDMT120C is a very handy product that comes with a powerful 20 V motor and it can be used for multiple attachments and applications without any trouble. This is compact in size so it is quite easy to carry out the drilling tasks in the narrow or tight spaces.
This is a very light weight product so it prevents its user from fatigue during work. The weight of this product is just 0.16 ounces and the other dimensions of this product are 11.1*3.1*8.8 inches.
BLACK+DECKER BDCDMT120C is a battery powered product and use of Lithium Ion battery in this product enhances the working of this drill to a great extent. Its feature of variable speed trigger is amazing as users can adjust the speed of this drill according to their working requirements.
- This is a light weight product that is very compact in size.
- Variable speed trigger facilitates the working of users.
- Users feel no fatigue during work as it is very light in weight.
- It has a powerful motor so it can be used for a variety of applications.
- This product lacks battery low indicator.
- There is no built in LED light so it is not possible to work in darkness.
Avid Power 20V MAX is a battery powered product that comes with a 1.5Ah Lithium Ion battery. The most amazing feature of this battery power pack is that it offers the USB output that makes it compatible for the charging of your phones. There is an indicator too that helps users to keep an eye on the level of charging of this drill.
This battery powered product is very light in weight and its compact design makes it more useful for the users. The weight of this cordless drill is 2.2 pounds whereas the other dimensions of this product are 8.7*3.1*9.7 inches.
Avid Power 20V MAX comes with a 15 plus 1 torque setting so it enhances the control of user over this product and it becomes easy to drill into different type of materials like ceramic, metal, dry walls, wood etc. The maximum torque of drilling of this product into steel plate is 3/8 inches whereas in wood it is 13/16 inches. This product comes with multiple accessories that greatly help to facilitate the working of users.
- This is a light weight product that prevents its users from fatigue during work.
- Ergonomic design provides comfortable grip over this product.
- Feature of USB port is amazing.
- Multiple accessories are provided with this drill so users have no need to buy them separately.
- It offers a bit thick handle.
Genesis GCD18BK is an 18V cordless driver/drill that comes with 3/8 inch keyless chuck. This is a versatile product that offers 16 position clutch settings and users can easily utilize this drill for multiple reasons.
In Genesis GCD18BK, there is a built in LED work light that allows you to continue your work even in the darkness. There is a magnetic tray that can hold screws and bits and its rubberized non slip grip provides the greater control of user over this product. Its variable speed trigger 0 to 550 RPM makes this product handy for the users.
The weight of this product is 4 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 12*11*4 inches. This is an ideal tool for household tasks.
- This is a battery powered product so it is easy to carry this drill from one place to another.
- Feature of electrical brake is worth praising.
- Built in LED light helps to focus on the targeted area and you can even continue your work in dim lights.
- 16 position clutch settings enhance the working of this product.
- Battery is provided with this product so users have no need to buy them separately.
- This product is bit heavy in comparison to the other drills so it is difficult to carry it with one hand.
Ryobi P208 One+ is an 18V Lithium Ion drill that requires no chuck keys for replacing the bits. Bit is placed into the chuck then grip it and you can activate your drill to lock. This is an amazing drill that provides 24 clutch positions with the two speed gearbox. So it can be easily used for a plenty of applications. This is an ideal drill for construction sites indeed.
Ryobi P208 One+ comes with a MAGTRAY so it is easy to store extra screws and bits at a time when you are on the ladder or when you want these additional bits but your hands are not free. Feature of rubberized grip is worth mentioning here as it provides a great control over this product.
The weight of Ryobi P208 One+ is 3 pounds so it becomes easy to carry this product anywhere. The other dimensions of this product are 12*3*9 inches.
- A highly transferable product that can be carried everywhere.
- Built in LED lights help to focus on targeted areas even in the darkness.
- It is easy to handle this drill due to its rubberized grip.
- Variable speed gearbox helps to adjust speed according to the working requirements of users.
- It battery requires long time for charging.
- Charger and battery are not provided with the drill.
BLACK+DECKER BDCD8C is a cordless drill that comes with an 8V integrated battery. Jack charger is provided with this product that provides the fast charging facility to its users. This is an ergonomically designed product as it possesses a mid-handle that helps to control and balance this product fully during work.
BLACK+DECKER BDCD8C comes with a 3/8 inch keyless chuck so it becomes quite easy to change the bits in less time. This is an ideal product for all the DIY projects.
This is a very light weight product as the weight of this drill is just 1.3 pounds so you can hold it for longer time without any trouble. The other dimensions of this product are 6.9*2.2*7.7 inches. The integrated battery of this drill also offers the micro USB charger so you can use it for charging some other domestic or household items.
- This is a very light weight product so you can carry it to anywhere without any trouble.
- It is easy to hold this drill for extended time due to its low weight.
- Double-ended bit is also provided with this product.
- Micro USB charger allows the charging of some other household products.
- This is known as an ideal product for all DIY projects.
- There is no such con of this drill.
Craftsman Nextec 12-volt is a cordless drill/driver that delivers 195 inch-lbs of torque. This is a powerful product that can be easily used for driving screws into different type of materials like wood, plastic and metal. This product comes with a 2 speed gear box so users can adjust the speed from Hi (0-1300) to low (0-400) according to the nature of their working project.
This is a battery powered product that offers 18 position torque clutch settings so it greatly facilitates the users when they are working with the screws of different sizes. This product comes with a built in LED light that helps to illuminate the working area and you can easily concentrate on your target.
The weight of Craftsman Nextec 12-volt is 1.1 pounds that is quite less in comparison to other models. The other dimensions of this product are 8*2*6 inches.
- It is very light in weight so it is a highly portable product.
- Due to its 18 position clutch settings, it can be utilized for multiple applications.
- This is a user friendly product.
- Ergonomically designed handle helps to hold this product properly during work.
- Feature of speed adjustment is great.
- Users feel no fatigue during work because it is very light in weight.
- There is no such con of this product that makes a difference.
TACKLIFE 12V PCD01B has a unique design and rubber handle. It is quite beneficial while working with metal, wood and other activities related to drilling. This cordless drill offers two modes: drilling and screw driving. As far as this drill is concerned, it is different from other tools in terms of speed; it features two variable speed mediums from low to high. Its speed can be adjusted from (0 – 350 RPM) for screw driver.
On the other hand, it can be increased (0 – 1300 RPM) for drilling tasks. Lithium ion batteries are required to run this drill. Its 1Hour fast charger makes it convenient for fastening tasks. It can make 150 holes (50mm softwood) 30 holes (5mm steel) which can be handled easily with one fully charged drill. It consumes 12 volts. Its dimensions are 7.5 x 7.1 x 1.8 inches.
It is a lightweight and compact product with just 4. 15 pounds and you can easily carry it to anywhere. Built in LED lights is another additional point which provides visibility in dark areas. It also includes an indicator light that shows battery capacity. As compared to other drills, it has a big torque 239 in Ib.
- This drill comes with a proper package and variety of tools are part of this amazing drill for example a charger pack, a user manual , an extension bit holder and drive shaft etc.
- Its charger does not work very fast and few hours are required to turn its light green.
It is particularly designed for metal and wood drilling; moreover, it is also helpful for screw driving. Its dimensions are 11 x 9.1 x 3.4 inches. Its weight is 4.32 pounds. 1 Lithium Ion battery is required to run this drill. 4. 81 watts are utilized by this drill to give appropriate performance. It consumes 20 volts.
It comes with a hard BMC travel case and you can easily carry this cordless drill to anywhere without any hassle. Furthermore, it offers two – speed settings and speed can be fixed accordingly from low to high. It gives no load speed limits (0 – 350) and (0 – 1350 rpm) and permits consumers to execute a multitude of fastening and screw driving applications.
It has LED lights which enable consumers to work at dim light areas without any hindrance and work can be continued for long hours. And the most amazing thing is it has an LED power indicator too, which is quite beneficial to know the level of battery charge left before hand.
It provides Max 20 V lithium ION battery and one hour quick charger is another plus point that gives better power with free self discharge, quality run time and less time waiting idle for charging.
- Its ergonomic design makes it comfortable and user-friendly.
- Users do not feel tired and exhausted because of its soft handle and grip.
- It is not good for heavy-duty tasks like commercial construction.
What Are The Key Characteristics of a Cordless Drill
The first question that comes to your mind is why you should spend your money on cordless drills and why cordless drill is getting more popular in comparison to corded drills? So let us talk about some benefits of cordless drill which make it ultimate need of the hour. Firstly, it includes two tools in one package a screwdriver and a drill.
Since no cords are required to run this drill, it can be easily carried to anywhere. With the passage of time, a gradual progress has been seen in cordless drills, they have become more advanced, powerful and compact. Moreover, its price is quite affordable and its versatility makes it useful for everyone whether it is used by a professional or a common man.
Thanks to improved technology, previously (NiCad) batteries were used in cordless drills and recharging was the main issue. In recent times, (NiCad) batteries are replaced by Lithium Ion batteries. They have more capacity and more potent than the older ones.
If you are using a drill as a screw driver, the drill requires carrying variable speed limit, reverse drive and torque control. Low speed is mandatory if drill is being used as a screw driver, so variable speed is a must have option. Torque control shuts down the drill when a specific turning force is accomplished. The reverse drive helps to remove screws.
As compared to corded drills, cordless drills feature enhanced voltage batteries and more proficient gear systems. It means that they can supply greater levels of torque at fast speed. Moreover, cordless drills can provide around 50 Nm of torque, that’s means a lot of power in comparison to other drills. And its end results are amazing; a cordless drill will permit you to drive bigger screws into tougher materials.
Best Cordless Drill Under $50 Buying Guide
In market, plenty of best cordless drill under 50 are available and a customer feels lost sometimes but there is no need to be panic. Here are some important points that you need to consider while buying a cordless drill. These are as follow:
- Size and weight: Size and weight of a cordless drill matter a lot at the time of buying. This is so because you often need to hold the drills for longer time and if it would be heavy then you may experience cramps in your hand. This thing will definitely affect your working. So always prefer a light weight cordless drill that is compact in size.
- Ergonomic grip: A cordless drill with an ergonomic grip is definitely a right choice. Handle that is hard or that makes your hands slip off the drill is never recommended. Drilling is a delicate task so you should always check the grip of handle before buying.
- Variable speed setting: Generally cordless drills come with two variable speed settings and that is fine. But there are some drills that offer more than two speed settings. So you can go for them too because they are more versatile drills and greatly help to facilitate your multi drilling tasks.
- Chuck size: Feature of chuck size is also very important and it really needs your consideration at the time of buying. Normally cordless drills support 1/2 inch chuck but there are many drills that have been designed to support 3/8 inch chuck. So if you need a drill for a tough task then you must prefer a cordless drill with 3/8 chuck size as chuck size shows the power of a drill.
In short, there are plenty of best cordless drill under 50 that can perfectly help you to solve your drilling issues. These battery powered products are easy to carry and it also becomes easy to access confined spaces with these drills as they are generally compact in size.
Visit Other Reviews