- Features to consider in drill bits for drill press
- Best Drill Bits For Drill Press Review
- The Complete Guide to the best drill bits for drill press
When we talk about drilling, we are actually talking about making holes and a hole is perfect when the bits are of accurate size and good quality.
In market, variety of bit sets are available and the number of pieces that each set contains are also different so you have to carefully determine that what size of diameter of a hole you are in need of than you can select an appropriate bit size.
A good drill bit set does not only ease your work but also it saves your time and energy. High quality bits make your investment really long lasting and they give a really nice look or finish to your work whether it is a hard material or the soft one.
Here we will talk about some the best drill bits for drill press that are actually quite famous among users for their excellent results. These reviews will definitely enhance your knowledge regarding the different drill bits and you will learn a lot from these reviews.
Features to consider in drill bits for drill press
Drill bits come in different sizes and as we all know that different drill bits are for different jobs. Here we will discuss the features of the best drill bits for drill press that should be considered before selecting the appropriate one.
Material of bits
The first feature that you should consider is the material of the drill bits. Drill bits for the drill press come in different materials. Some are for soft surfaces and some are for hard.
Drill bits that are made of high carbon steel are usually inexpensive but they can be used for a limited time as they lose their edge very soon. They need to be sharpening time and again.
On the other hand, there are High Speed steel drill bits that are generally recommended because they cope with the high temperature easily.
Feature of coating is also very important. Drill bits that offer black oxide coating; they are really good as they provide protection against corrosion. They are also heat resistant and make the investment long lasting.
There are drill bits that come with the Titanium Nitride coating too. These are also good for drill press as this coating keeps the edge of the bits still sharp for a longer period.
Drill bit angle
Angle matters a lot while choosing the best drill bits for drill press. Drill bits come with 2 angles. One is 118 degrees and the other one is 135 degrees. 118 degree drill bit point is considered the most aggressive one.
It has been designed to work with the softer materials. 135 degree angle is called the less aggressive angle and it is mainly designed for hard materials.
Both type of angles work best with the drill press so it depends upon the nature of the work that you have to accomplished with drill press.
Diverse drill bits
Diversity is a feature that needs your attention. While working with the drill press, you need to work with the multiple drill bits. And these bits would be of different sizes to facilitate your work.
So a drill bit set that holds multiple size bits for drill press is ideal one. You can easily use it for a variety of purposes.
Drill bits that avoid walking
Bits that help to avoid walking are always ideal one as they provide more finish to your work and make it flawless. Users must consider the feature of walking while selecting the drill bits for drill press if they want more precision and finish in their work.
Easy to use
Ease of use is another core feature of the drill bits that is considered important while making the selection for drill press. Drill bits that can be easily used with the drill press are always appreciated because they save your time and energy and allow you to work faster.
Best Drill Bits For Drill Press Review
Well this 14 pieces set is also very good for use. The bits of this set feature the optimized cutting angles so it is really easy to create the flat bottom holes. Another good thing about these bits is that they have open tooth design so you can easily create a fast yet clean hole that is the biggest advantage of these bits.
These bits give a fine finish to your work and it saves your time and energy too. PORTER-CABLE Forstner Bit Set has been actually designed keeping in view the feature of durability so these bits are really long lasting.
Their good quality material that is hardened steel really makes your investment worth mentioning. The weight of this set is 3.92 pounds and the other dimensions of this set are 13*11.1*2.7 inches.
This set includes different sizes of bits so if you have this set at the time of work, you will really love this set as it will ease your work for you. These bits come in a very handy carrying case.
These bits are organized with in the case in a way that the sizes of the bits can be easily identified so it becomes really easy to select a bit of the concerned size. On the whole this is a good set of bits.
- This 14 piece set is really a durable and long lasting product.
- Its open teeth design distinguishes this set from others.
- If you are looking for the clean flat bottomed holes then nothing could be better these bits.
- This is a reasonably priced product.
- Some users complain that the bits get dull quickly after some time of use.
- Another issue that has been observed that is the poor cutting edge.
This is the set of best drill bits for drill press as it has been designed to create high quality and clean flat bottom holes. You have no need to put extra efforts for making holes as it allows an easy yet high quality drilling.
This set features ultra sharp cutting teeth that can easily cut through soft and hard wood and they efficiently help in completing you drilling task. In comparison to the traditional bits, these bits are much faster and they significantly reduce your cutting or drilling time.
IRWIN Marples Forstner Bit Set1966893 is a great set and it has a reduced shank. This shank easily fits to a 3/8 inch and many other larger drill presses and drills. This set includes 2 forstner bits of ¼ inches and it includes 3/8 inch, ½ inch, 5/8 inch, ¾ inch, 7/8 inch, 1 inch, 1-1/8 inch, 1-1/4 inch, 1-3/8 inch forstner bits.
The weight of this set is 4 pounds and the other dimensions of this set are 3.2*11.6*11.5 inches.
- Such a light weight set that can be carried everywhere.
- Provides efficiently drilling service to its users.
- This set helps to create precise holes.
- Sharp cutting teeth can equally drill efficiently in soft and hard wood.
- Shank fits to different types of drills and drill presses easily.
- This set is an ideal one for cabinet making, wood working and for many more other uses.
- Some users complain that the teeth of this set loose their sharpness after some period of time.
This is another good drill bit set that includes 15 pieces of bits and an amazing thing about these bits is that they come with titanium coating. This coating does not only provide a great finish to these bits but also it makes these bits breakage and wear resistant that is great.
These bits feature 135 degree of split point that helps to avoid any splits or walking. The size of these bits varies from 1/16 to ¼ of an inch. This size is with the intervals of 1/64 inch.
This is a great set that is ideal for many types of drill presses and drills. The bits of this set equally work on plastic, wood and metals. The weight of this set is 9.6 ounces and the other dimensions of this set are 6*4*1.5 inches.
Titanium coating enhances the feature of durability of this set so you can get benefits from this investment over a long period of time. Bits create clean holes that give proper finish to your work.
- This is a light weight drill bit set that can be easily carried everywhere.
- These bits come in a carrying case so you can store them without any trouble.
- These are the long lasting bits as they come with the titanium coating that makes them wear and tear resistant.
- Suitable for many drill presses and drills.
- Precise holes can be created easily.
- This is a budget friendly set of drill bits.
- These bits do not have shank. They are just round.
Well when we talk about the drill bit sets for drill press, we come to know about different sets but here we cannot ignore the name of IRWIN drill bit set. This set has been designed to facilitate precise drilling services to its users.
This is a 60 pieces set and these bits are made of high quality steel so they never disappoint you.
Every bit is highly finished and durable. The bits of this set feature a 118 degree chisel point tip so they can be easily used for the sake of general purpose applications.
This set is an ideal one for tapping applications as it provides precise holes. The use of this set is also recommended when users are in need of non fractional size holes.
You can ideally use this set for maintenance, repair, automotive and it can be used for different drill press applications too that is amazing. The weight of this set is 1.17 pound and the other dimensions of this set are 5.6*3.5*1.1 inches.
- This set is made of high quality steel so you can use it easily over a longer number of years.
- It is an ideal set for tapping applications.
- It is really easy to maintain this set.
- These are user friendly bits so everyone can use them.
- This set is light in weight so you can carry it everywhere without any trouble.
- These bits are strongly recommended for maintenance, repair and other automotive tasks.
- This is a good set but it is generally recommended for light duty tasks. You need to buy other bits for heavy tasks.
This is another professional drill bit set that includes 21 pieces of bits. The sizes of these bits range from 1-1/16 inches to 3/8 inches. These bits are provided in a plastic carrying case so it is really easy to organize and store these bits.
And another good thing is that you can place this case easily in your tool box and carry it everywhere with you that is amazing.
This is a professional cobalt drill bit set that has been engineered to perform all heavy duty tasks. These bits can drill through all type of metals including the soft ones and the hard ones. Drilling has never been so easy before this set.
Craftsman 9-64085 Professional bits have split points so these bits can easily go through the materials and they help avoid walking. This is an ideal drill bit set for stationery machines and drill presses.
The weight of this set is 1.27 pounds that shows that it is not a heavy set. The other dimensions of this set are 11.02*10.63*1.75 inches. High quality material of these bits really makes them long lasting.
- Light weight set so the feature of portability is really high.
- Easily drill through all type of metals whether the hard ones or soft ones.
- High quality material really enhances the feature of durability of this set.
- A right tool for craftsman that can be easily stored.
- It offers all those essential bits that are needed within the size range of 1-1/16 to 3/8 inch.
- There is just one con. These bits do not offer side notches.
The Complete Guide to the best drill bits for drill press
It is mandatory to select the best drill bits for drill press because a wrong decision will make a sane person, insane after using the wrong bits with drill press. In this guide, we will help you a lot through some tips. These tips will guide you how to select the right drill bits.
- First of all, you have to search that what type of drill bits will go well with your drill press. Some drill bits are so versatile that they can be used with any tool. So before buying you have to check the compatibility of the drill bits with your drill press.
- Versatility of bits is another point of consideration. Try to select a drill bit set that features multiple sized bits. This thing enhances the working of the bits and you can use them for different purpose.
- Keep in mind that what is your budget. In market, you will find pricy to cheap drill bits for your drill press. High quality drill bits stay longer but they are expensive. On the other hand, there are cheap drill bits but they loss their edge very fast. So it depends on you that how much you have to spend on the bits. Once you are clear about your spending then you can easily select among those bits that come under your price range.
- Seek help from experts if possible. This is so because they have already used the product and they can guide you in a better way that what would be the suitable drill bits for your drill press.
- Prefer those bits that come with a carrying case. This is so because in such scenario it is easy to organize the bits. You cannot only organize the bits but also you can store them properly when they are not in use. Feature of portability is also really high when the bits are in a carrying case.
All the above mentioned sets have the best drill bit s for drill press and they are also well known among users for their great work. When you are in market, you will definitely find many more sets and brands too so it mainly depends on the users that what they are looking for in a set and what are their needs. Once you have identified your needs then you can easily make a right choice.