- Factors to Consider When buying right angle drill
- Best Cordless Right Angle Drill Reviews
- 1. Makita DA3010F 4 Amp 3/8-Inch Right Angle Drill
- 2. DEWALT 20V MAX Right Angle Drill Cordless DCD740B
- 3. DEWALT 20V MAX Right Angle Cordless Drill/Driver Kit DCD740C1
- 4. Ryobi P241 One+ 18 Volt Right Angle Drill
- 5. Milwaukee 2415-21 M12 12V 3/8″ Cordless Right Angle Drill
- 6. Milwaukee 0370-20 Corded Right Angle Drill
- A Guide to Buying the Best Right Angle Drill
- Frequently Asked Questions
A right angle drill is a tool that is not generally present in the tool kit of people. This is something that is owned by the skilled people because these right angled drills are specially designed to access hard to reach spaces like behind beams.
Plumbing becomes quite easy when you use the best right angle drill for this purpose. Sometimes your regular drill does not work accurately and you need something professional to perform your task accurately, in this situation right angel drill works wonder for you.
In the market, plenty of drills are available so choose wisely according to your needs.
Factors to Consider When buying right angle drill
The most important question that comes to your mind is: what things you need to consider before buying a right-angle drill. In market, varieties of drills are available and somehow, it is confusing to select the right drill which fits well to your requirement.
Here, we will discuss some important points that will help you to resolve this issue. Just keep all these main things in your mind and hopefully you will be able to get the most appropriate product.
First of all, you need to figure out that why you need a right-angle drill? If you want to maintain your home or a professional contractor, then a right angle drill is mandatory. It is particularly designed to work on narrow spaces or small projects.
Obviously, if you have to work on home projects, it can consume a lot of time and energy. In that scenario, a right angle drill with great speed is something that you must be looking for. Commonly, the best angle drill has multiple speed limit options and you can adjust it accordingly.
If you have to deal with varying materials, then using this type of drill is the most suitable option. So try to buy that drill which can offer 1300 revolutions per minute.
Another important feature that you cannot ignore is its comfort while using right angle drill. As far as, its grip and triggering function is concerned, you should be able to twist it.
On the other hand, if you talk about its side handles, it should provide your more control while rotating it in different directions.
As you know it very well, the main purpose to engineer this tool is to drill narrow spaces, so it should be comfy, otherwise your hands will be tired and you have to take breaks during work.
Extensions and a number of attachments
A best right angle drill should have a bundle of attachments and extensions. It will assist you to work on home assignments, tight and difficult spaces easily like if you are drilling your attic, you can drag the extensions for 30 inches long.
This unique feature will help you to minimize your time and energy on finishing a project.
Smooth rotating force
In comparison with other standard drills, a perfect right angle drill is available with 3 speed motors that deliver the best rotating force to get things done efficiently and smoothly.
You can imagine this product to do wonders by having a firm control on its torque. Moreover, it is available with varying speed settings that can protect the life span of the motors.
It means that if you are going to drill any hard surface, your tool will never be over heated.
The best right angle drills have dual functions. They can be used as a standard drill too. On the other hand, you can remove the drive head and chunk can be utilized as an ordinary drill. So always invest your money on a premium quality drill.
Best Cordless Right Angle Drill Reviews
Our best right angle drill reviews will greatly help you to decide amongst different products. Users can take help from these reviews and they can select a perfect one for their work.
Makita DA3010F is a lightweight product but it has a powerful motor that utilizes 4.0 Amps. Variable speed feature of this product allows the increased control of user over this product.
It comes with a built-in LED light that helps to illuminate the working area so users can easily focus their targeted area even in darkness.
Makita DA3010F 4 Amp is a compact product that is 10-5/8 inch long and the head width of this product is 2-5/8 inch. This product works very well when it is used between framing studs. This is an ideal product for close quarter applications.
The weight of this product is 4.15 pounds whereas the other dimensions are 10.6*2.4*3.1 inches. Paddle switch greatly helps to avoid the over-tightening of fasteners and it also becomes easy to use this product with one hand just because of this switch.
- This is a lightweight product.
- This product has an LED light so it facilitates the working of users even in dim light.
- This is an ideal product for drilling in tight spaces.
- It has a powerful motor that provides excellent drilling service.
- There is a clutch in this product that prevents gear damage.
- Feature of variable speed control is amazing and it enhances the utility of this product.
- This is a compact product.
- All-ball bearing construction adds life to this product.
- This product can be used for drilling in different materials.
- Users can work with this drill for a longer time without any fatigue due to its lightweight.
- Paddle trigger is very sensitive.
DEWALT DCD740B 20-Volt is a right angle drill that offers two-speed ranges to its users. Their speed ranges from 0 to 650 RPM and 0 to 2000 RPM. The speed control feature does not only enhance the productivity of this product but also provides flexibility to its users. This is an ideal product for multiple applications.
This product has a compact design and its front to back length is just 4.0 inches. Users can easily access hard to reach places with the help of this drill. DEWALT DCD740B comes with built-in multiple grip triggers so users can use this product conveniently even at tight spaces by having an access to the trigger.
DEWALT DCD740B 20-Volt is a lightweight product as its weight is 3.25 pounds, whereas the dimensions of this product are 4.5*12.4*2.4 inches. In this product, Lithium-Ion battery has been used which enhances the feature of the durability of this product.
- This product offers dual speed ranges to its users.
- The feature of multiple grip trigger allows greater control even in the tight spaces.
- This product has a compact design.
- This is an ideal product for super tight spaces.
- This is not a heavy product so users experience no fatigue during work.
- Use of Lithium-Ion batteries in this product enhances the efficiency of this product and gives long life.
- Belt clip and LED light make this tool more useful.
- There is no battery indicator.
- Its chuck is made of plastic.
- Battery and charger are not provided with this product so users need to buy them separately.
DEWALT DCD740C1 is a cordless drill that facilitates its user with dual speed ranges. These speeds ranges are 0 to 600 RPM and 0 to 2000 RPM. This feature enhances the user flexibility and they can use it for multiple applications without any problem.
DEWALT DCD740C1 is a compact product and its front to back length is just 4 inches. This compact design allows users to access hard to reach spaces. This product offers multiple grip trigger so users can use this product conveniently.
DEWALT DCD740C1 is a lightweight product as its weight is 7.35 pounds. It is easy to carry this product during work due to its lightweight. The dimensions of this product are 13*16*4.6 inches. Use of Lithium-Ion batteries in this product greatly enhances the efficiency of this product.
- This is a lightweight product so users can avoid fatigue during work.
- It is an easy to use product.
- This is a cordless product so it can be carried anywhere for use.
- The compact design of this product allows its users to access hard to reach or tight spaces.
- Dual speed ranges increase the control of the user over this product.
- Feature of multiple grip trigger has been introduced in this product so it can be used for multiple applications.
- Keyless 3/8 inch chuck is an amazing feature of this product.
- An Energy Star-qualified charger is used to charge this product that is very fast.
- The torque of this product is not so high.
Ryobi P241 One+ 18 Volt is a right angle drill that has a long neck design. This long neck design allows its user to reach all those awkward places that is not possible to access in case of some standard drill. This is an ideal product not only for plumbing but also HVAC installation.
Ryobi P241 One+ 18 Volt offers an onboard magnetic tray. This tray is very handy for holding fasteners and bits during work. Operators can use both hands freely during work by putting extra tools on this onboard tray.
This product comes with a built-in LED light, which helps illuminate the working area and users can focus on their target easily.
Ryobi P241 One+ 18 Volt has a rubberized grip. This grip allows user to hold this product tightly in case of slippery conditions.
This is a versatile product and One+ feature is amazing. This feature allows this product to work with multiple 18V batteries. The weight of this product is 2.13 pounds whereas its dimensions are 13*3.2*5.1 inches.
- Ryobi P241 One+ 18 Volt is a lightweight product.
- One+ feature of this product is amazing.
- The rubberized grip helps to hold this product tightly even in slippery conditions.
- The onboard magnetic tray allows users to have their both hands free during work.
- It is a versatile and compact product.
- Long neck design allows access of hard to reach spaces.
- Battery is not provided with this product. Users need to buy it separately.
Milwaukee 2415-21 M12 is a cordless right angle drill that is an efficient and durable product. This is an amazing product because it does not only offer 11 setting options but also it facilitates its user with drill mode to enhance their control over this product.
Milwaukee 2415-21 M12 is an easy to use product and very light in weight and the weight of this product is just 1 pound so users do not experience any fatigue during work. The dimensions of this product are 13.2*8.9*3.7 inches. Although it is compact in size but it delivers 100 in-lbs of torque.
Extended paddle switch of this product allows the proper control of user over this product in case of multiple positions.
This product is made of metal so it is a durable product. It has 3/8 inch single sleeve ratcheting chunk that allows versatility and solid grip.
The head length of this product is 3-3/4 inch so it can fit into tight spaces without any problem. This product comes with built-in LED lights that help to illuminate the working surface for the ease of the user.
- This is an easy to use product.
- It is a lightweight product so users can avoid fatigue during work.
- Feature of LED light is amazing as these lights illuminate the working surface for its user.
- The metal construction of this product enhances the feature of durability.
- 3/8 inch ratcheting chuck provides maximum versatility.
- This is an ideal product for tight spaces as it’s head length is short.
- Lithium Ion battery is used in this product that enhances the efficiency of this product.
- There are no such cons of this product.
Milwaukee Electric Tool 0370-20 is a 3/8 inch close quarter drill that facilitates its users with a unique chuck angle. This angle allows the access of users into the tight spaces or areas. This product includes chuck key with a holder.
Milwaukee Electric Tool 0370-20 is a lightweight product. The overall weight of this product is 4.75 pounds. Due to its lightweight, users can easily avoid fatigue during work. The dimensions of this product are 8.5*4.1*13.8 inches.
This is a corded-electric product and metal construction of this product greatly helps to enhance the feature of durability. There is a Paddle trigger with the reverse-forward lever in this product that allows convenient control of user over this product.
This is an ideal product for tight spaces. This works amazingly because it has an angled chuck that helps to reach close quarters. This access is not possible in case of ordinary drills.
This product has been designed in a way that its angled power cord always remains out of the user’s working area.
- This is ready to use product.
- It is quite light in weight so users feel no fatigue during work.
- Angle chuck of this product allows the access of users to the tight spaces.
- Metal construction enhances the feature of durability of this product.
- It is very easy to use this product.
- It is compact in size and its paddle trigger allows the smooth working to its user.
- Textured grip increases the control of user over this product.
- The only con of this product is that it lacks in power which helps is required to complete heavy tasks.
A Guide to Buying the Best Right Angle Drill
Well, it is not an easy task to select a best right angle drill. The market is loaded with plenty of products that have their own distinguished features and users feel a bit confused that which one they should buy. So, here we will discuss some things that need to be considered while buying a right angle drill. These are as follow:
- Battery Type: When you are thinking to buy a right angle drill, you must pay attention to the type of battery that is used in it. Drills that use Lithium-Ion batteries are considered best for working.
- Size of Head: When you leave your house to buy a drill, you must consider the head size of the right angle drill. Drills that can fit into the small spaces and reach the corners easily, they are the good ones as they help to ease your task.
- Speed and Torque: Buyers should pay attention to the speed and torque while buying a right drill for their work. A powerful tool delivers good torque regardless of the complexity of your work.
- Ease of Use: Ease of use is another important point. If you do not feel comfortable with a drill, this thing will definitely affect your working. So you must select an easy to use product and does not come with so many technical features.
- Weight of Product: A lightweight drill prevents its user from fatigue during work. So select a product that is not heavy and you can carry it easily during work.
- Runtime and Life Span: A drill that has a short run time is not an ideal product for you so it must never be in your buying list. Before buying a right angle drill, you should pay attention to the runtime and life span of the product.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of right angle drills?
A right angle drill can access hard to reach spaces without any difficulty.
Is this an ideal product for plumbing?
Yes, It makes plumbing work quite easier for the people.
Why a right angle drill is better than a regular drill?
Yes, a right angle drill is better than a regular drill because it helps to perform all those hard tasks that cannot be performed with a normal drill.
Are right angle drills only corded?
No, They come in both corded and battery operated options.
Can right angle drills perform both heavy and light duty plumbing tasks?
Yes, They can perform both heavy and light duty tasks.
Although is difficult to chose the best right angle drill but once a right decision is taken then your work becomes quite easy. A good drill allows you to perform your work efficiently and it saves your time too.