An air impact wrench is known with many names like air wrench, air gun, rattle gun, impact gun, windy gun and sometimes they are also called torque gun. This is a very powerful tool that delivers high torque with the minimum exertion to the users. This product actually works by ensuring intensity in a rotating measurement.
Air impact wrenches are the amazing products that are used for plenty of industrial purposes. In industrial fields, high torque products are required so these are wildly used in automotive repairing, heavy instrument maintaining, major manufacturing projects, product assembling and many more industrial fields.
An air impact wrench is available in different sizes. ¼ inch air impact wrench is mainly used but the best pneumatic impact wrench is one that suits well to your needs fully.
Features to consider before buying Best Pneumatic Impact Wrench
If you are thinking to have an impact wrench, obviously you will be wondering that what features you should consider before investing your money on an impact wrench. Different manufactures have launched impact wrenches and somehow, it becomes difficult for you to select the right one. Here, we will discuss some important points that will resolve your problem and enable you to make right choice.
The first thing that you need to figure out is the power that is measured by torque. Torque is usually measured in Newton meters. The higher the number, the force will be greater. Power in impact wrenches range from 100 Nm to 1000 Nm.
Another thing that cannot be ignored is its size, so be very careful while choosing the correct size for the bolt that you are going to tight or loose. For instance, a 100 Nm impact wrench will do better with M12 to M 30 bolts, on the other hand, a 280 Nm impact wrench will do wonder with M 8 to M 16 bolts.
Let us talk about another amazing feature which you must consider. Some impact wrenches offer an option of variable speed so you can increase the speed according to your work requirement. If you increase the speed, obviously its power will be increased.
Speed setting option can be really helpful as it may avert any accident or damage by exerting too much force, so always look for this feature while buying an impact wrench.
As far as, its application is concerned, heavy duty impact wrenches are mainly required for steel work. On the other hand, if you belong to a car industry, choose cordless 18 v impact wrench which are typically utilized by tire companies for removing wheel nuts.
As far as, some impact wrenches are concerned, they are good for scaffolding and they do not demand high torque output. Impact wrenches can also be used in homes to fix bolts but keep this thing in your mind, do not use too much force otherwise it may result in a disaster.
If you are not aware of how to use an impact wrench, just make sure, a manual should be included in your package. First, read all the instructions carefully and then start operating the impact wrench. It is a great idea to go through the manual as it will help you to understand different modes and functions of an impact wrench.
Now, you must be surprised that why it is so important to see the design of the impact wrench? Let me clear things here, you should always choose a tool that fits well to your hand, impact wrenches require a lot of force, if you cannot carry it properly, it may damage your wrist.
Before buying any product, always go through some research so you may select the right product. Now a day, consumers prefer cordless impact wrenches as they utilize 18 v because they can generate almost double torque in comparison to corded wrenches.
Best Pneumatic Impact Wrench Review
Ingersoll Rand 231C is a ½ inch air impact wrench that offers a very reliable design to its users. This product has a twin hammer mechanism that facilitates the 600 ft-pound torque which is the maximum torque of this product.
Ingersoll Rand 231C wrench has a build-in adjustable power regulator so users can control this product easily while having torque output. Its ergonomic 2 piece design helps in operating and maintaining this product with great ease. Users can instantly use this product because it is fully lubricated and ready for use.
Ingersoll Rand 231C has a pressure–feed lubrication system and its dimensions are 3.4*8.2*8.8 inches. This product is highly recommended for heavy duty applications.
- It has adjustable power regulators so it provides versatility in operations to its users.
- Pressure-feed lubrication system is an amazing benefit of this product.
- This product is suitable for heavy-duty application jobs.
- Ergonomic 2 piece design helps to maintain and control this product efficiently.
- Users can use this product just after opening it. There is no need of assembling the parts.
- This is a durable product and it provides great performance.
- This is a very loud product.
AIRCAT 1150 Killer is a ½ inch impact wrench that performs very well. It provides 1295 ft. pounds of loosening torque whereas its maximum torque is 900 ft-lbs.
This is a very powerful air impact wrench because it facilitates 1400 blows per minute. This product offers 15% larger rotor and this capacity of the rotor makes this product very powerful.
AIRCAT 1150 Killer is the strongest and hard-hitting Twin hammer which provides excellent service to its users. It has a very lightweight body and its dimensions are 7.5*2.8*7 inches.
AIRCAT 1150 Killer has a patented ergonomic handle so it becomes easy to hold this product during work.
- This is one of the most powerful half-inch impact wrenches as compared to others.
- 15% larger rotor facilitates its users with unmatched power.
- Operational sound of this product is very low and that is just 86 decibels.
- It provides 1400 blows per minute so this number shows the speed of this product.
- Ergonomic handle helps to hold this product with ease and prevents its users from fatigue during work.
- This product is very light in weight.
- There is only one speed for reverse.
Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX is a ½ inch air impact wrench that provides 930 ft-pounds of reverse torque whereas the nut-busting torque of this product is 1350 ft-pounds that is quite high. This product has been designed to deal with the toughest bolts.
Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX is very light in weight as its weight is just 4.63 pounds. Dimensions of this product are 7.6*2.9*7.5 inches. It has been designed on the pattern of twin-hammer impact and its hammer case is made of titanium that provides durability to this product.
Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX has 4 position power regulators and there is a push-button too on this product. This button can be operated with one hand to forward and reverse the impact wrench. This feature provides great control during industrial jobs.
- Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX proves an ideal product for stubborn bolts and nuts.
- 4 position power regulators help to adjust the speed of this product according to the nature of work.
- This is a lightweight product that helps to avoid fatigue during work.
- It is a user-friendly and durable product.
- It is a bit larger as compared to other products.
- Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX is a noisy product.
- Pair this impact wrench with the right Campbell Hausfeld air compressor to generate 550 FT/LBS of nut-busting torque so you can rotate your car's tires, change a lawnmower blade, or repair your brakes.
- 3-Speed power regulator makes it easy to select the speed you need to get the perfect tension on your lug nuts every time.
- The sturdy composite design creates a long-lasting durable tool so you can complete job after job with confidence.
- This impact wrenches light weight, smooth twin-hammer mechanism, and ergonomic soft grip design work together to reduce vibration and fatigue so you can work longer with less wear on your hands.
- Combine with a Campbell Hausfeld 30 gallon air compressor (VT6271 or VT6358) and air hose (PA117701AV) for best results
Campbell XT002000 is a ½ inch Twin hammer impact wrench. This impact wrench can be paired with the Campbell Hausfeld air compressor to get the nut-busting torque of 750 ft-lbs. This pairing allows the application of this product on small cars and lawn mowers too.
Campbell XT002000 air impact wrench comes with three-speed regulators so users can adjust the speed of this product easily during their work. Its balanced twin hammer mechanism helps to reduce the vibration during work. It is a lightweight product and its weight is 5.83 pounds.
Campbell XT002000 is an air-powered product and its dimensions are 8.7*3.3*7.9 inches. The composite housing does not only reduce the weight of this product but also enhances the feature of the durability of this product.
- This is a lightweight product so users can avoid fatigue during work.
- 3-speed regulators help to control the speed of this product during different jobs.
- The ergonomic soft-grip helps to hold this product with great ease.
- This is a durable product.
- The nut-busting torque of this product is very good.
- This is a user-friendly product.
- It helps to get work done speedily.
- There is no such disadvantage of this product.
ACDelco ANI405 is a half-inch air impact wrench that works on twin hammer mechanism and it provides 500 ft-lb of nut-busting torque that shows the power of this product. This product has a built-in reverse/ forward switch so it becomes easy to switch the button during work.
ACDelco ANI405 air impact wrench has a long nose. This long nose helps its users to reach the hardest nuts of trucks and other utility vehicles. This is an ideal product for industrial professionals who need to release the hardest nuts of wheels during their job.
ACDelco ANI405 is a powerful wrench and its dimensions are 2.5*7*8 inches. This is a reliable product that provides fast torque build-ups. There are 5-speed settings that can be applied for reverse and forward directions. This speed setting provides great control to its users.
- This product has been designed to use in rugged environment so it involves less maintenance cost.
- 5-speed settings provide the user with greater control on this product.
- This is an ideal product for industry users.
- The long nose of this product helps to access the hard to reach nuts.
- The only con of this product is the weight. It is heavy as compared to other products.
Astro 1822 is a ½ inch Nano air impact wrench that is very light in weight. Its weight is just 1.37 pound so it prevents its user from fatigue during work. This is just 3.85 inch long wrench but it is a very powerful one. It provides 450 ft. lbs of torque.
Astro 1822 is a short profile wrench that has 3-speed settings. These settings are allowed in both directions that are reverse and forward. It has a modernized twin hammer design that increases the reliability of this product. Dimensions of this product are 3.9*2.4*7.5 inches.
- This is extremely light in weight as its weight is jus1.37 pounds.
- It prevents its users from fatigue during work.
- There are 3-speed settings so users can control this product easily while working.
- It provides a high level of torque but it does not create much noise.
- It is quite shorter as compared to other impact wrenches as its length is just 3.85 inches.
- Users need to buy additional accessories to work with this product.
- People with smaller hands may find its handle a bit bigger for them.
DEWALT DWMT70773L is a ½ inch square drive air impact wrench that is used for heavy-duty applications. This product facilitates its user with a maximum torque of 650 ft-lbs. This torque proves very handy for breaking free the fasteners which get stubborn.
DEWALT DWMT70773L impact wrench works on the twin hammer mechanism and its RPM is 7500 that allows high power fastening facilities to its users. This product comes with a built-in reverse/forward switch that allows the use of the product in both directions. There is an adjustable power regulator so speed can be adjusted according to the requirements.
DEWALT DWMT70773L has shock-resistant housing bumpers. The weight of this product is 5.86 pounds and its dimensions are 10.8*9.3*3.6 inches. It has an ergonomic handle that is consisting of a rubber cushion so it becomes very easy to hold this product.
- It is light in weight.
- This is an ideal product for heavy-duty applications.
- Ergonomic handle allows the proper grip of this product.
- It is quite easy to use this product.
- It provides great performance.
- One hand operation differentiates this product from others.
- This product tends to pick up dirt.
- Its directional switch is somehow placed inconveniently.
Nitrocat 1250-K is an air impact wrench that facilities its user with 1300 ft-lbs of torque. This loosening torque helps to tackle crank bolts. Nitrocat 1250-K has been designed on patented quiet exhaust technology so it does not make a noise. The sound of this product is only 86 dBa.
Nitrocat 1250-K impact wrench works on a hard-hitting twin-clutch mechanism and it is an ideal product for the toughest applications. There is a patented forward/reverse switch that allows the use of this product in both directions. Ideally, Nitrocat 1250-K is used for heavy-duty applications.
- This is quite light in weight.
- It is very easy to carry this product during work.
- It can be operated with one hand.
- This is a quiet product as its sound is just 86 dBa.
- Patented reverse/forward switch allows the use of this product in each direction.
- It is a fearless and hard-hitting impact wrench.
- This is an ideal product for heavy applications.
- Patented ergonomic handle allows a strong grip.
- Its trigger control is very sensitive. It takes some time for control setting.
This pneumatic impact wrench is compact in size but in a compact size it is a really powerful product. This ½ inch stubby impact wrench offers great performance in ratio of its weight like it delivers 450 ft –lbs of torque in comparison of its weight that is just 2.9 lbs.
This pneumatic wrench is an ideal tool for confined or restricted areas like it is suitable for engines, interior work and transmission. This is a must have tool of every mechanic’s tool kit. The weight of this impact wrench is 5.29 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 4.4*2.3*6.8 inches.
The most promising feature of this product is that it can be easily used by the left or right handed mechanics without any trouble. You can use this wrench in both reverse and forward directions.
- Such a light weight product that delivers excellent performance even in a compact size.
- There are three trigger settings that make this product useful for multiple tasks.
- It equally works well in both reverse and forward direction.
- This is a durable and easy to use product.
- It provides excellent power to weight ratio.
- Its jumbo hammer is good.
- This is an amazing product that does not have such con that needs to be mentioned here.
Well, when we talk about the pneumatic impact wrenches the name of TZTool 1200 all new Diesel also comes in front of our eyes. This is a powerful yet a durable diesel impact gun that comes with really high quality extension bar and sockets. Metal construction allows this product to withstand wear and tear without any trouble so you can conveniently use it for many years.
This product contains an exclusive combination of tools that are not only good for mechanics but also it is a right choice for DIYers. This 21 pcs set is just awesome.
This is a light weight product. The weight of this tool is 4.65 pounds and the other dimensions of this pneumatic impact wrench are 7.7*2.8*8 inches. Metal construction enhances the feature of durability of this tool.
- This is a really durable product in comparison to other models.
- This is an ergonomically designed product that saves its users from fatigue during work.
- In comparison to price, this product offers high quality in normal price.
- Light in weight but it will amaze you with its excellent performance.
- In works on an air source to provide efficient service to its users.
- Some people complain that it does not have 13mm deep impact socket. That must be included in it.
Air Impact Wrench vs Cordless Impact Wrench
Here we will try to differentiate between air impact wrench and cordless impact wrench for the proper understanding of the readers. We can differentiate these two products on the basis of few key points which are as follow:
An air impact wrench is a lightweight product as compared to the cordless impact wrenches. This is so because air wrenches are simple tools and they use air for power. A cordless impact wrench with the same power is always bulky as compared to the air impact wrench because air wrench has no internal motor and it does not involve tons of wiring.
Air impact wrenches are definitely more powerful than the cordless impact wrenches. In the last few years, a lot of models of cordless impact wrenches have been introduced but they are still not as powerful as the impact wrenches are. The torque of air impact wrench is quite high as compared to the advanced models of cordless impact wrenches.
Maintenance is not an uphill task in both designs. In the case of cordless impact wrench, there is no need of maintenance as there are no brushes to change out. But an air impact wrench needs some maintenance. The compressor of air impact wrench needs oiling, proper draining of air tank and you need to make sure that the tank holds air properly. After many years of use, you are required to change the tank too. So in this case, cordless has some advantage over air impact wrench.
The convenience factor is very important. In case of air impact wrench, you need to attach a hose with tool and air compressor too before doing any task whereas cordless impact wrench is a battery-powered product that is ready to use once its battery is fully charged. So cordless impact wrench can be more conveniently used as compared to the air wrench.
Air impact wrench is a simple tool that does not require motor and wiring but it needs compressor and hose. In the same way, cordless impact wrenches come with charger and batteries. From price point of view, you will not experience much of a difference between the two products.
Feature of portability is generally high in cordless impact wrenches. As these are battery-powered products so they can be carried anywhere without any problem. In case of air impact wrench, you need to set hose with tool. So feature of portability is comparatively low in air impact wrenches.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an air impact wrench?
An air impact wrench is a type of wrench that uses compressed air to exert force on objects. The wrench is inserted into the object to be tightened and the air is released, causing the wrench to apply pressure to the object. The force of the air can cause the object to be tightened or loosened.
What is the meaning of PSI and CFM terms in air impact wrenches?
Psi and Cfm terms are used in air impact wrenches to indicate how much force is needed to tighten or loosen a bolt. Psi is a measure of pressure and is used to indicate how much force is needed to tighten a bolt. Cfm is a measure of torque and is used to indicate how much force is needed to loosen a bolt.
What is the suitable size of an air impact wrench for heavy equipment?
The size of the air impact wrench is based on the weight of the object that it will be used on. Air impact wrenches that are 3/4 inch in size are quite suitable for heavy equipment.
Which one is the best pneumatic impact wrench for auto repairs?
Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX is the best pneumatic impact wrench for auto repairs.
Is it easy to use product?
Yes. It is quite easy to use this product.
In short, an air impact wrench is a powerful product that prevents its user from exertion and provides maximum torque. This is an easy to use product and people prefer this product over others due to some reasons. First of all, they are highly powerful tools.
Everybody experience some rusty nuts in life or there are some hard bolts that do not shift easily so in such situations an air impact wrench proves very handy. It puts real power in your hands and its torque helps you to move these nuts easily. Secondly, this is a product that works with great speed.
If you have this tool in your toolbox then you can perform your loosening or tightening tasks easily. So this is an amazing product that can solve many of your maintenance tasks.
- Features to consider before buying Best Pneumatic Impact Wrench
- Best Pneumatic Impact Wrench Review
- 1. Ingersoll-Rand 231C Super-Duty 1/2 Inch Air Impact Wrench
- 2. AIRCAT 1150 Killer Torque 1/2 Inch Air Impact Wrench
- 3. Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX 1/2 Inch Drive
- 4. Campbell Hausfeld XT002000 1/2″ Air Impact Wrench
- 5. ACDelco ANI405A Heavy Duty Twin Hammer
- 6. Astro Pneumatic Tool 1822 ONYX 1/2″ Nano Impact Wrench
- 7. DEWALT DWMT70773L Impact Wrench Square Drive Heavy Duty
- 8. Nitrocat 1250-K Wrench
- 9. Chicago Pneumatic CP7732 1/2-Inch
- 10. TZTool 1200 All new Diesel 1/2″ AIR Impact wrench set
- Air Impact Wrench vs Cordless Impact Wrench
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words