- 1 1. AIRCAT 1150 Killer Torque
- 2 2. Ingersoll-Rand 231C Super-Duty Air Impact Wrench
- 3 3. Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX Drive
- 4 4. Campbell Hausfeld XT002000 Air Impact Wrench
- 5 5. ACDelco ANI405 Heavy Duty
- 6 6. Astro 1822 1/2″ Nano Impact Wrench
- 7 7.DEWALT DWMT70773L 1/2-Inch Square Drive
- 8 8. Nitrocat 1250-K Air Impact Wrench
- 9 Some important things to consider before buying the best air impact wrench
1. AIRCAT 1150 Killer Torque
AIRCAT 1150 Killer is a ½ inch impact wrench that performs very well. It provides 1295 ft. pounds of loosening torque whereas its maximum torque is 900 ft-lbs.
This is a very powerful air impact wrench because it facilitates 1400 blows per minute. This product offers 15 % larger rotor and this capacity of the rotor makes this product very powerful.
AIRCAT 1150 Killer is the strongest and hard-hitting Twin hammer which provides excellent service to its users. It has a very lightweight body and its dimensions are 7.5*2.8*7 inches.
AIRCAT 1150 Killer has a patented ergonomic handle so it becomes easy to hold this product during work.
- This is one of the most powerful half inch impact wrenches as compared to others.
- 15% larger rotor facilitates its users with unmatched power.
- Operational sound of this product is very low and that is just 86 decibels.
- It provides 1400 blows per minute so this number shows the speed of this product.
- Ergonomic handle helps to hold this product with ease and prevents its users from fatigue during work.
- This product is very light in weight.
- There is only one speed for reverse.
2. Ingersoll-Rand 231C Super-Duty Air Impact Wrench
Ingersoll Rand 231C is a ½ inch air impact wrench that offers a very reliable design to its users. This product has a Twin hammer mechanism that facilitates the 600 ft-pound torque which is the maximum torque of this product.
Ingersoll Rand 231C wrench has a build in adjustable power regulator so users can control this product easily while having torque output. Its ergonomic 2 piece design helps in operating and maintaining this product with great ease. Users can instantly use this product because it is fully lubricated and ready for use.
Ingersoll Rand 231C has a pressure–feed lubrication system and its dimensions are 3.4*8.2*8.8 inches. This product is highly recommended for heavy duty applications.
- It has adjustable power regulators so it provides versatility in operations to its users.
- Pressure-feed lubrication system is an amazing benefit of this product.
- This product is suitable for heavy duty application jobs.
- Ergonomic 2 piece design helps to maintain and control this product efficiently.
- Users can use this product just after opening it. There is no need of assembling the parts.
- This is a durable product and it provides great performance.
- This is a very loud product.
3. Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX Drive
Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX is a ½ inch air impact wrench that provides 930 ft-pounds of reverse torque whereas the nut-busting torque of this product is 1350 ft-pounds that is quite high. This product has been designed to deal with the toughest bolts.
Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX is very light in weight as its weight is just 4.63 pounds. Dimensions of this product are 7.6*2.9*7.5 inches. It has been designed on the pattern of twin-hammer impact and its hammer case is made of titanium that provides durability to this product.
Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX has 4 position power regulators and there is a push button too on this product. This button can be operated with one hand to forward and reverse the impact wrench. This feature provides great control during industrial jobs.
- Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX proves an ideal product for stubborn bolts and nuts.
- 4 position power regulators help to adjust the speed of this product according to the nature of work.
- This is a lightweight product that helps to avoid fatigue during work.
- It is a user-friendly and durable product.
- It is a bit larger as compared to other products.
- Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX is a noisy product.
4. Campbell Hausfeld XT002000 Air Impact Wrench
Campbell XT002000 is a ½ inch Twin hammer impact wrench. This impact wrench can be paired with the Campbell Hausfeld air compressor to get the nut busting torque of 750 ft-lbs. This pairing allows the application of this product on small cars and lawn mowers too.
Campbell XT002000 air impact wrench comes with three-speed regulators so users can adjust the speed of this product easily during their work. Its balanced twin hammer mechanism helps to reduce the vibration during work. It is a lightweight product and its weight is 5.83 pounds.
Campbell XT002000 is an air powered product and its dimensions are 8.7*3.3*7.9 inches. The composite housing does not only reduce the weight of this product but also enhances the feature of durability of this product.
- This is a lightweight product so users can avoid fatigue during work.
- 3-speed regulators help to control the speed of this product during different jobs.
- The ergonomic soft grip helps to hold this product with great ease.
- This is a durable product.
- The nut busting torque of this product is very good.
- This is a user-friendly product.
- It helps to get work done speedily.
There is no such disadvantage of this product.
5. ACDelco ANI405 Heavy Duty
ACDelco ANI405 is a half inch air impact wrench that works on twin hammer mechanism and it provides 500 ft-lb of nut busting torque that shows the power of this product. This product has a built-in reverse/ forward switch so it becomes easy to switch the button during work.
ACDelco ANI405 air impact wrench has a long nose. This long nose helps its users to reach the hardest nuts of trucks and other utility vehicles. This is an ideal product for industrial professionals who need to release the hardest nuts of wheels during their job.
ACDelco ANI405 is a powerful wrench and its dimensions are 2.5*7*8 inches. This is a reliable product that provides fast torque build ups. There are 5-speed settings that can be applied for reverse and forward directions. This speed setting provides great control to its users.
- This product has been designed to use in rugged environment so it involves less maintenance cost.
- 5-speed settings provide the user with greater control on this product.
- This is an ideal product for industry users.
- The long nose of this product helps to access the hard to reach nuts.
- The only con of this product is the weight. It is heavy as compared to other products.
6. Astro 1822 1/2″ Nano Impact Wrench
Astro 1822 is a ½ inch Nano air impact wrench that is very light in weight. Its weight is just 1.37 pound so it prevents its user from fatigue during work. This is just 3.85 inch long wrench but it is a very powerful one. It provides 450 ft. lbs of torque.
Astro 1822 is a short profile wrench that has 3-speed settings. These settings are allowed in both directions that are reverse and forward. It has a modernized twin hammer design that increases the reliability of this product. Dimensions of this product are 3.9*2.4*7.5 inches.
- This is extremely light in weight as its weight is jus1.37 pounds.
- It prevents its users from fatigue during work.
- There are 3-speed settings so users can control this product easily while working.
- It provides a high level of torque but it does not create much noise.
- It is quite shorter as compared to other impact wrenches as its length is just 3.85 inches.
- Users need to buy additional accessories to work with this product.
- People with smaller hands may find its handle a bit bigger for them.
7.DEWALT DWMT70773L 1/2-Inch Square Drive
DEWALT DWMT70773L is a ½ inch square drive air impact wrench that is used for heavy-duty applications. This product facilitates its user with a maximum torque of 650 ft-lbs. This torque proves very handy for breaking free the fasteners which get stubborn.
DEWALT DWMT70773L impact wrench works on the twin hammer mechanism and its RPM is 7500 that allows high power fastening facilities to its users. This product comes with a built-in reverse/forward switch that allows the use of the product in both directions. There is an adjustable power regulator so speed can be adjusted according to the requirements.
DEWALT DWMT70773L has shock resistant housing bumpers. The weight of this product is 5.86 pounds and its dimensions are 10.8*9.3*3.6 inches. It has an ergonomic handle that is consisting of a rubber cushion so it becomes very easy to hold this product.
- It is light in weight.
- This is an ideal product for heavy duty applications.
- Ergonomic handle allows the proper grip of this product.
- It is quite easy to use this product.
- It provides great performance.
- One hand operation differentiates this product from others.
- This product tends to pick up dirt.
- Its directional switch is somehow placed inconveniently.
8. Nitrocat 1250-K Air Impact Wrench
Nitrocat 1250-K is an air impact wrench that facilities its user with 1300 ft-lbs of torque. This loosening torque helps to tackle crank bolts. Nitrocat 1250-K has been designed on patented quiet exhaust technology so it does not make a noise. The sound of this product is only 86 dBa.
Nitrocat 1250-K impact wrench works on a hard-hitting twin clutch mechanism and it is an ideal product for the toughest applications. There is a patented forward/reverse switch that allows the use of this product in both directions. Ideally Nitrocat 1250-K is used for heavy-duty applications.
- This is quite light in weight.
- It is very easy to carry this product during work.
- It can be operated with one hand.
- This is a quiet product as its sound is just 86 dBa.
- Patented reverse/forward switch allows the use of this product in each direction.
- It is a fearless and hard-hitting impact wrench.
- This is an ideal product for heavy applications.
- Patented ergonomic handle allows a strong grip.
- Its trigger control is very sensitive. It takes some time for control setting.
Some important things to consider before buying the best air impact wrench
Well, it is an important question which many people ask that why buy an air impact wrench when you can do the fastening and screw tasks with an electric drill. But you must know that an air impact wrench gives a lot of power which an electric drill cannot provide.
Let’s have a look on important things which one must consider before buying an air impact wrench.
There are three types of air impact wrenches:
- Pneumatic Impact Wrench: These are old school wrenches which need air compressor as they run on compressed air to aid for their power source.
- Electric Impact Wrench: These are both corded and cordless impact wrenches and as their name state, it needs electricity to power the machine.
- Hydraulic Impact Wrench: These are not commonly found in the market but they definitely yield more torque than pneumatic impact wrenches.
- Power: Before buying an air impact wrench, always consider its power first. Choose a wrench with sufficient power which you will actually need for completing your tasks.
- Sound: With air impact wrenches, even small wrenches can be very noisy, so make sure you choose the one with lower sound levels.
- Grip: Always give due thought to grip as you will be holding the wrench for longer hours, so make sure that it is convenient to hold and work with.
Hammer Mechanism: Hammer mechanism is highly important to analyze the performance of an impact wrench as it needs little torque before the hammer is allowed to move/spin separately from anvil. Twin hammer design in air impact wrenches has also great value as it allows the use of two hammers at the same time providing high efficiency at work.
So, before buying an air impact wrench, you should keep these above-mentioned points in your mind so that you invest in the best air impact wrench.