If you are thinking to buy a tool that can solve all your problems then cordless impact wrench is a right choice for you. An impact wrench is also known with so many other names like rattle gun, air wrench, torque gun, air gun etc. Actually this tool has been designed to deliver maximum torque by putting less exertion on the user.
Initially corded impact wrenches were highly appreciated by the people but now people are highly paying great attention to cordless electric impact wrenches due to the feature of portability and versatility.
Markets are loaded with plenty of cordless impact wrenches so users can select the best cordless impact wrench according to the nature of their work and load requirements.
Things to Consider Before Choosing Best Cordless Impact Wrench
Cordless impact wrench is an amazing product that can help you accomplishing your day to day maintenance tasks. But people often get confused when they visit market for buying a perfect tool. This is so because market is loaded with different type of brands and variety of products and it becomes hard to decide which will work best for you.
Here are some points that you can consider before buying these cordless impact wrenches.
1. Wrench size
When it comes to choosing the right cordless impact wrench, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, the size of the wrench will determine the type of screw you can use it on. For most applications, a standard wrench size of 1/2 inch will be sufficient. However, for tougher screws or bolts, a wrench size of 3/4 inch may be better.
2. Wrench speed
When it comes to cordless impact wrenches, there are a few things to consider. The first is the speed of the wrench. Some users want a fast wrench so they can get the job done quickly. Others might not mind a slower wrench if it means they can get a tighter fit. The second thing to consider is the power of the wrench. Some users want a powerful wrench that can handle tougher jobs. Others might just want a tool that is reliable and easy to use.
3. Wrench durability
When it comes to buying an impact wrench, it is important to consider the durability of the tool. Many cordless impact wrenches are designed for occasional use and are not meant to be used on a daily basis. This means that the tool may not last as long as a standard impact wrench. Consider how often you plan on using the wrench and decide if a cordless option is the right choice for you.
4. Battery Types
Cordless drills are a popular tool for homeowners and professionals. They are convenient, lightweight, and have a variety of uses. However, one downside of cordless drills is that they rely on batteries. Batteries can be expensive, and they can also be dangerous if they are not used properly.
Lithium ion batteries are a popular type of battery for cordless impact wrench. They are safer than other types of batteries, and they last longer.
If you can invest more then you should prefer Lithium Ion batteries and they work efficiently and increase the life of product.
Cordless impact wrenches are a popular tool for a variety of tasks around the home. However, choosing the right one can be difficult. This is especially true when it comes to battery-powered tools, as there are a variety of options available.
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a cordless impact wrench is the battery. Nimh batteries are a popular option for these tools, as they are typically powerful and have a long lifespan.
When it comes to cordless impact wrenches, there are a few things to consider. The grip is one of them. Some wrenches have a rubber grip, while others have a more traditional handle. The grip can make a huge difference in how comfortable the tool feels, and can also affect how well you are able to control the tool.
When it comes to power, there are a few factors to consider. First, you’ll want to make sure the impact wrench has a powerful motor. Second, you’ll want to make sure the motor has enough torque to handle the job at hand. If a tool has powerful motor it means that this tool will be more useful.
7. Brushless or not
In addition to the torque, you need to observe that whether the impact wrench has brushless motor or not. Feature of brushless motor is normally present in premium models. This is why, a tool with brushless motor gives amazing performance.
Benefits of Using Best Cordless Impact Wrench
There are so many benefits of cordless impact wrenches. Let’s have a look on these one by one.
This is the biggest advantage of cordless impact wrench. This type of impact wrenches is highly portable. You do not have to plug in these wrenches which make them an ultimate choice for the users.
It can be used anywhere
Cordless impact wrench can be used anywhere. These are battery powered products that are generally cheap. So users can perform their tasks anywhere with the help of these wrenches.
Light in weight
Cordless impact wrench is a light weight product and it is easy to carry this product during work. It prevents its user from fatigue and extra pressures on arms.
Saves time and energy
Cordless impact wrench is a powerful product that saves time and energy. It delivers high torque and power for completely tasks efficiently. You can use it like a pro and multiple tasks can be performed with this product in no time.
No hazard of wires
Cordless impact wrench helps to avoid the hazard or mixing of wires. A place that is already having so many wires and if you are having one more in the form of corded impact wrench then problems may arise. Cordless feature allows better and easy use of this product.
10 Best Cordless Impact Wrench
This DEWALT DCF899HB is a cordless impact wrench that has a powerful brushless motor. This motor provides superior performance to its users. This product delivers torque of 700 ft. lbs and its breakaway torque is 1200 ft. lbs.
DEWALT DCF899HB features three speed controls to its user for the multiple applications that are 0 to 400, 1200, 1900 RPM. This product comes with a built in LED light that helps to illuminate the working surface for its users.
It has a powerful Hog Ring Anvil that is perfect for multiple fastening applications. DEWALT DCF899HB is a compact product and its weight is 6.4 pounds. The dimensions of this product are 9.9*4.2*10.6 inches.
Lithium Ion batteries are used in this product that greatly help to enhance the efficiency of this product. This is a light weight product but it can easily handle 6 to 8 ft. drop. It can resist to cleaners, chemicals, grease.
- This is a light weight product so it prevents its user from fatigue during work.
- Feature of built-in LED light is amazing as it allows users to work in less illuminated or dark areas.
- This is an ergonomic tool.
- This is a portable product so it can be carried anywhere.
- Speed selector allows the selection of right amount of torque depending on the requirement of the work.
- It has a battery fuel gauge indicator which indicates that how much battery is left.
- This Dewalt wrench is a compact product that is why it can be used even in tighter spaces.
- It has a powerful brushless motor that delivers high torque.
- Battery and charger are not provided with this product. Users need to buy these accessories separately.
- This is a very loud product.
PORTER-CABLE PCC740B ½” is particularly manufactured for heavy applications. Lithium batteries have been incorporated in this cordless impact tool. Its dimensions are 9.9x3x 7. This tool has a powerful motor inside that generates 330 ft /Ibs torque for tough and heavy-duty tasks.
It features a short length measuring 9.9 front to back. Its weight is 5 pounds. 20 volts are required to run this impact wrench. The main function of this product is to fix large fasteners quickly and its maximum speed goes up to 1650 RPM.
- Its pro grade lithium battery provides long life and maximum performance and charging goes long way.
- An LED is fixed on this impact tool that is really effective for visibility in darker places.
- It includes a ½ hog ring which helps in easy and fast socket changes.
- Chemical resistant housing is another important feature of this impact wrench.
- It is user-friendly and comfortable. It supports automotive friendly settings.
- PORTER-CABLE PCC740B is a lightweight and handy tool. You can carry it to any site.
- This tool comes with a package of 3 years warranty.
- It has a full variable speed trigger that can be adjusted for precision control.
- Battery is not provided with this item. It is sold separately so you have to but it.
When we talk about its special features, it is better than other tools. Its weight is 5.85 pounds. Its dimensions are 13.8 x 10.3 x 3.7 inches. Its power source is battery powered. 20 volts are required to run this impact wrench. Lithium Ion batteries are necessary to operate this cordless impact wrench.
As far as, its battery capacity is concerned, it is 1500 MAh. Usually, 3 to 5 hours are required to charge its battery fully. It has a variable torque speed; its maximum torque can be 250N.m/2213 in-lbs. Its light weight and compact design makes it easier to reach hard and narrow areas without any hindrance.
If you have to hold this wrench for long hours, its rubber handle provides extra care to your hands and you will not feel exhausted after hour’s job. It has 3 bright LED lights which are really helpful to see in the darkness while working. Now, the other question that comes to your mind is what is included in the box.
It has a complete package which includes almost all necessities like 1 charger, 1 tool bag, 4 sockets of different sizes,1 user booklet,1 Lithium Ion battery pack with the size of 1.5 A and 1 Avid power cordless impact wrench.
- It has an interesting feature that is its reverse and forward button. With the help of this button, you can move it easily in your desired direction.
- Some users complain that it does not show enough power for heavy duty applications.
Makita XWT08Z LXT is a cordless impact wrench that delivers 740 ft.lbs of torque. Its breakaway torque is 1180 ft.lbs that shows the power of this cordless impact wrench. This product comes with a brushless motor that helps to run this product for longer hours.
The weight of Makita XWT08Z LXT is 8 pounds. Its dimensions are 10*10.3*3.9 inches. This product comes with a built-in 3-speed power selection button. This feature allows the precise fastening control. There is a ½ inch anvil with friction ring and its Lithium-ion battery allows working for longer hours.
- This cordless impact wrench has an electronically controlled motor that boosts the use of this product for longer times.
- This product allows 3-speed adjustments that enhance the fastening control.
- Its BL brushless motor is quite good that keeps this product cool while using.
- In this product, Lithium-ion battery has been used. This battery is known for its durability.
- This is a perfect tool for different need users like iron and steel workers, pipe fitters, forming carpenters etc.
- Its thread can get damaged due to misuse.
- Beginners are required to pay attention that how they can use this tool.
Ingersoll Rand W7150 is a cordless impact wrench that is specifically designed for nut busting. Its dimensions are 9.4 x 3 x 8.8 inches. This cordless impact wrench comes with Lithium-ion batteries.
Ingersoll Rand W7150 is a bare tool and its weight is 6.4 pounds. It is a high torque impact tool with 780 ft – Ibs reverse torque and 1100 Ibs of nut busting torque. Its speed is 1900 RPM.
- Ingersoll Rand W7150 is a lightweight impact wrench and but strong exterior offers maximum protection for the internal components.
- Its steel lined hammer case is durable and strong enough to carry out tough tasks.
- It is user-friendly and really convenient. Usually, your arms get tired while handling high impact wrench but it lessens your fatigue.
- This tool is really beneficial for professional technicians because it will help them in heavy-duty jobs that they perform on daily basis.
- A battery or charger is not available within the package. So, you have to buy both these accessories separately.
Dobetter impact wrench is well appreciated as a professional retailer of hand and power tools. 20 volts are required to run this cordless wrench. Its battery capacity is 1500mAh. Its dimensions are 12.9 x 9.3 x 3.2 inches. It cannot be operated without Lithium Ion batteries.
It has a smooth, flexible rubber jacket which gives extra care and protection to your hands. If you tend to work for long hours, its ergonomic rubber grip provides you easy and comfortable grip while holding it. Your hands will not slip due to sweating when you have to use this impact wrench for long intervals.
It also includes a belt hook which is specifically designed to ease your job when you have to work at higher speeds. It has an electronic motor which is really helpful to reduce the pressure on impact wrench against overload and as a result, its life is increased.
This impact wrench comes with one power charger that can be charged fastly within an hour. Moreover, it also offers 4 different sizes of sockets 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″, 7/8″. When, we talk about its torque, it has a variable torque speed; for nut busting: torque requirement is 300 N.m. On the other hand tightening torque is 250 N.m.
- You do not need to spend some extra money on batteries, as they are already included in this package.
- Unfortunately, if your batteries are out of order, no extra batteries are available to complete your task.
Milwaukee Cordless impact wrench 2763 is a ½ inch that facilitates its user with superior performance. The maximum fastening torque of this product is 700 ft-lbs whereas the nut busting torque of this product is up to 1100 ft-lbs. This product offers 2x more runtime.
Milwaukee 2763 is a product that has a Powerstate brushless motor and it delivers high performance. This product comes with a built in feature of Red Link Plus intelligence.
This intelligence system allows user to select between the two fastening modes. Mode 1 can deliver up to 100 lbs of fastening torque whereas mode 2 can deliver up to 700 lbs of fastening torque.
The weight of Milwaukee 2763 is 15 pounds and its dimensions are 16.1*4.3*12.6 inches. This product comes with Red Lithium XC 4.0 battery pack. It has a ½ inch Anvil with friction ring. This Anvil allows fast and easy socket changes.
- This product offers more run time as compared to other impact wrenches.
- This product has long battery life.
- Powerstate brushless motor delivers high performance to its users.
- Its torque power is great.
- This is an ideal product for industrial mechanics, masons, vehicle owners, automotive mechanics and builders.
- Charger and carrying case is provided with this product so users do not need to buy them separately.
- 1/2 inch Anvil with friction ring allows easy socket retention.
- This product offers 2 mode drive controls so users can switch between these two modes according to the nature of their work.
- Battery of this product needs regular charging.
- This is not suitable for heavy fastening duties.
Ryboi P261 is a cordless ½ inch impact wrench. This product comes with all One+ tools and it works with the help of all One+ batteries. This product comes with 3 built-in speed selectors and it allows 300 ft. lbs of torque that shows its strength.
Ryobi P261 is a compact impact wrench and its weight is 3.45 pounds. The dimensions of this product are 3*8*7.8 inches. This product comes with built-in Tri LED lights. These LED lights allow working in dark areas where other lights cannot reach.
- Ryobi impact wrench is a product that is quite useful for heavy duty application jobs.
- It is a cordless impact wrench so it does not need continuous charging.
- Tri-LED lights allow the working of this tool in darkness.
- 3-speed selectors allow speed adjustment of this product from 0 to 3200 impacts per minutes.
- It can be instantly used after opening the box because it has Ryobi One +18 V battery systems.
- Ryobi P261 is a brushed model so it becomes hot quickly as compared to other brushless models.
- It does not offer a carry kit so you need a separate bag for storage.
BOSCH IWH181 is the most compact impact wrench and it is quite short in size as compared to the other products that are available in the market. This product is quite light in weight but its working is very fast. It provides its users with 1600 lbs of torque.
This BOSCH IWH181 product also offers the feature of the LED light. This feature allows the use of this product even in the darkness. Its weight is 7.2 pounds and the dimensions of this product are 13.5*11*4.5 inches. This product offers the highest BPM which is 3200 BPM.
- This product is 25% lighter as compared to its competitors. So it is quite easy to use this product.
- This product has a built-in LED light and even allows working in the darkness.
- This is a battery powered product and its Lithium-Ion batteries enhance its productivity.
- It offers more than 3200 BPM that is quite high as compared to its competitors available in the market.
- Two batteries are provided with this product that makes the working possible without any need to charge again and again.
- There is no such disadvantage of this product. This is quite light in weight so sometimes it becomes a bit difficult to hold this product when the speed is high.
Craftsman C3 ½ can be a new addition in your tool kit. It provides a good experience with a battery operated system. This heavy-duty cordless impact wrench offers 0 – 3000RPM and IPM. 4 Ah XCP Lithium-ion – batteries are required for this tool. Its weight is 2.2 pounds.
Its dimensions are 16.7x9x3.6 inches. 3 built-in LED lights are placed on this tool and utilized whenever you need to brighten up your workplace.
- Craftsman C3 ½ impact wrench drives the toughest bolts without any difficulty.
- Most importantly, its battery can perform really well in extreme weather conditions from 5 to 158 degrees.
- A multi-chemistry charger is available when its battery is running out. Within a few minutes, it will be charged and you can get back to your work.
- This impact wrench is well appreciated for certain reasons e.g. it is sturdy, handy, user – friendly and flashy. It is the perfect choice to get the job done right.
- Its powerful motor generates 0 – 3000RPM for securing or loosening nuts and locks which is great.
- It has a square anvil with detent pin holding almost 3000 impact per minute and torque goes up to 300 ft Ibs.
- This cordless impact wrench does not have any shortcomings.
Impact Driver VS Impact Wrench
Impact drivers are generally light in weight and they are used for driving different screws. Impact drivers generally use ¼ inch hex drive for driving screws but this ¼ inch hex drive can be easily converted into the ½ inch square drive. After converting this ¼ inch hex drive into a ½ inch square drive, users can easily use this tool with socket drivers.
Impact drivers perform excellently in those situations where standard drills cannot work appropriately. Impact drivers are very practical products and they can be ideally used for DIY/ home chores purpose. These drivers are more user friendly product as compared to the full size impact wrench.
Impact wrench is regarded as the bulkier, heavier and powerful tool as compared to the impact driver. These wrenches generally use ½ inch square drive and they have been designed for fastening and loosening sockets. Impact wrenches are used to remove extremely big and tight sockets.
Industrial mechanics are used to perform heavy screwing tasks with the help of the impact wrenches because they deliver high torque. Like impact driver, impact wrench delivers consecutive rational blows to fasten or loosen the lug nuts, bolts etc. It is hard to imagine a professional automotive garage or a fabrication shop without the impact wrenches.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a cordless impact wrench used for?
An impact wrench is a type of tool that is used to tighten or loosen bolts and screws. The tool uses an electric motor to create a high-speed impact that can easily break or remove screws. Impact wrenches are most commonly used in construction and repair, but they are also useful for automotive repairs.
Are cordless impact wrenches any good?
Cordless impact wrenches are becoming more popular as they offer many benefits over traditional wrenches. They are lighter and easier to use, making them a good choice for people who are often working in tight spaces. They also have a longer battery life, so they can be used for longer periods of time without having to recharge.
Can cordless impact wrench remove lug nuts?
Cordless impact wrenches are a great tool for removing lug nuts on cars. They can easily remove the nuts without having to use any tools that are attached to the car.
Can we use a regular socket with impact wrench?
Regular sockets can be used with impact wrenches, but they may not be the best option. Impact wrenches can create more wear and tear on sockets, and they may not fit properly. If you are using an impact wrench with a regular socket, make sure to use the correct size socket and to use a torque wrench to ensure the correct tightening level.
Why we use impact wrenches?
We use impact wrenches because they use consecutive blows for providing maximum torque.
Can an impact wrench be used like an impact driver?
An impact wrench can be used like an impact driver, but it is not as powerful. It is best used for smaller tasks.
These are some best cordless impact wrench tool which come with different features. If you are looking for best cordless impact wrench your decision should be based on picking the one which suits your needs like how much torque, speed and power you need for your heavy and medium duty applications.
Visit Other Review
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Best Cordless Impact Wrench
- Benefits of Using Best Cordless Impact Wrench
- 10 Best Cordless Impact Wrench
- 1. DEWALT (DCF899HB) 20V MAX XR Impact Wrench
- 2. PORTER-CABLE PCC740B 1/2″ Cordless Impact Wrench
- 3. Avid Power MCIW326 20V MAX Cordless Impact Wrench
- 4. Makita XWT08Z LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless
- 5. Ingersoll Rand W7150 1/2-Inch High-Torque Impact Wrench
- 6. Dobetter-DBCIW20 1/2″ Cordless Impact Wrench
- 7. Milwaukee 2763-22 m18 1/2 Inch Impact Wrench
- 8. Ryobi P261 18 Volt One+ 3-Speed 1/2 Inch Cordless Impact Wrench
- 9. Bosch IWH181-01 18-Volt Lithium-Ion
- 10. Craftsman C3 ½” Heavy Duty
- Impact Driver VS Impact Wrench
- Frequently Asked Questions