There are many people who consider that cordless drills are the most professional tools. However, impact drivers are much better than these drills. Impact drivers are the most professional tools that can drive screws at the surprising speed.
The impact drivers are popular among homeowners and professionals alike. They have been changed over time, and have been successful with the introduction of bit sets with hex shank accessories.
These accessories have been especially designed to bear the stress that is imposed by an impact driver on a bit.
There are two types of impact drivers available in the market that is corded and cordless impact drivers. So you can select the best battery powered impact driver according to your requirements.
Features to consider in the best cordless impact drivers
Well it is really very important to know what are the key features that must be considered at the time of buying the best cordless impact drivers? Let’s discuss these points.
The rpm of an impact driver is important because it determines how fast the tool will drive screws. A higher rpm will speed up the process of driving screws, while a lower rpm will be slower. Additionally, a higher rpm will also be more powerful.
The torque of an impact driver is important because it determines how much force the tool can generate. The higher the torque, the more powerful the tool. Some impact drivers have a high torque rating, while others have a lower torque rating. It’s important to choose an impact driver with the appropriate torque for the job you’re trying to do.
Ergonomics is a feature that distinguishes a good impact driver from the others. Ergonomics means the ease to use an impact driver.
This feature really makes sense because the drivers that are not comfortable for use can make you lethargic. You may feel exhausted and they may affect your task.
Well the best cordless impact driver is one that comes with so many attachments. You may have to work in close quarters or in open areas so the proper attachments are mandatory.
Many brands offer multiple attachments with the product that is highly appreciated as there is no need to spend on buying them separately. An impact driver with multiple attachments makes a driver more versatile.
Cordless impact drivers that feature the brushless motor are good to work with. These motors really enhance the efficiency of drivers and another advantage of these motors is that they allow its users the multiple settings.
Brushless motors really make your investment long lasting as they prevent the driver from overheating and thus protect your tool against any damage.
LED Light Indicator
Some Cordless impact drivers come with a built in LED light indicators. These indicators help to know the battery status of the product.
These drivers are preferred as they facilitate in your working. It is possible to charge driver on time to avoid any inconvenience during work.
Batteries and Chargers
If you’re looking to buy a cordless impact driver, it’s important to consider the batteries and chargers that come with it. Many cordless impact drivers come with two types of batteries: a lithium ion battery and a battery charger. Lithium ion batteries are the most common type of battery and are usually more powerful than battery chargers.
Some cordless impact drivers also come with a power tool battery pack. This is a rechargeable battery pack that contains two or more batteries and a charger. You can use the power tool battery pack to power your cordless impact driver when you’re not near an outlet.
An impact driver is a powerful tool used to remove screws, bolts and nails. The key Chuck is the part of the impact driver that attaches to the bit. The Chuck determines the torque, or force, that the impact driver can generate.
An electronic clutch is a feature that is found on a number of cordless impact drivers. This allows the driver to start and stop more quickly, which can be helpful when working with delicate materials.
Best Cordless Impact Driver Review
DEWALT DCF887B impact driver DCF887B is an impact driver that has a built-in brushless motor. It is very light in weight. This 20V impact driver has a compact design so it can be adjusted easily in tight or narrow spaces for fastening and drilling tasks.
It is 2mm shorter in size from the previous models resultantly enhancing the productivity of this tool.
Another important feature of this DEWALT DCF887B driver is the LED lights. There are 3 LED lights that allow working in darkness. This Lithium Ion impact driver features variable speed triggers.
Its speed can be adjusted from 0 to 1000, 2800 and 3250. This feature of speed setting has been introduced with Precision Drive which gives more control.
It also allows optimized application versatility of this device for speed. No battery or charger is provided with this product.Dimensions of this product are 8*3*5.9 inches.
This product incorporates ¼” hex chuck which allows one handed loading, making it easier to work. A belt clip is provided with this product.
- DEWALT DCF887B impact driver features built-in brushless motor with XR Li-Ion batteries which deliver the better running time in comparison to other batteries.
- Its weight is just 2 pounds so it is very easy to handle this tool and complete task for longer hours.
- This impact driver is small in size so it can be used in narrow spaces for precision without any problem.
- It features 3 LED lights with twenty seconds delay after releasing the trigger. So in darkness; it allows you to continue your work.
- 3-speed settings give more control to the user for different fastening and drilling tasks.
- Charger or battery is not provided with this impact driver. You have to buy it separately.
- This is a very compact and lightweight driver so it cannot be used for heavy-duty tasks.
BLACK and DECKER Impact driver BDCI20C is 20 V Max impact driver. Its nominal voltage is 18V. Its maximum initial battery voltage has been measured without any workload and i.e. 20 volts.
It is a compact and lightweight impact driver. It incorporates a ¼ inches Hex Chuck which provides quick release.
This BLACK+DECKER BDCI20C features a high-performance transmission which delivers a maximum torque of 1375 in-lbs. The machines offer two variable speeds
- 0-3000 RPM
- 0-39000 BPM
Its weight is 3.5 pounds and product dimension is 7.9 x 3 x 9 inches.
- It has a ¼ inches hex chuck which makes it easy to change bits with one handed motion.
- It is very light and compact in weight, making it suitable to handle overhead projects well.
- It is great for DIY projects due to its sturdy design, also enabling you to handle some light and medium fastening and drilling tasks.
- It uses a lithium-ion battery which provides long-lasting performance.
- It does not have an in-built LED light which makes it impossible to work in dark places without carrying separate LED light.
- It is not suitable for doing heavy duty tasks.
- It does not have a belt clip which can make jobs otherwise very easy.
Milwaukee impact driver 2656 – 20 M 18 cordless ¼ Hex is the most powerful impact driver, which has been designed to provide the best power compared to its size among other impact drivers.
This product exhibits some prominent features like LED lights, which keep your workspace illuminated. These LED lights are positioned just under the quick – connect chuck.
Its compact design is synchronized with the textured rubber grip to handle this impact driver in slippery conditions. This tool offers a variable speed trigger.
All you need is to exert the pressure on the trigger to match the amount of power required for driving. This trigger can operate the motor to create up to 3450 impacts for every minute.
Redlink Technology is another important feature of Milwaukee 2656 – 20 M 18. Electronics inside this tool deals with the M18 batteries to minimize the chances of overheating, as a result this impact driver works more effectively.
The lithium-ion battery has been included in this impact driver. Its dimensions are 2.9×5.7×7.8 inches. It is composed of plastic and steel material. This impact driver provides 0- 2750 RPM. The maximum range of its torque is 1,500 in. lbs.
- This impact driver can easily support you in your DIY home projects. It is a tough tool and it is good enough for medium range maintenance tasks in the construction site.
- It is a user-friendly, compact and lightweight impact driver. So, it is ideal for use in narrow or confined spaces. It can be easily carried to any place. It makes easy for the user to work in awkward angles.
- It offers Built-in LED lights so you do not have to juggle up in dark places with separate LED lights.
- Milwaukee 2656 – 20 M 18 has a frameless 4 – pole motor, which maintains its high performance.
- It has a battery fuel gauge that helps you comprehend, how much charging is left in your battery.
- It is available with a rapid change ¼ hex chuck.
- It can reach to the speed up to 2750 RPM, enabling you to quickly complete your tasks.
- It is sold as a bare product. Its batteries and charger are sold separately.
- No option is available for variable speed setting.
Bosch impact driver PS41 2A is a 1/4Inch Hex Impact Driver. It is a cordless driver. It has been designed keeping in view the toughest tasks of different job sites. It offers the very small head length of merely 5.4 inches which is exclusive for this model. As the machine is compact in size so it is easier to work in narrow areas.
This product is very light in weight. Its weight is just 2.1lbs so it helps to avoid fatigue while working. Although it is small in size but this impact driver delivers a torque of 930 inches-lbs.
Bosch PS41-2A impact driver can produce an RPM of 0-2,600 and 0-3,100 BPM.
Dimensions of this impact driver Bosch PS41-2A are 12.6*9.7*4.1 inches. This 1/4inch hex impact driver comes with an incorporated fuel gauge that allows easy battery management.
The kit of this Bosch PS41-2A includes 2 lithium ion batteries, 2 screwdriver bits, a charger and a bag for carrying the product.
- It is very useful for drilling and fastening applications in congested areas as the head length of this tool is just 5.4 inches.
- 2 lithium-Ion batteries are provided in the kit. These batteries are highly durable as compared to other batteries.
- It is light in weight as it is just 2.1 lbs. So it is easy to carry while working and does not give fatigue to the user.
- Built-in fuel gauge is a promising feature of this product that allows easy battery management by giving information about when to charge battery.
- Its central hex shaft is not so straight so it shakes while pulling the trigger which can lose your control on the driver.
- The diameter of the grip handle is very large as compared to other tools making it unsuitable or uneasy for people with small hands.
This PORTER CABLE impact driver PCCK640LB is a cordless impact driver kit which features a very high-performance motor with high torque of 1450 in. lbs.
It comes with 20 V Max lithium ion batteries with 1.5 AMP. It incorporates an LED work light. It has an easy ¼ load chuck which allows the user to insert bits single-handedly. Its weight is 3.2 pounds. Its dimension is 12.81 x 4.19 x 11.19 inches.
It has a battery fuel gauge which shows that how much battery is left to work with. This PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB kit comes with nut drivers, hand tools and screwdrivers. It also comes with variable speed transmission i.e. 0-2,900 RPM and 0-3,000 BPM.
- The built-in battery gauge helps to know the user that when a battery is going to drain out, enabling user to charge in time.
- Its compact design makes it suitable for working in tighter places and reaches the areas which are difficult otherwise to work in. As it is also light in weight, it gives lesser user fatigue.
- LED work light illuminates the place where you are working so you do not have to juggle with an extra light in dark areas.
- PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB allows quick fastening applications due to its high-performance transmission.
- Its compact size makes it easy to carry around in any tool bag.
- Although this impact PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB driver can be used in many fastening applications, but it gets overheated when used continuously.
Milwaukee impact driver 2462-20 M12 is a ¼ inch, 12Volts cordless impact driver. It facilitates you with top performance in a very compact package. It is a lightweight product and it weighs only 2.3 pounds.
This impact driver features built-in LED lighting that illuminates your working subject. Dimensions of Milwaukee 2462-20 are 7*1.8*6.5 inches. It is made of high carbon steel. The motor of this unit is quite powerful and it can provide to 1000 in.
lbs of torque at 2500 RPM. The onboard fuel gauge is incorporated in this model which helps you know that how much battery is left to work with.
This impact driver also features AMBIDEXTROUS belt clip which can simply be attached on sides for both rights and left-handed people. Every product has its pros and cons and same is the case with Milwaukee 2462-20 impact driver. These as follows:
- It is basically a rubber-molded pistol so its grip increases friction between your hand and the tool. In case of slippery conditions, it enables optimal handling.
- It is a cordless impact driver so it can be moved to any place for working.
- Another promising feature of this impact driver is the fuel gauge light. It informs you about the battery status of this driver.
- Milwaukee 2462-20 M12 impact driver has been designed with the internal computer technology that allows cross-communication between the two systems. Benefit of this technology is that it helps to avoid overheating of the motor itself.
- The basic disadvantage of this product is that it comes as a bare tool.
- It is not suitable for heavy duty drilling and fastening applications.
DEWALT DC825B impact driver is a ¼ inch, 18-volt cordless impact driver. This compact, impact driver tool helps with a wide range of fastening applications as it features 1330 in-lbs of torque. It has variable speed trigger options. It is suitable for many lightweights to medium range maintenance tasks.
The product also features a very durable and high-speed motor which delivers RPM of 0-2400 and 0-2700 IPM, resultantly increasing productivity. It has a frameless motor technology.
This driver allows superior airflow, which enhances the durability of its motor and extends its life. For easier serviceability, the DEWALT DC825B has replaceable brushes. Its dimensions are 5.8 x 6.7 x 4.1 inches.
- It is a very compact impact driver which can fit into small spaces, making it easier to work in congested areas which are not accessible otherwise.
- It has an anti-slip comfortable grip which gives extreme control on the driver.
- As it is very light in weight, it does not cause any fatigue to the worker.
- As it is a cordless impact driver, you do not have to worry about the continuous power supply.
- This DEWALT DC825B impact driver is not suitable for high impact task as cannot survive extreme pressures.
- It supports Ni-Cad batteries which are not as efficient as Lithium-ion based batteries.
Ryobi impact driver One + P 236 impact driver is specifically designed for fastener driving experience. It offers 3200 revolutions per minute and 1600 inch pounds of torque. Its features are more enhanced as compared to other models and it will help you to ease the process of drilling and driving.
LED lights are located near the chuck and it brightens up your workplace whenever you need. A rubber mold on the pistol helps you to keep a tight hold on this tool even in slippery conditions.
Another important feature of this impact driver is its tool-free bit changing kit. Just plug the bit into the lob to lock it in. It also has a magnetic tray that keeps you hands-free for some extra stability as you can place bits and tools on it.
Its dimensions are 12x 3x 9. It supports the lithium-ion battery. Ryobi One + P 236 impact driver is sold as only a power tool, no batteries included.
- Ryobi One +18 V is more quick and efficient impact driver. Its Lithium-ion battery keeps the power lasting for the whole day.
- It is convenient and user-friendly. Usually, your arms get tired while driving screws on the overhead area but this is so light that it does not give you fatigue.
- It is a tough tool. It can easily drive a lock through brick. It can fix ¼ hex bolts without any difficulty. It does not require an adapter.
- It is a good replacement for the hammer drill.
- It’s Tri-beam LED lights will not switch on without help of user pushing down the trigger, which kills the idea of having an LED light on this impact driver.
- Secondly, its light will not stay on for a long time so you cannot work continuously in dark areas.
Makita impact driver XDT111 is a cordless impact driver. It has 1,460 in lbs. of torque which is used for a variety of fastening applications. This impact driver comes with the variable speed of RPM 0-2900 and IPM 0-3500.
Makita XDT111 comes with Makita-4 pole motor with an incorporated 4 brush design which delivers 26% of more (RPM) Revolutions Per Minute without decreasing torque. It has 18V LXT Lithium-Ion, 3.0 Ah battery. It has all metal gear housing which increases job site durability. Its hex shank is ¼ inches.
Makita XDT111 has been built with an ergonomic and compact design as it is only 5-3/8 inches long. Its weight is 10.3 lbs. including battery which makes it one of the heaviest impact drivers in the competitive market.
It has a rubber grip for increased control. Its dimension is 5.6 x 16.9 x 13 in. It uses metric measurement system. It also has built in LED lights.
- It is a compact yet high powered drill which has been built to sustain a variety of external pressures.
- Makita XDT111 has Makita’s anvil impact mechanism and propriety hammer.
- It comes with built-in LED lights which makes it easy to enlighten dark areas.
- Its compact size makes small, curved and tight areas accessible to do all maintenance tasks and for fastening and drilling tasks.
- The rubber grip gives immense control over the machine as it has been designed ergonomically to fit in your hands.
- It has a lithium-ion battery which charges fast and is known for its efficiency.
- Makita XDT111 features Star Protection Computer Control Technology which is exclusive for this brand. This is an innovative technology which allows its battery to monitor data exchange and communication between the lithium-ion battery and the tool, ultimately guarding against any over-discharging, overloading and overheating.
- Although it is a compact driver but it is very heavy in weight which gives extra burden while working.
SKIL PWRCore 20 ID573902 is a great product that delivers efficient performance. Its brushless motor makes the driving process just a breeze for you.
This product comes with a Lithium Ion PWR Core 20 2.0 Ah battery. PWR jump charger is also provided with this tool for the convenience of the users.
It has an ability to charge 25 % battery in 5 minutes and 100% battery is charged in just 45 minutes. So users can continue their work without any delay.
This product offers the two speed control so high and low speed allows you to solve the different fastening issues without any trouble.
This is an easy to carry product as the weight of this tool is just 5.18 pounds. The other dimensions of this product are 5.7*2.8*8 inches.
There is a USB port too in the battery and it facilitates the charging of many other devices that is a great feature. Feature of durability is also really high as the use of Lithium Ion battery enhances the efficiency and life of this tool.
- This is a powerful product that provides longer run time to its users.
- Its feature of two speed settings is great as it allows the use of this tool for plenty of fastening applications.
- There is no down time of this tool as its automatic PWR jump is amazing because it charges the battery of this tool in just 5 minutes.
- Not so heavy product.
- There is a USB in its battery that allows the charging of other devices too.
- This product lacks torque limiter so you can over do the thin
Metabo HPT 18V WH18DGL is a really powerful cordless impact driver that offers 1280 in/lbs of turning torque. This amazing torque rate allows you to handle the difficult tasks even in the confined spaces.
On the other hand, it’s up to 2400 RPM to 3200RPM facilitates its users with the utmost driving speed. This is a light weight product as the weight of this cordless impact wrench is just 3.1 pounds. The other dimensions of this product are 15.2*11.4*4.2 inches.
Metabo HPT 18V WH18DGL comes with two Lithium Ion batteries that really enhance the working and the feature of durability of this driver. Variable speed trigger makes this product more useful for multiple tasks.
- Such a light weight impact driver that can be ported everywhere.
- Once the batteries are charged fully, you can carry on your tasks without any delay.
- Feature of LED light is amazing as it illuminates the working surface for you so that you could continue your work even in the dim light.
- ¼ inch keyless chuck helps you a lot in the replacement of simple bits.
- Variable speed trigger enhances the utility of this tool.
- There is no torque clutch in this tool.
- Some users’ dislike this product because it does not have a fuel gauge.
- Belt hook is missing in this product.
This Craftsman impact driver C3 is a 19.2 Volt Drill/driver with a combo kit. It comes with two variable speed 0-350 and 0-1300 RPM. It has a 2-speed gearbox which allows either for high-speed applications or for high torque.
It is ½ inch single sleeve and keyless chuck which allows to tight bits securely in places without the key.
These Craftsman C3 impact drivers come with 16 x 6 x 6 inches dimensions and have a weight of 2 pounds. It has 19.2 volts of Lithium-ion batteries. It gives three variable speeds which makes it easy to do all fastening and drilling tasks. It has an in-built LED light.
- The LED light incorporated in this Craftsman C3 is a great pro as it illuminates dark places. The light remains on for six seconds after the trigger, enabling you to double check your work.
- This product has a slightly textured grip material which gives ergonomic feel and immense control while working.
- This brushed impact driver with three variable speeds makes different fastening and drilling applications easy.
- Craftsman C3 does not have a magnetic tray to hold nuts and tools which makes job a little bit difficult.
How To Use An Impact Driver
At a first glance, impact drivers look like a drill but in actual they are quite different tools. An impact driver is basically designed to drive multiple screws and bolts that become difficult in case of drill.
Impact driver is an amazing product that delivers 2 to 3 times more torque than a regular drill and the chances of getting your wrist twisted are also less. Impact driver allows you to drive these screws with more precision.
Users who are thinking to add this tool in their kit, they need to spend in some quality ¼ inch hex bits because they can easily fit to any screw head. The biggest advantage of an impact driver is that it can be used as a drill when needed.
Purpose of impact driver bits is to withstand more stress or torque so users can select a reasonable set of bits for their working.
In impact driver, there is no adjustable clutch and they are a bit louder as compared to drills or other drivers. But there is no need to wear ear protection if you want to use this product for a short period.
What Are Impact Drivers Used For
Impact driver is an amazing tool that can solve your problems in no time. If you are a person who has not heard about this tool then think about the mechanics who are used to open the lug nuts of car wheel in no time.
Most often they use the impact drivers for this purpose. Impact drivers are used for performing so many driving tasks.
It becomes easy to tighten or fasten lug nuts, bolts and other nuts. These drivers are a right choice for industrial professionals. On the other hand, home owners also find these drivers handy and they consider it an important part of their tool kit.
Market is loaded with different types of impact drivers and they look like same but in actual they are different from one another.
Cordless impact drivers are handier than corded one as they do not need to plug in and feature of portability is important in these drivers.
Impact drivers facilitate fixing and fastening into different materials like concrete, metal, wood etc. In short impact driver is a handy product that can solve so many problems.
Aforementioned is a list of ten impact drivers where almost all can serve the purpose of a drill also but only a few can work as a hammer drill. When it comes to choosing the best cordless impact driver, it is only you who can decide which one can work best for you depending on your needs.
Milwaukee 2462-20 M12, Makita XDT111 and Ryobi One + P 236 impact drivers seem some interesting choices for conducting light to medium range fastening, drilling and driving tasks due to the incorporated torque, speed setting and the structure which can sustain external pressures.
You should make your decision about buying the best cordless impact driver based on your working requirements, the weight you can handle and speed and torque you need for the on-site job.
- Features to consider in the best cordless impact drivers
- Best Cordless Impact Driver Review
- 1. DEWALT 20V MAX XR Impact Driver Brushless 3 Speed
- 2. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Impact Driver Kit (BDCI20C)
- 3. Milwaukee 2656-20 M18 18V 1/4 Inch Lithium Ion Hex Impact Driver
- 4. Bosch PS41-2A Cordless Impact Driver
- 5. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Impact Driver Kit (PCCK640LB)
- 6. Milwaukee 2462-20 M12 1/4 Inch Hex Shank 12 Volt Lithium Ion Cordless 2,500 RPM
- 7. DEWALT 18V Impact Driver, 1/4-Inch, Tool Only (DC825B)
- 8. Ryobi One+ P236 18V 1/4 Inch 3,200 RPM
- 9. Makita XDT111 3.0 Ah 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit
- 10. SKIL Pwrcore 20 Brushless 20V 1/4 Hex Impact Driver – ID573902
- 11. Metabo HPT 18V Cordless Impact Driver Kit (WH18DGL)
- 12. Craftsman C3 19.2-volt 3/8-in. Lithium-ion Drill/Driver Kit
- How To Use An Impact Driver
- What Are Impact Drivers Used For