- Benefits of Using Best Cordless Impact Wrenche
- 8 Best Cordless Impact Wrenche Review
- Impact Driver VS Impact Wrench
- Things to Consider Before Buying Best Cordless Impact Wrenche
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you are thinking to buy a tool that can solve all your problems then cordless impact wrench is a right choice for you.
An impact wrench is also known with so many other names like rattle gun, air wrench, torque gun, air gun etc. Actually this tool has been designed to deliver maximum torque by putting less exertion on the user.
Initially corded impact wrenches were highly appreciated by the people but now people are highly paying great attention to cordless electric impact wrenches due to the feature of portability and versatility.
Markets are loaded with plenty of cordless impact wrenches so users can select the best cordless impact wrenches according to the nature of their work and load requirements.
Benefits of Using Best Cordless Impact Wrenche
There are so many benefits of cordless impact wrenches. Let’s have a look on these one by one.
- Highly portable: This is the biggest advantage of cordless impact wrench. This type of impact wrenches is highly portable. You do not have to plug in these wrenches which make them an ultimate choice for the users.
- It can be used anywhere: Cordless impact wrench can be used anywhere. These are battery powered products that are generally cheap. So users can perform their tasks anywhere with the help of these wrenches.
- Light in weight: Cordless impact wrench is a light weight product and it is easy to carry this product during work. It prevents its user from fatigue and extra pressures on arms.
- Saves time and energy: Cordless impact wrench is a powerful product that saves time and energy. It delivers high torque and power for completely tasks efficiently. You can use it like a pro and multiple tasks can be performed with this product in no time.
- No hazard of wires: Cordless impact wrench helps to avoid the hazard or mixing of wires. A place that is already having so many wires and if you are having one more in the form of corded impact wrench then problems may arise. Cordless feature allows better and easy use of this product.
8 Best Cordless Impact Wrenche Review
1. Ingersoll Rand W7150 Impact Wrench
Ingersoll Rand W7150 is a cordless impact wrench that is specifically designed for nut busting. Its dimensions are 9.4 x 3 x 8.8 inches. This cordless impact wrench comes with Lithium-ion batteries.
Ingersoll Rand W7150 is a bare tool and its weight is 6.4 pounds. It is a high torque impact tool with 780 ft – Ibs reverse torque and 1100 Ibs of nut busting torque. Its speed is 1900 RPM.
- Ingersoll Rand W7150 is a lightweight impact wrench and but strong exterior offers maximum protection for the internal components.
- Its steel lined hammer case is durable and strong enough to carry out tough tasks.
- It is user-friendly and really convenient. Usually, your arms get tired while handling high impact wrench but it lessens your fatigue.
- This tool is really beneficial for professional technicians because it will help them in heavy-duty jobs that they perform on daily basis.
- A battery or charger is not available within the package. So, you have to buy both these accessories separately.
2. PORTER-CABLE PCC740B 1/2″ Cordless
PORTER-CABLE PCC740B ½” is particularly manufactured for heavy applications. Lithium batteries have been incorporated in this cordless impact tool. Its dimensions are 9.9x3x 7. This tool has a powerful motor inside that generates 330 ft /Ibs torque for tough and heavy-duty tasks.
It features a short length measuring 9.9 front to back. Its weight is 5 pounds. 20 volts are required to run this impact wrench. The main function of this product is to fix large fasteners quickly and its maximum speed goes up to 1650 RPM.
- Its pro grade lithium battery provides long life and maximum performance and charging goes long way.
- An LED is fixed on this impact tool that is really effective for visibility in darker places.
- It includes a ½ hog ring which helps in easy and fast socket changes.
- Chemical resistant housing is another important feature of this impact wrench.
- It is user-friendly and comfortable. It supports automotive friendly settings.
- PORTER-CABLE PCC740B is a lightweight and handy tool. You can carry it to any site.
- This tool comes with a package of 3 years warranty.
- It has a full variable speed trigger that can be adjusted for precision control.
- Battery is not provided with this item. It is sold separately so you have to but it.
3. Craftsman C3 ½” Heavy Duty
Craftsman C3 ½ can be a new addition in your tool kit. It provides a good experience with a battery operated system. This heavy-duty cordless impact wrench offers 0 – 3000RPM and IPM. 4 Ah XCP Lithium-ion – batteries are required for this tool. Its weight is 2.2 pounds.
Its dimensions are 16.7x9x3.6 inches. 3 built-in LED lights are placed on this tool and utilized whenever you need to brighten up your workplace.
- Craftsman C3 ½ impact wrench drives the toughest bolts without any difficulty.
- Most importantly, its battery can perform really well in extreme weather conditions from 5 to 158 degrees.
- A multi-chemistry charger is available when its battery is running out. Within a few minutes, it will be charged and you can get back to your work.
- This impact wrench is well appreciated for certain reasons e.g. it is sturdy, handy, user – friendly and flashy. It is the perfect choice to get the job done right.
- Its powerful motor generates 0 – 3000RPM for securing or loosening nuts and locks which is great.
- It has a square anvil with detent pin holding almost 3000 impact per minute and torque goes up to 300 ft Ibs.
- This cordless impact wrench does not have any shortcomings.
4. Bosch IWH181-01 18-Volt Lithium-Ion
BOSCH IWH181 is the most compact impact wrench and it is quite short in size as compared to the other products that are available in the market. This product is quite light in weight but its working is very fast. It provides its users with 1600 lbs of torque.
This BOSCH IWH181 product also offers the feature of the LED light. This feature allows the use of this product even in the darkness. Its weight is 7.2 pounds and the dimensions of this product are 13.5*11*4.5 inches. This product offers the highest BPM which is 3200 BPM.
- This product is 25% lighter as compared to its competitors. So it is quite easy to use this product.
- This product has a built-in LED light and even allows working in the darkness.
- This is a battery powered product and its Lithium-Ion batteries enhance its productivity.
- It offers more than 3200 BPM that is quite high as compared to its competitors available in the market.
- Two batteries are provided with this product that makes the working possible without any need to charge again and again.
- There is no such disadvantage of this product. This is quite light in weight so sometimes it becomes a bit difficult to hold this product when the speed is high.
5. Ryobi P261 18 Volt One+ 3-Speed 1/2 Inch
Ryboi P261 is a cordless ½ inch impact wrench. This product comes with all One+ tools and it works with the help of all One+ batteries. This product comes with 3 built-in speed selectors and it allows 300 ft. lbs of torque that shows its strength.
Ryobi P261 is a compact impact wrench and its weight is 3.45 pounds. The dimensions of this product are 3*8*7.8 inches. This product comes with built-in Tri LED lights. These LED lights allow working in dark areas where other lights cannot reach.
- Ryobi impact wrench is a product that is quite useful for heavy duty application jobs.
- It is a cordless impact wrench so it does not need continuous charging.
- Tri-LED lights allow the working of this tool in darkness.
- 3-speed selectors allow speed adjustment of this product from 0 to 3200 impacts per minutes.
- It can be instantly used after opening the box because it has Ryobi One +18 V battery systems.
- Ryobi P261 is a brushed model so it becomes hot quickly as compared to other brushless models.
- It does not offer a carry kit so you need a separate bag for storage.
6. Makita XWT08Z LXT Lithium-Ion
Makita XWT08Z LXT is a cordless impact wrench that delivers 740 ft.lbs of torque. Its breakaway torque is 1180 ft.lbs that shows the power of this cordless impact wrench. This product comes with a brushless motor that helps to run this product for longer hours.
The weight of Makita XWT08Z LXT is 8 pounds. Its dimensions are 10*10.3*3.9 inches. This product comes with a built-in 3-speed power selection button. This feature allows the precise fastening control. There is a ½ inch anvil with friction ring and its Lithium-ion battery allows working for longer hours.
- This cordless impact wrench has an electronically controlled motor that boosts the use of this product for longer times.
- This product allows 3-speed adjustments that enhance the fastening control.
- Its BL brushless motor is quite good that keeps this product cool while using.
- In this product, Lithium-ion battery has been used. This battery is known for its durability.
- This is a perfect tool for different need users like iron and steel workers, pipe fitters, forming carpenters etc.
- Its thread can get damaged due to misuse.
- Beginners are required to pay attention that how they can use this tool.
7. DEWALT DCF899HB
This DEWALT DCF899HB is a cordless impact wrench that has a powerful brushless motor. This motor provides superior performance to its users. This product delivers torque of 700 ft. lbs and its breakaway torque is 1200 ft. lbs.
DEWALT DCF899HB features three speed controls to its user for the multiple applications that are 0 to 400, 1200, 1900 RPM. This product comes with a built in LED light that helps to illuminate the working surface for its users.
It has a powerful Hog Ring Anvil that is perfect for multiple fastening applications.
DEWALT DCF899HB is a compact product and its weight is 6.4 pounds. The dimensions of this product are 9.9*4.2*10.6 inches. Lithium Ion batteries are used in this product that greatly help to enhance the efficiency of this product.
This is a light weight product but it can easily handle 6 to 8 ft. drop. It can resist to cleaners, chemicals, grease.
- This is a light weight product so it prevents its user from fatigue during work.
- Feature of built-in LED light is amazing as it allows users to work in less illuminated or dark areas.
- This is an ergonomic tool.
- This is a portable product so it can be carried anywhere.
- Speed selector allows the selection of right amount of torque depending on the requirement of the work.
- It has a battery fuel gauge indicator which indicates that how much battery is left.
- This Dewalt wrench is a compact product that is why it can be used even in tighter spaces.
- It has a powerful brushless motor that delivers high torque.
- Battery and charger are not provided with this product. Users need to buy these accessories separately.
- This is a very loud product.
8. Milwaukee 2763
Milwaukee 2763 is a ½ inch impact wrench that facilitates its user with superior performance. The maximum fastening torque of this product is 700 ft-lbs whereas the nut busting torque of this product is up to 1100 ft-lbs. This product offers 2x more runtime.
Milwaukee 2763 is a product that has a Powerstate brushless motor and it delivers high performance. This product comes with a built in feature of Red Link Plus intelligence.
This intelligence system allows user to select between the two fastening modes. Mode 1 can deliver up to 100 lbs of fastening torque whereas mode 2 can deliver up to 700 lbs of fastening torque.
The weight of Milwaukee 2763 is 15 pounds and its dimensions are 16.1*4.3*12.6 inches. This product comes with Red Lithium XC 4.0 battery pack. It has a ½ inch Anvil with friction ring. This Anvil allows fast and easy socket changes.
- This product offers more run time as compared to other impact wrenches.
- This product has long battery life.
- Powerstate brushless motor delivers high performance to its users.
- Its torque power is great.
- This is an ideal product for industrial mechanics, masons, vehicle owners, automotive mechanics and builders.
- Charger and carrying case is provided with this product so users do not need to buy them separately.
- 1/2 inch Anvil with friction ring allows easy socket retention.
- This product offers 2 mode drive controls so users can switch between these two modes according to the nature of their work.
- Battery of this product needs regular charging.
- This is not suitable for heavy fastening duties.
Impact Driver VS Impact Wrench
Impact Driver: Impact drivers are generally light in weight and they are used for driving different screws. Impact drivers generally use ¼ inch hex drive for driving screws but this ¼ inch hex drive can be easily converted into the ½ inch square drive. After converting this ¼ inch hex drive into a ½ inch square drive, users can easily use this tool with socket drivers.
Impact drivers perform excellently in those situations where standard drills cannot work appropriately. Impact drivers are very practical products and they can be ideally used for DIY/ home chores purpose. These drivers are more user friendly product as compared to the full size impact wrench.
Impact Wrench: Impact wrench is regarded as the bulkier, heavier and powerful tool as compared to the impact driver. These wrenches generally use ½ inch square drive and they have been designed for fastening and loosening sockets. Impact wrenches are used to remove extremely big and tight sockets.
Industrial mechanics are used to perform heavy screwing tasks with the help of the impact wrenches because they deliver high torque. Like impact driver, impact wrench delivers consecutive rational blows to fasten or loosen the lug nuts, bolts etc. It is hard to imagine a professional automotive garage or a fabrication shop without the impact wrenches.
Things to Consider Before Buying Best Cordless Impact Wrenche
Cordless impact wrench is an amazing product that can help you accomplishing your day to day maintenance tasks. But people often get confused when they visit market for buying a perfect tool. This is so because market is loaded with variety of products and it becomes hard to decide which will work best for you.
Here are some points that you can consider before buying these cordless impact wrenches.
- Battery type: It is necessary to consider the battery type of product before buying it. If you can invest more then you should prefer Lithium Ion batteries and they work efficiently and increase the life of product.
- Grip: Element of grip is also very important. A wrench with ergonomic grip is always preferred because if you cannot hold the wrench comfortably and tightly then how can you focus on your work.
- Motor: Pay attention to the motor of the cordless impact wrench. IPM and RPM are the two key indicators of the power of motor. If a tool has powerful motor it means that this tool will be more useful.
- Brushless or not: In addition to the torque, you need to observe that whether the impact wrench has brushless motor or not. Feature of brushless motor is normally present in premium models. This is why, a tool with brushless motor gives amazing performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can cordless impact wrench remove lug nuts?
Ans: Yes, Cordless impact wrench delivers high torque so it is easy to remove lug nuts with this product.
2. What is the highest torque cordless impact wrench?
Ans: Makita XWT08Z 18V LKT delivers the highest torque that is 740 ft/lbs.
3. Can we use a regular socket with impact wrench?
Ans: No, You cannot use because a regular socket will break or get cracked.
4. Why we use impact wrenches?
Ans: We use impact wrenches because they use consecutive blows for providing maximum torque.
5. Can an impact wrench be used like an impact driver?
Ans: Yes, somehow you can use it like an impact driver.
These are some best cordless impact wrenche tool which come with different features. If you are looking for best cordless impact wrenches your decision should be based on picking the one which suits your needs like how much torque, speed and power you need for your heavy and medium duty applications.