- 1 #1. DEWALT IMPACT DRIVER DC825B
- 2 #2. DEWALT IMPACT DRIVER DCF887B
- 3 #3. BOSCH IMPACT DRIVER PS41-2A
- 4 #4. RYOBI IMPACT DRIVER ONE + P 236
- 5 #5. MILWAUKEE IMPACT DRIVER 2656 – 20 M 18
- 6 #6. MILWAUKEE IMPACT DRIVER 2462-20 M12
- 7 #7. MAKITA IMPACT DRIVER XDT111
- 8 #8. BLACK and DECKER IMPACT DRIVER BDCI20C
- 9 #9. PORTER CABLE IMPACT DRIVER PCCK640LB
- 10 #10. CRAFTSMAN IMPACT DRIVER C3
- 11 What should you consider before buying an impact driver
- 12 Conclusion
#1. DEWALT IMPACT DRIVER DC825B
DEWALT impact driver DC825B is an ¼ inch, 18-volts cordless impact driver. This compact, impact driver tool helps with a wide range of fastening applications as it features 1330 in-lbs of torque. It has variable speed trigger options. It is suitable for many lightweight to medium range maintenance tasks.
The product also features a very durable and high-speed motor which delivers RPM of 0-2400 and 0-2700 IPM, resultantly increasing productivity. It has a frameless motor technology. This driver allows superior airflow, which enhances the durability of its motor and extend its life. For easier serviceability, the DEWALT DC825B has replaceable brushes. Its dimensions are 5.8 x 6.7 x 4.1 inches.
- It is a very compact impact driver which can fit into small spaces, making it easier to work in congested areas which are not accessible otherwise.
- It has anti-slip comfortable grip which gives extreme control on the driver.
- As it is very light in weight, it does not cause any fatigue to the worker.
- As it is a cordless impact driver, you do not have to worry about continuous power supply.
- This DEWALT DC825B impact driver is not suitable for high impact task as cannot survive extreme pressures.
- It supports Ni-Cad batteries which are not as efficient as Lithium-ion based batteries.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does this DEWALT DC825B come with a battery and charger?
Ans: No, this impact driver does not come with a battery and charger and you have to buy it separately.
2. What is the size of DEWALT DC825B?
Ans: Its size is 6.4mm.
3. What is the weight of this impact driver?
Ans: It only weighs 2.2 pounds.
#2. DEWALT IMPACT DRIVER DCF887B
DEWALT impact driver DCF887B is an impact driver that has a built-in brushless motor. It is very light in weight. This 20V impact driver has a compact design so it can be adjusted easily in tight or narrow spaces for fastening and drilling tasks. It is 2mm shorter in size from the previous models resultantly enhancing the productivity of this tool.
Another important feature of this DEWALT DCF887B driver is the LED lights. There are 3 LED lights that allow working in darkness. This Lithium Ion impact driver features variable speed triggers. Its speed can be adjusted from 0 to 1000, 2800 and 3250. This feature of speed setting has been introduced with Precision Drive which gives more control. It also allows optimized application versatility of this device for speed. No battery or charger is provided with this product.
Dimensions of this product are 8*3*5.9 inches. This product incorporates ¼” hex chuck which allows one handed loading, making it easier to work. A belt clip is provided with this product.
- DEWALT DCF887B impact driver features built-in brushless motor with XR Li-Ion batteries which deliver the better running time in comparison to other batteries.
- Its weight is just 2 pounds so it is very easy to handle this tool and complete task for longer hours.
- This impact driver is small in size so it can be used in narrow spaces for precision without any problem.
- It features 3 LED lights with twenty seconds delay after releasing the trigger. So in darkness; it allows you to continue your work.
- 3-speed settings give more control to the user for different fastening and drilling tasks.
- Charger or battery is not provided with this impact driver. You have to buy it separately.
- This is a very compact and lightweight driver so it cannot be used for heavy-duty tasks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
1. What is the weight of this impact driver?
Ans: Weight of this impact driver is 2 pounds.
2. What measurement system is used in this DCF887B driver?
Ans: Metric system is used in this impact driver.
3. Does DEWALT DCF887B come with a battery and charger?
Ans: No, it does not come with a battery or charger; you have to buy it separately.
#3. BOSCH IMPACT DRIVER PS41-2A
Bosch impact driver PS41-2A is an 1/4Inch Hex Impact Driver. It is a cordless driver. It has been designed keeping in view the toughest tasks of different job sites. It offers the very small head length of merely 5.4 inches which is exclusive for this model. As the machine is compact in size so it is easier to work in narrow areas.
This product is very light in weight. Its weight is just 2.1lbs so it helps to avoid fatigue while working. Although it is small in size but this impact driver delivers a torque of 930 inches-lbs. Bosch PS41-2A impact driver can produce an RPM of 0-2,600 and 0-3,100 BPM.
Dimensions of this impact driver Bosch PS41-2A are 12.6*9.7*4.1 inches. This 1/4inch hex impact driver comes with an incorporated fuel gauge that allows easy battery management. Kit of this Bosch PS41-2A includes 2 lithium ion batteries, 2 screwdriver bits, a charger and a bag for carrying the product.
- It is very useful for drilling and fastening applications in congested areas as the head length of this tool is just 5.4 inches.
- 2 lithium-Ion batteries are provided in the kit. These batteries are highly durable as compared to other batteries.
- It is light in weight as it is just 2.1 lbs. So it is easy to carry while working and does not give fatigue to the user.
- Built-in fuel gauge is a promising feature of this product that allows easy battery management by giving information about when to charge battery.
- Its central hex shaft is not so straight so it shakes while pulling the trigger which can lose your control on the driver.
- The diameter of the grip handle is very large as compared to other tools making it unsuitable or uneasy for people with small hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does the package include?
Ans: The package includes Bosch PS-41 impact driver, 12V 2 lithium-Ion batteries, charger, screwdriver bits and a contractor bag.
2. What are the dimensions of this package?
Ans: Its dimensions are 12.6*9.7*4.1 inches.
3. What is the material of this Bosch PS41-2A
Ans: It is made of plastic.
#4. RYOBI IMPACT DRIVER ONE + P 236
Ryobi impact driver One + P 236 impact driver is specifically designed for fastener driving experience. It offers 3200 revolutions per minute and 1600 inch pounds of torque. Its features are more enhanced as compared to other models and it will help you to ease the process of drilling and driving.
LED lights are located near the chuck and it brightens up your workplace whenever you need. A rubber mold on the pistol helps you to keep a tight hold on this tool even in slippery conditions. Another important feature of this impact driver is its tool-free bit changing kit. Just plug the bit into the lob to lock it in. It also has a magnetic tray that keeps you hands-free for some extra stability as you can place bits and tools on it.
Its dimensions are 12x 3x 9. It supports the lithium-ion battery. Ryobi One + P 236 impact driver is sold as only a power tool, no batteries included.
- Ryobi One +18 V is more quick and efficient impact driver. It’s Lithium-ion battery keeps the power lasting for the whole day.
- It is convenient and user friendly. Usually, your arms get tired while driving screws on the overhead area but this is so light that it does not give you fatigue.
- It is a tough tool. It can easily drive a lock through brick. It can fix ¼ hex bolts without any difficulty. It does not require an adapter.
- It is a good replacement for the hammer drill.
- It’s Tri-beam LED lights will not switch on without help of user pushing down the trigger, which kills the idea of having an LED light on this impact driver.
- Secondly, its light will not stay on for long time so you cannot work continuously in dark areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Ryobi One + P 236 reversible?
Ans: Yes, it does wonders at removing tough screws.
2. Is this impact driver available with its torque settings?
Ans: This driver comes with a pre-set torque, though it is variable, depending on the pressure the user applies on the trigger.
3. Does Ryobi One + P 236 come with a battery?
Ans: No, the package does not include battery you have to buy it separately.
#5. MILWAUKEE IMPACT DRIVER 2656 – 20 M 18
Milwaukee impact driver 2656 – 20 M 18 cordless ¼ Hex is the most powerful impact driver, which has been designed to provide the best power compared to its size among other impact drivers. This product exhibits some prominent features like LED lights, which keep your workspace illuminated. These LED lights are positioned just under the quick – connect chuck.
Its compact design is synchronized with the textured rubber grip to handle this impact driver in slippery conditions.
This tool offers a variable speed trigger. All you need is to exert the pressure on the trigger to match the amount of power required for driving. This trigger can operate the motor to create up to 3450 impacts for every minute.
Redlink Technology is another important feature of Milwaukee 2656 – 20 M 18. Electronics inside this tool deal with the M18 batteries to minimize the chances of overheating, as a result this impact driver works more effectively.
Lithium-ion battery has been included in this impact driver. Its dimensions are 2.9×5.7×7.8 inches. It is composed of plastic and steel material. This impact driver provides 0- 2750 RPM. The maximum range of its torque is 1,500 in. lbs.
- This impact driver can easily support you in your DIY home projects. It is a tough tool and it is good enough for medium range maintenance tasks in the construction site.
- It is user friendly, compact and lightweight impact driver. So, it is ideal for use in narrow or confined spaces. It can be easily carried to any place. It makes easy for the user to work in awkward angles.
- It offers Built-in LED lights so you do not have to juggle up in dark places with separate LED lights.
- Milwaukee 2656 – 20 M 18 has a frameless 4 – pole motor, which maintains its high performance.
- It has a battery fuel gauge that helps you comprehend, how much charging is left in your battery.
- It is available with a rapid change ¼ hex chuck.
- It can reach to the speed up to 2750 RPM, enabling you to quickly complete your tasks.
- It is sold as a bare product. Its batteries and charger are sold separately.
- No option is available for variable speed setting.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the approximate weight of Milwaukee 2656 – 20 M 18?
Ans: Its weight is 2.3 pounds.
2. Is this product brushless?
Ans: Yes, it has a brushless motor.
3. What kind of battery is included in this tool?
Ans: It uses lithium-ion battery.
#6. MILWAUKEE IMPACT DRIVER 2462-20 M12
Milwaukee impact driver 2462-20 M12 is a ¼ inch, 12Volts cordless impact driver. It facilitates you with top performance in a very compact package. It is a lightweight product and it weighs only 2.3 pounds.
This impact driver features built-in LED lighting that illuminates your working subject. Dimensions of Milwaukee 2462-20 are 7*1.8*6.5 inches. It is made of high carbon steel. Motor of this unit is quite powerful and it can provide to 1000 in. lbs of torque at 2500 RPM.
Onboard fuel gauge is incorporated in this model which helps you know that how much battery is left to work with. This impact driver also features AMBIDEXTROUS belt clip which can simply be attached on sides for both right and left handed people.
Every product has its pros and cons and same is the case with Milwaukee 2462-20 impact driver. These as follows:
- It is basically a rubber-molded pistol so its grip increases friction between your hand and the tool. In case of slippery conditions, it enables optimal handling.
- It is a cordless impact driver so it can be moved to any place for working.
- Another promising feature of this impact driver is the fuel gauge light. It informs you about the battery status of this driver.
- Milwaukee 2462-20 M12 impact driver has been designed with the internal computer technology that allows cross-communication between the two systems. Benefit of this technology is that it helps to avoid overheating of motor itself.
- The basic disadvantage of this product is that it comes as a bare tool.
- It is not suitable for heavy duty drilling and fastening applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the material of this impact driver?
Ans: It is made of high carbon steel.
2. What is the weight of this impact driver?
Ans: The weight of this impact driver is 2.3 pounds.
3. What is the power source of this impact driver?
Ans: It is a battery based product.
4. Does this Milwaukee 2462-20 M12 has dual or multiple speed settings?
Ans: Unfortunately no, this Milwaukee 2462-20 M12 does not have multiple speed or torque settings. This model only comes with forward and reverse modes.
#7. MAKITA IMPACT DRIVER XDT111
Makita impact driver XDT111 is a cordless impact driver. It has 1,460 in lbs. of torque which is used for a variety of fastening applications. This impact driver comes with the variable speed of RPM 0-2900 and IPM 0-3500. Makita XDT111 comes with Makita-4 pole motor with an incorporated 4 brush design which delivers 26% of more (RPM) Revolutions Per Minute without decreasing torque. It has 18V LXT Lithium-Ion, 3.0 Ah battery. It has all metal gear housing which increases job site durability. Its hex shank is ¼ inches.
Makita XDT111 has been built with an ergonomic and compact design as it is only 5-3/8 inches long. Its weight is 10.3 lbs. including battery which makes it one of the heaviest impact drivers in the competitive market. It has a rubber grip for increased control. Its dimension is 5.6 x 16.9 x 13 in. It uses metric measurement system. It also has built in LED lights.
- It is a compact yet high powered drill which has been built to sustain a variety of external pressures.
- Makita XDT111 has Makita’s anvil impact mechanism and propriety hammer.
- It comes with built-in LED lights which makes it easy to enlighten dark areas.
- Its compact size makes small, curved and tight areas accessible to do all maintenance tasks and for fastening and drilling tasks.
- The rubber grip gives immense control over the machine as it has been designed ergonomically to fit in your hands.
- It has lithium-ion battery which charges fast and is known for its efficiency.
- Makita XDT111 features Star Protection Computer Control Technology which is exclusive for this brand. This is an innovative technology which allows its battery to monitor data exchange and communication between lithium-ion battery and the tool, ultimately guarding against any over-discharging, overloading and overheating.
- Although it is a compact driver but it is very heavy in weight which gives extra burden while working.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. What is included in the case of Makita XDT111?
Ans: Makita XDT111 comes with a case which includes 18V LXT impact driver, a lithium-ion battery, lithium-ion rapid optimum charger and a tool case.
2. Is this ‘Made in China’?
Ans: Yes, the packing says, it is made in China.
3. How many batteries included in the package?
Ans: Only one battery is included in the packaging.
4. What measurement system is used in this impact driver?
Ans: It uses the metric system for measurement.
#8. BLACK and DECKER IMPACT DRIVER BDCI20C
BLACK and DECKER Impact driver BDCI20C is 20 V Max impact driver. Its nominal voltage is 18V. Its maximum initial battery voltage has been measured without any workload and i.e. 20 volts. It is a compact and light weight impact driver. It incorporates a ¼ inches Hex Chuck which provides quick release.
This BLACK+DECKER BDCI20C features a high-performance transmission which delivers maximum torque of 1375 in-lbs. The machines offer two variable speeds
- 0-3000 RPM
- 0-39000 BPM
Its weight is 3.5 pounds and product dimension is 7.9 x 3 x 9 inches.
- It has a ¼ inches hex chuck which makes it easy to change bits with one handed motion.
- It is very light and compact in weight, making it suitable to handle overhead projects well.
- It is great for DIY projects due to its sturdy design, also enabling you to handle some light and medium fastening and drilling tasks.
- It uses lithium-ion battery which provides long lasting performance.
- It does not have an in-built LED light which makes it impossible to work in dark places without carrying separate LED light.
- It is not suitable for doing heavy duty tasks.
- It does not have a belt clip which can make jobs otherwise very easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many batteries come with this impact driver?
Ans: It only comes with one battery.
2. What is the weight of BLACK+DECKER BDCI20C?
Ans: It weighs only 3.5 pounds.
3. What is this BLACK+DECKER BDCI20C impact driver made of?
Ans: This BLACK+DECKER BDCI20C is made of metal.
4. Does it have LED light?
Ans: No, it does not come with a built-in LED, you will have to buy separate LED to work in dark places.
#9. PORTER CABLE IMPACT DRIVER PCCK640LB
This PORTER CABLE impact driver PCCK640LB is a cordless impact driver kit which features a very high-performance motor with high torque of 1450 in. lbs. It comes with 20 V Max lithium ion batteries with 1.5 AMP. It incorporates an LED work light. It has an easy ¼ load chuck which allows the user to insert bits single handedly. Its weight is 3.2 pounds. Its dimension is 12.81 x 4.19 x 11.19 inches.
It has a battery fuel gauge which shows that how much battery is left to work with. This PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB kit comes with nut drivers, hand tools and screwdrivers.
It also comes with variable speed transmission i.e. 0-2,900 RPM and 0-3,000 BPM.
- The built-in battery gauge helps know the user that when battery is going to drain out, enabling user to charge in time.
- Its compact design makes it suitable for working in tighter places and reaches the areas which are difficult otherwise to work in. As it is also light in weight, it gives lesser user fatigue.
- LED work light illuminates the place where you are working so you do not have to juggle with an extra light in dark areas.
- PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB allows quick fastening applications due to its high performance transmission.
- Its compact size makes it easy to carry around in any tool bag.
- Although this impact PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB driver can be used in many fastening applications, but it gets overheated when used continuously.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many batteries are included in the PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB kit?
Ans: The kit comes with two lithium-ion batteries.
2. What does the package of PORTER-CABLE PCCK640LB kit include?
Ans: The box of this PCCK640LB kit includes an impact driver, two lithium-ion compact batteries, one charger and No.2 Philips bits head screw driving bits.
3. Does this impact driver support 220 voltage?
Ans: No, this driver does not support 220 voltage.
4. Is this impact driver made in China?
Ans: Yes, this is ‘Made in China’ product.
#10. CRAFTSMAN IMPACT DRIVER C3
This Craftsman impact driver C3 is a 19.2 Volt Drill/driver with a combo kit. It comes with two variable speed 0-350 and 0-1300 RPM. It has a 2-speed gearbox which allows either for high-speed applications or for high torque. It is ½ inch single sleeve and keyless chuck which allows to tight bits securely in places without key.
These Craftsman C3 impact drivers come with 16 x 6 x 6 inches dimensions and have a weight of 2 pounds. It has 19.2 volts of Lithium-ion batteries.
It gives three variable speeds which makes it easy to do all fastening and drilling tasks. It has an in-built LED light.
- The LED light incorporated in this Craftsman C3 is a great pro as it illuminates dark places. The light remains on for six seconds after trigger, enabling you to double check your work.
- This product has a slightly textured grip material which gives ergonomic feel and immense control while working.
- This brushed impact driver with three variable speeds makes different fastening and drilling applications easy.
- Craftsman C3 does not have a magnetic tray to hold nuts and tools which makes job a little bit difficult.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the material used in this Craftsman C3?
Ans: This product is made of metal.
2. What does the package of this Craftsman C3 includes?
Ans: This combo kit comes with 2 batteries, one charger, a powerful C3 drill, C3 impact driver and a bag.
3. Does it give variable speed option?
Ans: Yes, it gives three variable speeds.
What should you consider before buying an impact driver
Before buying any impact driver to complete your maintenance tasks, you should consider following.
- Torque and speed: An impact driver must have good torque so that you can use it as a drill driver for boring big holes. Usually cordless impact drivers have two-speed ranges. Low RPM of 300-400 with greater torque which allows driving screws and high RPM of 1200-1500 RPM for drilling purposes.
- Cordless: A cordless impact driver is compact in size so you do not have to worry about continuous power as they are battery based. You can carry cordless impact drivers anywhere as they are powered by batteries.
- Not a hammer drill: When you buy an impact driver, it can be a substitute for a drill driver to some extent but it is usually not a substitute for a hammer drill as impact drivers can generate good torque but not powerful forward blows. Very few impact drivers can be substitute for hammer drills.
- Comfortable for holding: While making your choice about best impact driver, you must consider its weight before buying. The driver should not put added pressure or weight on your body as some tasks require the constant holding of the impact driver like attaching deck boards. So, make sure the material on the grip is non-slip and gives your ergonomic control to do your regular tasks. If you have compromised wrist condition, choose lightweight drivers.
- Batteries and chargers: Always consider battery life and charger performance before making a decision about impact driver. A long battery life with lithium-ion batteries can provide a high charging rate as compared to other batteries.
Aforementioned is a list of ten impact drivers where almost all can serve the purpose of a drill also but only a few can work as hammer drill. When it comes to choosing the best impact driver, it is only you who can decide which one can work best for you depending on your needs. Milwaukee 2462-20 M12, Makita XDT111 and Ryobi One + P 236 impact drivers seem some interesting choices for conducting light to medium range fastening, drilling and driving tasks due to the incorporated torque, speed setting and the structure which can sustain external pressures. You should make your decision about buying the best impact driver based on your working requirements, weight you can handle and speed and torque you need for the on-site job.