- 7 Best Cordless Brad Nailer Reviews
- What is a brad nailer?
- Best Cordless Brad Nailer Buying Guides
- Frequently Asked Questions
There are many people who are a bit confused about brad nailers because they look similar to finish nailer. But remember that they are quite different from the finish nailers and they have different applications. Brad nailer is used at a place where splitting of material or surface is an issue.
In market, variety of brad nailers of different brands are available and it is always remains a tough task for a customer to decide which one is the best like most often they are confused about whether the corded ones are better or the cordless ones. Both types of nailers are amazing but cordless ones are better as the feature of portability is high.
So after reading this following guide, you can decide that which one is the best cordless brad nailer according to your working requirement.
7 Best Cordless Brad Nailer Reviews
In this section, we will review the features of some amazing cordless brad nailers
PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA is a cordless 20V brad nailer. This is a battery powered product so there is no need of expensive gas cartridges, compressor and the hose. There is a depth adjusting wheel in this nailer that allows this product to countersink nails properly and consistently.
This is an 18 gauge nailer that comes with 2 high quality speakers and there is an equalizer too. This product offers the feature of Bluetooth connectivity so users can stream music by connecting it to any smart device. Use of Lithium Ion battery in this product enhances the feature of durability of this product and it also provides better run time to the users.
The weight of PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA is 5.9 pounds and other dimensions of this product are 13.9*5*12 inches. Quick jam release and tool free release lever are other amazing features of this product.
- This is a cordless product so it is highly portable.
- It is very easy to handle this product during work.
- It is quite easy to adjust its pressure.
- This is a powerful product that offers hassle free working.
- This product allows quick jam release and it saves time and energy of users.
- 20V Lithium Ion battery provides great run time.
- Feature of Bluetooth connectivity is amazing.
- Multi-functional LED lights facilitate the nailing projects and allow working even in the darkness.
- This is a bit noisy product.
- Some users complain that it is bit heavy and it causes fatigue during work.
Ryobi ZRP320 ONE Plus is an 18 gauge cordless brad nailer that delivers excellent performance. This product offers dry fire lock out feature that extends the life of this tool. There is a low nail indicator that warns users about the low nailing quantity and informs them when this product needs reloading.
The weight of Ryobi ZRP320 ONE Plus is 6.5 pounds. The other dimensions of this product are 14*11.7*7.5 inches. This is a battery powered product that can be carried everywhere. This product utilizes Lithium Ion battery that enhances the working of this product.
Ryobi ZRP320 ONE Plus provides the feature of selectable drive shift. This drive shift can be selected with contact actuation or single sequential; it depends on the requirement of users. Accessories like battery and charger are not provided with this product. Users have to buy them separately.
- This product offers improved visibility.
- Due to the metallic nose, jam removal becomes quite easy.
- Low nail indicator greatly helps to keep the work flowing.
- There is a selectable switch for the 2 operations like contact actuation and single sequential. These operations greatly facilitate the working of users.
- Dry fire lock out feature helps to extend the life of this tool.
- It is a cordless and battery powered product so it can be carried anywhere.
- Lithium Ion battery provides great working power to this product.
- This is a heavy product so users feel fatigue during work.
- It is difficult sometimes to obtain penetration over hard surfaces with this product.
- Sometimes this tool misfires nail during work.
- Charger and battery are not provided with this product.
DEWALT DCN680B is an 18 gauge brad nailer that has 20 volts maximum initial battery voltage whereas its nominal voltage is 18V. There is an LED light indicator that communicates to the users about the charging of battery. Feature of automatic shut off is also available in this product that protects this product from excessive discharge of battery.
DEWALT DCN680B offers a micro nose design that greatly helps in precision of nail placement and it also improves line of sight. This is a completely battery powered product so it protects from the hassle of using compressor, hose and gas. This product comes with a brushless motor that provides great run time and it enhances the feature of durability too. This brad nailer can gauge nails ranging from 5/8 inch to 2-1/8 inch length. This is an ideal product for fastening casings, decorative molding and kitchen crowning.
The weight of DEWALT DCN680B is 4 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 14.4*14.1*4.6 inches.
- Micro nose design provides accuracy in nail placement and also improves the line of sight.
- This is a 100% battery powered product so it can be carried everywhere.
- Brushless motor enhances the feature of durability.
- It eliminates the hassle of using compressor, gas and hose.
- This product offers tool free depth adjustment that helps in accurate countersinking of brad nails.
- This product saves time and energy of users.
- LED light communicates about the charging status of battery.
- This is a quiet product as compared to the other models.
- It is very easy to load and use this product.
- This is a comparatively light weight tool.
- It is quite difficult to read the depth gauge indicator.
Ryobi P320 Airstrike is a cordless brad nailer that delivers excellent power in comparison to the other models. This is an amazing tool that helps to perform any nailing job around your house like reinforcing joints to installing roofing tiles. It perfectly accomplishes every task. In a single charge of battery, up to 700 nails can be fired and they can be up to 50 millimeters long.
Ryobi P320 Airstrike offers an on the board dial that allows depth adjust so users have no need to bother about extra tools for fixing. This product comes with the built-in LED light so you can focus easily on the targeted working area.
The weight of Ryobi P320 Airstrike is 6 pounds. The other dimensions of this product are 10*3*7 inches. There is an attached belt clip that makes this product handier. This is a versatile yet powerful product that can perform any task.
- This product allows easy clearing of jam.
- Feature of tool-less depth adjustment is great.
- Built-in LED lighting helps users to focus on their targeted area.
- It also offers the feature of dry-fire lock out.
- This is an ideal product for any nailing job.
- This is a light weight product.
- There is a selectable switch for 2 types of operations.
- There is no need of air compressor with this product.
- It gets jammed more frequently.
- For smooth working, it may require some machine oil.
- Battery is not provided with this product. Users have to buy them separately.
Makita XNB01Z is an 18V, 2 inch brad nailer that can drive brad nails of 18 gauge ranging from 5/8 inch to 2 inch length. It has a big magazine that offers the nailing capacity of up to 110 nails. There is a two mode selectable switch that allows the two types of operations like sequential nailing operation or contact actuation nailing operation.
This product offers depth adjustment dial (tool-less) that is very easy to use and facilitates the plenty of finishing applications. There is a built-in LED that works as a battery indicator and informs users about the charging level of battery. This is an amazing product that offers up to 65% more run time as compared to other products. This product takes only 45 or fewer minutes for full charging.
Makita XNB01Z is a compatible product that can be utilized with 18V LXT tools. Even in the extreme temperatures, the battery of this product provides consistent run time and power. The weight of this product is 7 pounds. The other dimensions of this product are 4.4*14.5*11.7 inches. This is a battery powered product that is light in weight so it can be ported everywhere. In this product, Lithium Ion battery is utilized that enhances the working of this product.
- This is a handy product that can be utilized easily.
- This is a powerful product that delivers great performance.
- This is an ideal product for quick yet small jobs.
- It is a cordless product so it can be taken anywhere.
- It has a good battery life.
- Tool free depth adjustment, LED light and good magazine capacity are other amazing features of this product.
- This is a bit heavy product so it may cause fatigue during work.
- It is not so easy to use it for longer hour.
DEWALT DC608K is an 18V, 2 inch brad nailer that has an amazing engine design. This design allows the consistent and fast nail penetration in the hard and soft joints. This product offers two working modes, one is sequential operating mode and the other one is bump operating mode. Sequential mode is used for precision placement and bump mode facilitates with the production speed.
This brad nailer has a straight magazine that is designed for 18 gauge nails. This product can gauge nails ranging from 5/8 inch to 2 inch in length. It is quite easy to access the nose piece of DEWALT DC608K and jammed nails can be removed without any tools like wrench or screwdriver. This product also comes with the feature of contact trip lock-off so trigger can be disabled when you are not using this tool.
The weight of DEWALT DC608K is 7.4 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 11.5*3.5*11 inches. This is a cordless and battery powered product so there is no need of compressor or hose with this product.
- This is an efficient product that delivers excellent performance.
- This product does not frequently jam as compared to other nailers.
- This product offers dual firing mode.
- Tool less jam removal feature makes this product more useful.
- It is a cordless product that can be ported everywhere.
- When product is not in use, its trigger can be disabled with contact trip lock off switch.
- This product provides equal nail penetration in hard and soft joints.
- This product starts to produce more noise after some time of utilization.
- This product does not offer dry fire lock out feature.
Hitachi NT1850DE is an 18 gauge brad nailer that can also gauge nails ranging from 5/8 inch to 2 inch in length. This is a powerful product that utilizes Lithium Ion battery for the excellent performance. Its 3.0Ah Lithium Ion battery is compact in size and it is 0.6 pounds lighter and ¾ inch shorter than the conventional battery.
As it is a cordless and battery powered product so it eliminates the need of compressor and hose thus it saves the time and energy of users through an easy set up.
This product offers two working modes like bump fire mode and sequential mode. Hitachi NT1850DE provides the feature of tool less depth of drive adjustment into variety of materials and its brushless motor provides more run time whereas it involves less maintenance cost.
The weight of Hitachi NT1850DE is 7.3 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 12*2*12 inches. It has a low nail indicator that informs user about the reloading of this product. Integrated LED light allows nailing work even in the dim lights.
- This product does not cause any delay in firing.
- This product allows quick yet consistent nail driving.
- This product provides ergonomic grip to its users.
- LED light allows users to focus on their working area.
- This product has a compact, smaller and lighter battery for complete portability.
- This brad nail kit includes tool, lithium Ion battery, contractor bag, charger and safety glasses.
- This is a versatile product that can be utilized for different applications like wainscoting, cabinet, picture frame assembly, molding installations and many more.
- This is a heavy product.
- Extra pressure is required for the longer nails.
What is a brad nailer?
Brad nailer is a professional tool that has been designed for the detailed or small wood working applications. This is a suitable product for 18 gauge nails that are generally thinner in comparison to the 15 or 16 gauge nails.
Brad nailers are actually used at a place where splitting of surface is an issue. This product fires thin nails that help to bind lightweight wood trim. They give a finish look to your work and you can save your surface from any damage.
Use of brad nail gun is getting very common as it is an ideal tool for moldings, trimming and cabinetry. It can perform many other nailing tasks too. Brad naielrs can be generally classified into two types:
- Pneumatic bard nailer
- Electric brad nailer
In pneumatic brad nail guns, air compressor is used with this product. There are many people who like electric brad nailer because they do not like the hassle of using compressor, hose or gas cartridges.
Corded and cordless both type of nail gun fall under the head of electric brad nailers. In short, whatever type of brad nail gun you use, it does not only make your work easy but also saves your time and energy too due to its professional features.
Best Cordless Brad Nailer Buying Guides
In this buying guide, we are going to discuss some basic point that you must consider before buying the best cordless brad nailer for your working projects.
Size of nails: It is very important to check the size of nail before buying a cordless bard nailer. If you are going to perform some delicate nailing task then you should prefer a nail gun with 18 gauge as it helps to avoid the issue of splitting the working surface.
Weight of a brad nailer: You must check the weight of a cordless nailer before buying. This is so because you may need to hold this tool for longer time during work and if the weight of product would be more, it might cause fatigue to you during work.
Magazine capacity: A cordless bard nailer with great magazine capacity is always recommended. This is so because this product is able to hold more nails and users can continue their work without any trouble of reloading the magazine time and again.
Comfortable grip: A product with comfortable grip is always a right choice. If your hand gets slip from a handle frequently, you have more chances to misfire nails and your project may ruin.
Ability of depth adjustment: In a nailing job, you need to adjust depth of nails according to the type of working material. Material may be soft or hard so there is a need of depth adjustment. So you should always look for this feature in a cordless brad nailer before buying.
Product with good reviews: Nailing is a very critical task and there is a need of perfect tool for this purpose. So always select a cordless brad nailer that has good reputation in the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should a user do if a brad nailer gets jammed?
In market, there are so many high quality nailers available that provide tool free jam mechanism to the users. So users just need to open the magazine and they can easily resolve this issue by clearing out the jam.
2. What is the basic purpose of safety switch in brad nailers?
Feature of safety switch has been introduced to avoid accidents and misfires. When you are not using the nailer, turn the safety switch off so there will be no unintentional firing of nails.
3. Are cordless brad nailers better than corded ones?
Yes, cordless bard nailers are better than the corded ones because feature of portability is high in these nailers. Another important thing is that they do not require compressor, hose and gas cartridges so they are definitely better.
4. Does the size and weight of cordless brad nailer matter?
Yes, nailing is a delicate task and if a brad nailer would be heavy, you will feel uncomfortable while using this product. So a light weight nailer must be selected.
5. Is it easy to work with cordless nailer?
Yes because they are light weight and can be carried anywhere.
In short, a huge variety of cordless brad nailers of different brands is easily available in the market. It mainly depends upon the requirement of the user that what they are actually looking for in a product and what is the best cordless brad nailer they need according to the nature of their job.