- 10 Best Pneumatic Brad Nailer Reviews
- 1. WEN 61720 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
- 2. Hitachi NT50AE2 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
- 3. BOSTITCH Nail Gun BT1855K
- 4. SENCO FinishPro® Brad Nailer
- 5. NuMax S2-118G2 Pneumatic Brad Nailer
- 6. WEN 61721 18-Gauge
- 7. Valu-Air F50Q Pneumatic Brad Nailer
- 8. BOSTITCH Nail Gun BTFP12233
- 9. PORTER-CABLE BN200C
- 10. Makita AF505N Brad Nailer
- What are the brad nailers used for?
- Best Pneumatic Brad Nailer Buying Guides
- Frequently Asked Questions
Nailing has never been an easy task for people. This is a delicate work that needs time, energy and proper attention. But a big thanks to manufacturers who decided to ease this task for people and designed variety of nailers like finish nailers, framing nailers, brad nailers etc for the convenience of users.
And among these nailers, the name of pneumatic brad nailers cannot be overlooked at any cost. Pneumatic brad nailers are the product that use air compressor for working.
In market, you will discover a wide range of pneumatic nailers of multiple brands but the best pneumatic brad nailer is one that perfectly suits to your working requirements. Selection may take time but it you choose it rightly then it can greatly ease your nailing job.
10 Best Pneumatic Brad Nailer Reviews
Here we are going to review some best pneumatic nailers that are known in the nailing industry for their worth praising features.
1. WEN 61720 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
WEN 61720 3/4-Inch to 2-Inch is a light weight product that is made of aluminum. This is a powerful air powered product that can fire brads ranging from ¾ inch to 2 inch in size.
It is quite easy to hold this product due to the rubberized grip. Users just need to attach the air compressor and this product is all ready for any type of nailing job.
WEN 61720 is an amazing pneumatic brad nailer that can work from 60 to 100 PSI and this working is possible just because of ¼ inch NPT air inlet fitting.
This nailing product offers a magazine that can hold 100 brads at a time. The quick jam release mechanism saves time and energy of the users.
The weight of this brad nailer is 5.2 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 3*13*11 inches. This product comes with a customer carrying case that allows the convenient storage of tools during work.
- It is easy to carry this product during work as it is a light weight product.
- This product offers rubberized grip so users can comfortably hold this product for longer time.
- This air powered product comes with a quick jam release mechanism that makes jam removal just a breeze.
- This is a reliable nailing product.
- Customer carrying case is provided with this product for the convenience of users.
- This product requires minimum maintenance.
- This product lacks no-mar tip feature.
- Anti-dry fire mechanism is not available.
- This product needs an air compressor for working.
2. Hitachi NT50AE2 18-Gauge Brad Nailer
Hitachi NT50AE2 18-Gauge is an ultra light nailing tool that can gauge nails from 5/8 inch to 2 inch in length. This is an amazing product that allows two modes of working.
One is the contact fire mode and second one is the bump fire mode. Users can instantly change their mode of working with the flip of a single switch.
Hitachi NT50AE2 is although light in weight but it is a well balanced product that can be easily carried during work.
This product comes with an anti-slip elastomer grip and your hand does not slip from the handle. This is a tool of professionals that gives finish look to the nailing job.
A depth of drive dial is located on this product so it becomes quite easy to adjust the depth according to the working requirements.
The weight of Hitachi NT50AE2 is just 2.2 pounds so it is quite light in comparison to the other pneumatic nailers. The other dimensions of this product are 14.7*11.8*3.4 inches.
- This is an ultra light weight nailing gun.
- In this low weight, this is an ideally well balanced product.
- It is convenient to hold this product due to the Elastomer grip.
- There is an exhaust port that keeps dust and debris away from the working surface.
- This is a great product that can hold 100 nails at a time.
- This product comes with a carrying case, safety glasses, air fitting and 2 Allen wrenches.
- Feature of adjustable depth of drive is amazing.
- This product lacks a belt hook.
3. BOSTITCH Nail Gun BT1855K
BOSTITCH Nail Gun BT1855K is an 18 gauge pneumatic brad nailer that is a very easy to use product.This product comes with an oil free engine which means that it does not only prevent working surfaces from oil stains but also there is no need of daily maintenance too.
This nailing gun offers a selectable trigger system so you can select contact actuation or sequential mode according to your working requirements.
BOSTITCH Nail Gun BT1855K provides Dial-A-Depth control. This feature is amazing as it becomes quite easy to set the desired depth of fasteners without any trouble. In this nailing gun, filtered air inlet is used that adds life to the engine of this product.
The dimensions of BOSTITCH Nail Gun BT1855K are 15*13.4*3.8 inches and the weight of this product is 5 pounds. This air powered product is made of metal and its storage capacity is 100 brads. This is an ideal product for variety of trim and finish applications.
- This is a suitable product for exterior and interior trim, crafts, furniture and cabinetry.
- This product offers a reversible belt hook with a pencil sharpener. So you can conveniently use this product on job site.
- There is a rear exhaust that helps to keep the dirt and debris away from the working surface.
- Feature of Dial-A-Depth is worth praising.
- It is very easy to use and set this product.
- Oil free engine makes it sure that there will be no oil stain on the working surface.
- Some users complain that the efficiency of this product reduces after some time.
4. SENCO FinishPro® Brad Nailer
SENCO FinishPro® 18MG is a 2-1/8 inch pneumatic brad nailer. This is an easy to set and use product. This nailing gun has a magnesium body that enhances the feature of durability of this product.
This is an ultra light nail gun that offers oil free design. So it eliminates the chances of oil stains on working surface.
The weight of SENCO FinishPro® 18MG is just 4 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 10*4*1 inches. This product offers a selective trigger and the feature of depth of drive adjustment is amazing as it allows the depth of drive adjustment according to the working material.
It has a rear exhaust too that helps to keep the dirt and debris away from the job site.This is a versatile product that can perform its task efficiently.
- This is a highly durable product.
- This is an ultra light product that saves its user from fatigue during work.
- Oil free design protects working surface from oil stains.
- It is quite easy to set and use this product.
- Selective trigger, rear exhaust and depth of drive adjustment are other key features of this product.
- This is an incredibly versatile product with its innovative design.
- This is an ideal product for baseboards, external trims and furniture repair.
- Its magazine requires replacement sometimes.
- This product is not recommended for heavy use.
5. NuMax S2-118G2 Pneumatic Brad Nailer
NuMax S2-118G2 Pneumatic is a 2 in 1 product that works as a brad nailer and stapler. This is a light weight product with aluminum construction. This nailing gun offers an anti-vibration ergonomic grip so users can comfortably hold this product during work. Feature of tool free depth adjustment is great as it allows the use of this product for multiple applications.
NuMax S2-118G2 Pneumatic is a versatile product that is light in but it has amazing nailing and stapling power. This product can accommodate crown staples ranging from ½ inch to 1-5/8 inch and brad nails from 3/8 inch to 2 inch.
It is very easy to switch between the two fasteners according to the working requirement.
This is a light weight product as the weight of this product is only 3.09 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 2.6*9.7*9.8 inches.
This is a suitable product for multiple applications like it can be sued for cabinetry, window casings, hobbies, carpentry, cabinet backing and crafts.
- This is a 2 in 1 product.
- Light weight product that can easily hold during work.
- Feature of anti-vibration ergonomic grip is great.
- Users can easily switch between nailing and stapling.
- This product saves its users from fatigue during work.
- This is a versatile product that can be used for different applications.
- There is an auto cool mechanism that enhances the life of its motor.
- This is not so reliable product in comparison to the other ones.
6. WEN 61721 18-Gauge
WEN 61721 18-Gauge is a pneumatic brad nailer that can fire nails ranging from 3/8 inch to 2 inch in size. This is a powerful product that can operate from 60 to 115 PSI. This nailing gun has ¼ inch NPT air inlet so you can easily connect your favorite compressor with this product.
There is a depth adjustment wheel in this product so users can easily adjust the depth of nails according to the working materials.
WEN 61721 18-Gauge offers a rotating exhaust so dirt and debris remains away from the working project. Its magazine can hold 106 nails at a time. This product comes with a nose latch that greatly helps to clear jams in no time.
This is a light weight product. The weight of this product is 2.7 pounds. The other dimensions of this product are 10*8.2*2.8 inches.
There is a gauge window that helps to check the status of remaining nails in the magazine. Packaging includes hex key, 500 3/8 inch nails, lubricant oil, 500 ¾ inch nails, and 500 nails of 1 inch and 2 inch each.
- It is quite easy to hold this product due to rubberized grip.
- This product offers ¼ inch NPT inlet fitting so users can connect easily one of their favorite compressor.
- Depth adjustment wheel helps to adjust the depth of nails without any trouble.
- This is a suitable product for heavy duty applications.
- It is very easy to clear jam due to a nose latch.
- This is a light weight product that prevents its users from fatigue during work.
- Gauge window helps to keep an eye on the low nailing quantity.
- This product lacks storage case.
- It does not have an angled magazine.
7. Valu-Air F50Q Pneumatic Brad Nailer
Valu-Air F50Q is another 2 in 1 pneumatic brad nailer that can work as a stapler too. This product has an ability to gauge brad nails ranging from 5/8 inch to 2 inch whereas its ¼ inch crown stapling capacity ranges from 5/8 inch to 1-5/8 inch staples in length.
This product has a light weight body that is made of aluminum. The working air pressure of this nailing gun is 70 to 110 PSI.
Valu-Air F50Q offers the feature of depth of drive adjustment without any tool. There is an adjustable exhaust that can rotate at 360 degree and makes this product more useful. This product comes with a carrying case and it also includes 1 strip of 18 gauge brads and 1 strip of 18 gauge staples.
The weight of this product is 3.2 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 11.8*11*2.7 inches. This is an air powered product that offers no mar rubber tip and it facilitates its users with the feature of quick jam release too.
- This is an ideal tool for multiple applications like it can be used for baseboards, chair rail, cabinetry, trimming and finish work.
- It is a light weight nail gun with the aluminum body so it can be easily used for overhead working tasks.
- It makes the life of users easy with the quick jam release feature.
- Other features like no-mar rubber tip, carrying case, 360 degree adjustable exhaust make this product more useful.
- 2 in 1 product that can gauge brads and staples.
- This product offers a tool free depth of drive adjustment feature for the facility of users.
- This nailing gun greatly consumes the energy.
8. BOSTITCH Nail Gun BTFP12233
BOSTITCH Nail Gun BTFP12233 is an brad nailer with 18 gauge that offers smart point technology. This technology allows the easy nail placement due to the smaller nose design and there is no need of compressing the contact trip for actuating the tool.
This 18 gauge brad nailer can drive nails from 5/8 inch to 2-1/8 inch length. This product offers tool free jam-release mechanism that makes the nail removal process easy for the users. DIAL-A-Depth(TM) control is the key feature of this product that has been introduced for precise countersinking of the nails.
BOSTITCH Nail Gun BTFP12233 is an ideal tool that can be used for paneling, upholstery and cabinetry. There is no risk of oil stains during work because this product offers oil free operation. The weight of this product is 5.16 pounds.
The other dimensions of this product are 12.2*11.7*4.5 inches. Magazine capacity of this product is 100 nails and it allows side loading of nails. Nailing kit includes nailer, ¼ inch air fitting, carrying case, extra No-Mar tips and sample fasteners.
- Smart point technology is amazing as it allows convenient nail placement.
- There is no need to compress the tip to stimulate this nailer.
- There is no issue of oil stains due to the oil free operation.
- Tool free jam release mechanism is worth praising.
- Nail kit includes additional accessories so users have no need to buy them separately.
- DIAL-A-Depth control feature is amazing.
- This product offers selectable trigger system.
- This product lacks the dry fire lock mechanism.
9. PORTER-CABLE BN200C
PORTER-CABLE BN200C is a 2 inch brad nailer that is quite easy to use. This product is prepared with magnesium so it is very light in weight but it offers a strong design. This product has a non-marring nose tip that can be removed easily.
Users can comfortably hold this product due to its integrated rubber grip. It can drive 18 gauge nails ranging from 5/8 inch to 2 inch length.
PORTER-CABLE BN200C comes with a built in low nail indicator that informs the users that when they need reloading of nails. This is a durable product and its motor does not involve any maintenance cost.
Depth of drive adjustment with tool free feature is an amazing thing that has been introduced for the appropriate setting of nail heads.This is a light weight product as its weight is just 1.24 pounds. The other dimensions of this product are 10.4*2.6*9.2 inches.
The incorporated jam release mechanism (tool free) allows the quick and easy nail removal. Rear exhaust makes it sure that contaminates remain away from the working surface. This nail kit includes a nailer, carrying case, brad nails, ¼ inch fitting and the owner manual.
- This product offers maintenance free motor.
- Its non-marring nose tip which is removable is amazing.
- This product offers strong yet light weight body.
- It has a comfortable and ergonomic rubber grip so users feel no fatigue during work.
- This product provides on tool storage for convenient working.
- Tool free jam release mechanism saves time and energy.
- Feature of low nail indicator and rear exhaust are also very good.
- Its depth adjustment wheel is not so good and it needs improvement.
10. Makita AF505N Brad Nailer
Makita AF505N is a 2 inch brad nailer that offers a narrow nose design. This design provides an easy and quick access for nailing in the small areas. Quick release Tool-less cam-lock feature is amazing because it greatly helps to clear jammed nails in no time.
This product offers a user-friendly, tool less with depth adjustment dial that can be utilized for multiple finishing applications.
Makita AF505N has a non-marring made of rubber nose. Bumpers of this nailer protect the wooden surface from getting damaged or scratched during work. Tool hook is rotatable at 180 degree to keep the tool nearby all the time.
There is a reload indicator with dual nail that informs user that when the nails should be reloaded. It helps to avoid blank fires. This product also comes with an exhaust port which is multi-directional and rotates at 360 degree and it keeps the exhausted air far away from the user.
The weight of Makita AF505N brad nailer is 2.2 pounds. The other dimensions of this product are 14*14*4 inches. Rubberized grip enhances the control of user over this product.
Magazine capacity of this product is 100 nails and it can drive nails ranging from 5/8 inch to 2 inch. This product is equally good for soft and hard materials.
- This is an ideal product for trimming and woodwork applications.
- Rubberized soft grip makes it an easy to hold product.
- The dual nail with reload indicator warns users about the nail quantity and let them know that when they can reload this nailer.
- Its contracted nose design helps to reach the confided areas easily.
- It is very easy to clear the jammed nails.
- Tool case, safety goggles, oil supply and 2 ea. non-mar tip are also provided with this product.
- This is not so good for toenailing.
- There is no dry lockout and it also lacks rapid fire mode.
What are the brad nailers used for?
Brad nailers are specialized tools that have been designed for detailed or small wood working applications. This is an ideal product for cabinetry, trim, moldings and even you can perform variety of other home related tasks with this amazing product.
Basic purpose of this brad nail gun is to fire brads that are thinner in size and these are used at a place where splitting of working material may be an issue. This is a suitable product for binding the wooden trims.
There are two main types of brad nailer.
- Electric brad nailer
- Pneumatic brad nailer.
Electric brad nailers involve corded and cordless products. In these brad nailers, there is no need of compressor or hose. And the feature of portability is also very high. Battery powered brad nailers also perform very well. On the other hand, there are pneumatic bard nailers.
These are the most efficient products that deliver excellent performance all the time. But there is a need of compressor with this product. Although brad nailers are used for multiple applications but they are commonly used for
- Trim work
- Fastening decorative molding
Brad nailing guns are exceptional tools but they have some limitations too. Before using this product, you must have fully knowledge of this product.
- This product has not been designed for attaching the long wooden pieces.
- Brad nailers cannot be used for anything structural.
- Most of the brad naielrs have straight angle so they cannot be utilized to drive nails at a certain angle.
In spite of all these limitations, this is still a worth praising product that can solve your many nailing problems with its excellent performance. You just need to select an appropriate product for your work.
Best Pneumatic Brad Nailer Buying Guides
It is not a big deal if customers feel confused at the time of buying a pneumatic brad nailer. This is so because markets are loaded with variety of products of different brands and models and it becomes hard to decide that which one is the best pneumatic brad nailer.
So for the convenience of people, here we will discuss some basic points that should be considered at the time of buying a nailer.
Size of nailer: Size of a pneumatic brad nailer matters a lot because nailing is a delicate task and you need a product that should be easy to hold. So if it will be heavy, you will feel fatigued and your working project will suffer definitely.
Firing modes and trigger: A product that offers a selectable trigger with different firing modes is always recommended. This is so because a selectable trigger enhances the feature of versatility of a product.
Materials: Pneumatic bard nailers are made of variety of materials like plastic, metal, aluminum etc. But nailers with aluminum body are always recommended because they are extremely light in weight and the feature of durability is also very high.
Easy to load product: Always prefer an easy to load nailer. This is so because if loading process will be simple, it would help you to save your time and energy. You will be able to focus on your nailing job without any trouble.
Depth adjustment: While looking for a pneumatic brad nailer, you should keep in mind the feature of depth adjustment. Nailers that offer depth adjustment are an ideal tool for working as it becomes quite easy to adjust the depth of nails according to the working material.
Ergonomic grip: Last but not the least is ergonomic grip. A nailer with ergonomic grip is always a right choice. As you need to hold this product for extended time so product with ergonomic grip helps to avoid cramping in your hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a difference between pneumatic and electrical brad nailer?
Pneumatic brad nailer is an air powered product that requires a continuous supply of compressed air whereas in electric brad nailers there is no need of compressor and hose.
2. Do they perform well?
Yes, pneumatic brad nail gun is a professional product that performs very well. This is an ideal product for indoor and outdoor trim applications, furniture crafts and baseboards.
3. Is it easy to use a pneumatic brad nailer?
Yes, they are easy to set and use products. You just need an air compressor and hose and you are all set to work.
4. What is the meaning of selective trigger system?
A brad nailer with selective trigger system is always recommended. This is so because selective trigger system provides a choice to users about the selection of different modes of working.
5. What does depth adjustment mean?
It means that you can adjust the depth of nails according to the requirement of your working materials.
It is definitely a tricky task to select the best pneumatic brad nailer but once this job is done perfectly then you can experience the best results. These air powered products deliver excellent performance and they give a finish look to your project.