- 6 Best Cordless Framing Nailer Reviews
- Finish nailer Vs Framing nailer
- Best Cordless Framing Nailer Buying Guides
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the biggest advantage of cordless framing nailer?
- 2. Why different framing nailers have different angles?
- 3. Which thing matters the most at the time of buying a cordless framing nailer?
- 4. Is sequential and bump mode of firing available in every cordless framing nailer?
- 5. Can we use framing nailers for heavy duty application?
Framing nailer is an amazing product that is used to nail big pieces of different materials without any trouble. This is a professional product that efficiently helps to complete nailing tasks.
Contractors, wood workers and even people who love to perform their nailing tasks themselves, it is known as an ideal product for them. When we talk about framing nailers, we come to know about two main types like pneumatic nailers and cordless nailers.
Pneumatic framing nailers perform very well but we cannot overlook the performance of cordless framing nailers at any cost. This is so because they are battery powered product and the feature of portability is very high. In market, plenty of framing nailers are available but here we will talk about the best cordless framing nailers.
6 Best Cordless Framing Nailer Reviews
In this section, we will review the features of some excellent cordless framing nailers for the understanding of our readers.
BOSTITCH F21PL is a 21 degree product that has been designed to perfectly drive nails. This is a light weight product that comes with a push button. Users can easily control the depth of nails with the help of this button. This is a 2 in 1 framing nailer that allows the changing of nosepieces without any trouble and you can use this product either for metal connecting or framing applications.
This product offers a magnesium body that enhances the feature of durability of this product. Rubberized grip helps to hold this product comfortably during work. Feature of selectable trigger system is amazing as it helps to select between bump and sequential mode. There is an adjustable rafter hook that facilitates its users to hang different tools with joints and rafters.
The weight of BOSTITCH F21PL is 4.17 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 23*16*6 inches.
- This is a light weight product that has a magnesium body.
- This is a 2 in 1 product that can be used for framing and the metal connecting applications.
- 21 degree framing nailer that allows nailing into engineered lumber.
- Light weight design prevents its users from fatigue during work.
- Feature of adjustable rafter hook is amazing.
- Selectable trigger allows the selection between bump and sequential mode.
- It is quite easy to load this gun and its magazine can hold 60 nails at a time
- In comparison to other products, this is a more powerful product.
- Sometimes this nailer gets jammed during work.
- This product is not suitable for sheeting.
DEWALT 20V MAX XR DCN692B is a 30 degree, cordless framing nailer that has a brushless motor. This brushless motor comes with a powerful engine and it can drive 3-1/2 inch nails without any trouble. This nailing gun has two operating modes like sequential operating mode and bump operating mode so users can select any mode according to their working requirements.
DEWALT 20V MAX XR DCN692B offers dual speed so this product can be fully optimized to drive nails. Magazine capacity of this product is great as it can carry up to 55 nails. Nominal voltage of this nailer is 18V whereas its maximum initial battery voltage is 20V.
The weight of this product is 4.2 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 15.2*5.9*13.2 inches. This nailing gun provides an easy access to the nosepiece so the process of removing the jammed nails becomes a breeze for users. Trigger can be disabled with the trigger lock off button when the tool is no more in use.
- This is an efficient product that offers the feature of dual speed.
- This is a professional tool with low vibration.
- This product offers great run time.
- Users can select any mode according to their working requirements.
- Trigger lock off feature is amazing.
- It is easy to remove jammed nails.
- Brushless motor enhances the life of this product.
- Battery powered product that can be carried everywhere.
- This product has a small nail capacity.
- It cannot drive the nails of all brands.
- In comparison to the pneumatic nailers, this is a less powerful product.
Paslode – 905600 is a cordless battery powered product that needs no compressor. This is a powerful product that has been designed to drive nails in hard woods and LVL so users do not need hammer and they perfectly perform their nailing task with this product.
This product has an all season formula which means that it can work even in temperatures when it is down to 14 degrees. In winters, it can be used without any fear of freezing.
This is a light weight product as the weight of this product is 7.2 pounds. So it can be easily used for overhead working. The other dimensions of this product are 5*17*17 inches. This product offers a 50% longer run time and its 7V Lithium Ion battery allows the nailing of up to 9000 nails once the battery is fully charged.
This is a cordless and battery powered product so the feature of portability is high. This product offers a compact design so it can easily fit between 16 inch joints, trusses and studs.
- This is light in weight and users can easily hold this product during work.
- There is no need of hose and compressor with this nailing gun.
- This cordless framing nailer is as powerful in firing nails as a pneumatic nailer.
- Up to 9000 nails can be fired once the battery is fully charged.
- This is a cordless product so feature of portability is great.
- Use of Lithium Ion battery enhances the life of this tool.
- This is a bit expensive tool.
- Some users complain that the smell of exhausted gas is very bad.
- There is no bump fire mode.
Metabo HPT NR1890DR is an 18V cordless framing nailer that can easily drive 3-½ inch nails even in the toughest materials. This product comes with a brushless motor that involves less maintenance and provides longer run time once the battery is fully charged. In this framing nailer, the feature of Air Spring Drive system has been introduced that utilizes compressed air to drive every nail.
Metabo HPT NR1890DR is a battery powered product that has a zero ramp up time. This product also offers the feature of selective actuation which means that users can select easily between two modes that are sequential operating mode and bump operating mode.
The weight of Metabo HPT NR1890DR is 10.1 pounds and the other dimensions of this nailer are 13.5*5.4*13.5 inches. In this product, Lithium Ion battery is used that increases the productivity of this product. Feature of tool less depth of drive adjustment is great as users do not need to worry about extra tools. This product can be easily used for all type of framing applications without any trouble.
- This is a powerful product that provides increased run time to its users.
- Feature of Air Spring Drive system distinguishes this product from other models.
- Two modes of firing nails facilitate the working of users.
- Cordless product that can be carried everywhere.
- This product has zero ramp up time.
- This framing nailer involves less maintenance cost.
- Side lock trigger switch helps to avoid the accidental firing of nails.
- Brushless motor enhances the feature of durability of this product.
- This product lacks the feature of tool less jam clearing.
- This is a bit heavy product.
Hitachi NR1890DR is another 18V cordless framing nailer that can easily drive plastic strip collated fasteners. These fasteners may range from 2 inch to 3½ inch in size. This product comes with an Air spring drive system that utilizes compressed air for driving nails. So this feature does not only result in zero ramp up rate but also it enhances the driving speed of this nailer too.
Hitachi NR1890DR has a brushless motor that involves less maintenance cost and provides an extended run time to its users. As this is a battery powered product so it utilizes a compact 3.0Ah Lithium Ion battery.
This battery is 0.6 pounds lighter and ¾ inch shorter than the usual 3.0Ah battery so it enhances the feature of portability of this tool. On the control panel, the buttons of selective actuation are located so users can easily switch between bump fire and sequential modes during work.
Hitachi NR1890DR has a 21 degree magazine that can hold up to 37 plastic strip collated fasteners at a time. It can drive up to 400 nails once the battery is fully charged. The weight of this product is 10.1 pounds and the other dimensions of this product are 13.5*5.4*13.5 inches.
- This is a powerful product that has made the task of nailing just a breeze.
- There is no issue of fire delay.
- It is quite easy to adjust the depth of this tool.
- Lockout switch helps to disable trigger when it is not in use and prevents users from accidental fires.
- This product comes with a great nose design that facilitates its users with excellent visibility.
- Users can select mode according to their working requirements.
- This is a heavy product that may cause fatigue during work.
- This is a bit expensive product.
- It has a huge hook that comes in the way.
- Magazine capacity is low in comparison to other models.
BOSTITCH (BCF30PTB) is a 30 degree, 20V MAX cordless framing nailer that offers dual mode of working to its users. This product comes with a tool free firing mode selector. This selector allows users to select between bump and sequential fire mode. It has a built in two speed motor that helps to maximize the productivity of this framing nailer and it can be easily used for driving a complete range of framing nails.
BOSTITCH (BCF30PTB) offers a tool free depth adjustment so users do not need to worry about extra tools. In case of jam, there is a release lever so users can reset the drive blade without any trouble. This is a 100% battery powered product so it can be ported everywhere.
The weight of this product is 8.1 pounds and the other dimensions are 14*13.4*4 inches. Only tool is provided. Battery is not included in the packaging and users have to buy it separately. This product is compact in size so it helps to access tight spaces easily. This is an amazing product that saves up to 20 minutes on daily basis.
- A battery powered product that delivers excellent nailing performance.
- It offers dual mode of working to its user.
- Feature of tool less depth adjustment is amazing.
- A cordless and compact product that can be easily used for overhead working.
- This is a 30 degree framing nailer so it facilitates the nailing of tighter spaces.
- A nailer which can save up to 20 minutes on daily basis.
- There is no need of hose and compressor.
- It can be carried anywhere as it is a cordless nailer.
- Only bare tool is available. Users need to buy the battery separately.
Finish nailer Vs Framing nailer
Different types of nailers are available in the market. Sometimes people get confused and they are unable to distinguish between a finish and framing nailer. But as a matter of fact, both of the products are quite different from each other.
Finish nailer is basically a power tool and as its name suggests, it has been designed for finishing applications like paneling, moldings and installing trims. This product cannot perform heavy duty jobs. On the other hand, framing nailer is a power tool that has been designed for heavy duty applications. Projects that require plenty of nails of big sizes, this is an ideal tool for this job.
Here we are going to discuss some key points that will clear the difference between these two products.
Difference of nails: This is a key difference between these two nailing guns. A framing nailer has been designed to shoot bigger nails that range from 0.113 inch to 0.168 inch whereas a finish nailer can only fire 14 to 16 gauge nails.
Nail length: This is another important point of difference. A finish nailer can gauge nails that are 1 to 2 ½ inch in length. On the other hand, a framing nailer can gauge 1-1/4 to 3 ½ inch nails in size.
Application of nailers: Both of the products are an ideal tool for nailing but they have their different applications.
Finish nailers are used for:
- Installing decorative trims
- DIY projects and small furniture building
- Crown moldings and paneling
Framing nailers are an ideal product for
- The home and construction building
- Plaster works
- Heavy duty carpentry tasks
- Roof sheeting
In short, both of the products have their own benefits and applications. It depends upon the need and working requirement of the users. Professional people who want to accomplish big projects, framing nailer is a suitable product but if the task is simple then finish nailer is an appropriate choice.
Best Cordless Framing Nailer Buying Guides
When you buy a framing nailer, it costs a reasonable amount to you and this is probably a onetime investment so before buying the best cordless framing nailer, you must consider the following points for this long term investment.
- Angle of nailing gun: This is the most important point that you must consider before buying a cordless framing nailer. There are many people who need to perform nailing job by accessing the tight spaces. So in this situation, a framing nailer with 21 degree or more is suitable. But always remember that a higher angled framing nailer cost you more due to its higher operating cost.
- Size of nailer: As we know that cordless framing nailers are a battery powered product, so size of the nailer matters a lot at the time of buying. If a nailer will be heavy, it would cause hand fatigue during work. It will be difficult to hold this heavy product for longer time.
- Type of magazine: Every nailer has a magazine to hold nails but the type of magazine varies from nailer to nailer. Some nailers have stick magazine and some have coil type of magazine. If your nailing job is related to tight or hard to reach places then stick magazine is recommended. On the other hand, coil type of magazine is preferred for normal nailing places.
- Modes of firing: A framing nailer with different modes of firing is always a right choice. This feature makes nailing gun an appropriate choice for different workers.
- Nail capacity: People who work on commercial level, they must look for a nailer with higher nail capacity. This is so because they need to shoot many nails on daily basis. But if you are a hobbyist or DIY warrior then you can select a nailer that has a normal nail holding capacity.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the biggest advantage of cordless framing nailer?
Ans. As these are the battery powered and cordless product so there is no need to worry about power outlet. Once the battery is fully charged, this nailing gun is ready to use. Feature of portability is also high that is another prominent advantage of this tool.
2. Why different framing nailers have different angles?
Ans. Framing nailers with different angles are designed for different purposes. The angle of a framing nailer defines the position or angle at which it will fire the nails. In market, you will find 21 degree, 28 degree and 30 to 34 degree framing nailer.
3. Which thing matters the most at the time of buying a cordless framing nailer?
Ans. It is the size and angle that matters a lot while buying a cordless framing nailer. This is so because if you do not select a right angled nailing gun then you cannot get your desired results and same is the case with size. A heavy product may cause you fatigue during work and ruin your project.
4. Is sequential and bump mode of firing available in every cordless framing nailer?
Ans. No, it is not necessary. Some models offer both modes of firing nails but some does not support this feature.
5. Can we use framing nailers for heavy duty application?
Ans. Yes, framing nailers have been designed to meet the needs of heavy working projects. Projects where rapid firing is required and where you need to fire countless nails, this nailing gun proves an ideal tool.
The selection of the best cordless framing nailer completely depends upon your budget, job requirement and your liking. But once you select an appropriate product then you can do an amazing job with this product. This is so because it does not only save your time but also makes it sure that you have invested in a right tool. So select wisely and you will observe that nailing was not as easy as this tool has made this for you.